Martin W. Bucher 1 2
- Born: 30 Aug 1864, Canton, Stark, OH
- Marriage (1): Kate Cobaugh on 2 Sep 1895 in Canton, Stark, OH 1
- Died: 30 Oct 1910, Canton, Stark, OH at age 46 3
- Buried: Canton: West Lawn Cemetery, Stark, OH 3
Noted events in his life were:
1. He has conflicting birth information of Birth year given in History of Stark County is 1861, not 1864 per FindAGrave. Also, 46y 1m 18d from death date is 12 Sep 1864. 1870 Census agrees with 1864., 30 Aug 1861 and Canton, Stark, OH. 1 2
2. Census in 1870 in Canton, Stark, OH. 2 John Bucher, 42, stove manufacturer, was living with wife Emma, 33; Helen, 10; Martin, 5; Clara, 4. Everyone was born in Ohio. His real estate was worth $20,000 and personal estate $15,000.
3. Book: History of Stark County, 1881. 1
MARTIN W. BUCHER, one of the stock-holders in the Bucher& Gibbs' Plow Company of Canton, was born in this city on the 30th of August, 1861, and is the only son of John R. and Emma (Wikidal) Bucher. parental roof the days of his boyhood and youth were passed, and excellent educational advantages were afforded him. On leaving the public schools, he entered Dennison University in Granville, Ohio, where he vigorously pursued his studies for a year, after which he went to Media, Pa., where he spent two years. he then entered upon his business career, embarking, in 1885, in the tea business with the Great Eastern Tea Company, after which he formed a partnership with Henry Ream, representing the Great Eastern Hong Kong Tea Company.
On the 2d of September, 1895, Mr. Bucher was married to Miss Kate Cobaugh, of Canton, who is a daughter of Daniel Cohaugh, President of the Canton Spring Company. The voting couple reside at No. 158 Aultman Avenue, and their home is the abode of hospitality, and there they entertain their many friends in this community, as in social circles they rank high. They have one son, John R.
After two years' connection with the Great Eastern Hong Kong Tea Company, Mr. Bucher sold his interest in the business, and rented the Sanitarium at Magnetic Springs, in Union County, Ohio, and was its proprietor for one year. He then returned to his native city, and became interested in the Bucher & Gibbs' Plow Company, and now has control of the advertising department. This is one of the leading industries f the city, and was established by his father almost thirty years ago.
Our subject is a wide-awake and enterprising young business man, progressive and public-spirited. He possesses many of the characteristics of his honored father, and will no doubt rapidly win his way upward. With the advantages with which he is surrounded he may achieve excellent success, and the ambition and energy of a young man will, no doubt, gain prosperity for him.
Martin married Kate Cobaugh on 2 Sep 1895 in Canton, Stark, OH.1 (Kate Cobaugh was born in Canton, Stark, OH 1.)