|Florence May Briggs
Noted events in her life were:
1. Census in 1900 in York, York, PA. 9 The 1900 census recorded renting at 325 West Philadelphia Street; Jesse Briggs, bookkeeper, 38, born Dec 1862, living with wife Maggie, 38, Jan 1862; Florence M., 11, Jun 1889; Iva B., 9, Jan 1891; Julia E., 4, Sep 1896, and father-in-law Andrew Myers, widowed, 73, Jan 1827. Everyone and their parents were born in Pennsylvania. Jesse and Maggie were married for 12 years and she had birthed 3 children, all alive in 1900.
2. Residence: 5209 Park Heights Ave, Baltimore, Md. On 3 Jun 1918 in Baltimore, Baltimore, MD. 10
3. Census in 1920 in Baltimore, Baltimore, MD. 11 The 1920 census recorded renting at 5209 Park Heights Ave: William Beecher, foreman machine shop, 23, living with wife Florence, 30. They and their parents were born in Pennsylvania.
4. Residence: 512 S. George St., York, Pa on 20 May 1921 in York, York, PA. 3
5. Census in 1930 in York, York, PA. 12 The 1930 census recorded at renting at 596 Princess Street: Wm. R. Beecher, foreman safe works, 34, living with wife Florence M., 39; and son Wm J. Beecher, 7. Everyone and their parents were born in Pennsylvania.
6. Census in 1940 in York, York, PA. 13 The 1940 census recorded William R. Beecher, 43, living with wife Florence, 50; and son William J., 17. Everyone was born in Pennsylvania.
7. Residence: 182 Broad St., Hallam, Pa. On 26 Apr 1942 in Hallam, York, PA. 14
8. Residence: 182 Broad St., Hallam, Pa. On 16 Jan 1950 in Hallam, York, PA. 15
9. Residence: on 17 Feb 1969 in Hellam Twp., York, PA. 8
10. Obituary: Gazette and Daily: Mrs. Florence Beecher, 80, Claimed By Death on 9 Apr 1970 in York, York, PA. 6 Hallam -- Mrs. Florence Briggs Beecher, formerly of SouthBroad street, died Tuesday at 10:20 p.m. at Rest Haven-York Convalescent home. The widow of William R. Beecher, she was 80.
Florence married William Ross Beecher, son of Thomas Howard Beecher and Minnie May Bupp, on 2 Oct 1915 in York, York, PA.1 (William Ross Beecher was born on 17 Aug 1896 in Seven Valleys, York, PA,2 10 16 17 18 died on 17 Feb 1969 in York, York, PA 2 8 17 18 and was buried on 20 Feb 1969 in Seven Valleys: Mount Prospect Cemetery, York, PA 18.)
1 FamilySearch.org, <i>Pennsylvania, County Marriages, 1885 - 1950</i>, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/VF3C-FG4 William H. Beecher and Florence May Briggs, 02 Oct 1915; citing , York, Pennsylvania, United States; FHL microfilm 1287399.
2 <i>Genealogy Research conducted by Bruce Franklin Beacher Ph.D. (1919-2004)</i>, Letter from William Jesse Beecher, 1/28/1979.
3 Ancestry.com, <i>Pennsylvania, Death Certificates, 1906-1966</i> (Original data: Pennsylvania (State). Death certificates, 1906–1966. Series 11.90 (1,905 cartons). Records of the Pennsylvania Department of Health, Record Group 11. Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.), Certificate 52173, Infant Beecher. Father W B Beecher, mother Florence Briggs.
4 <i>York Daily Record (York, PA)</i>, 16 Jul 2014. Obituary of William J. Beecher.
5 <i>Find A Grave</i>, http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=132882946.
6 <i>The Gazette and Daily (York, PA)</i> (York, York, Pennsylvania.), 9 Apr 1970, page 12. Obituary of Florence Briggs Beecher.
7 <i>York County History Center</i> (250 E Market St, York, PA 17403 https://www.yorkhistorycenter.org/), Newspaper clipping about Jesse Briggs death in library's Beecher surname folder, name of newspaper not cited.
8 <i>Intelligencer Journal (Lancaster, PA)</i>, 19 Feb 1969, page 6. Obituary of William R. Beecher.
9 <i>1900 United States Census</i>, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/M3HH-4FF Florence M. Briggs in household of Jesse Briggs, York city Ward 5, York, Pennsylvania, United States; citing sheet 11B, family 226.
10 <i>United States World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918</i>, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/K6VV-DCF William R Beecher, 1917-1918; citing Delaware County no 1, Pennsylvania, United States, NARA microfilm publication M1509, FHL microfilm 1877945.
11 <i>1920 United States Census</i>, Year: 1920; Census Place: Baltimore Ward 27, Baltimore (Independent City), Maryland; Roll: T625_669; Page: 3A; Enumeration District: 458; Image: 391.
12 <i>1930 United States Census</i>, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XHCX-4C4 Wm J Beecher in household of Wm R Beecher, York, York, Pennsylvania, United States; citing enumeration district (ED) 0108, sheet 7B, family 178, NARA microfilm publication T626.
13 <i>1940 United States Census</i>, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/KQW7-JL2 William J Beecher in household of William R Beecher, Ward 9, York City, York City, York, Pennsylvania, United States; citing enumeration district (ED) 67-133, sheet 9A, family 260.
14 FamilySearch.org, <i>United States World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942</i>, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/VQFZ-NLQ William Ross Beecher, 1942; citing ARC identifier 563728, National Archives and Records Administration, Washington D.C; FHL microfilm 2243664.
15 Ancestry.com, <i>Pennsylvania, Veteran Compensation Applications, WWII, 1950</i>, Application of William J. Beecher. Online image 1366.
16 <i>1900 United States Census</i>, Year: 1900; Census Place: North Codorus, York, Pennsylvania; Roll: 1502; Page: 6A; Enumeration District: 0167; FHL microfilm: 1241502.
17 U.S. Social Security Death Index, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/VS2D-22N null, Feb 1969; citing U.S. Social Security Administration, Death Master File, database (Alexandria, Virginia: National Technical Information Service, ongoing).
18 <i>Find A Grave</i>, http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=132882872.