|Benedetto John Bello Sr.
FamilySearch ID: LDSW-5N2.
Noted events in his life were:
1. He immigrated on 19 Mar 1914 to New York, New York, NY. 6 Name: Benedetto Bello (with wife Anna)
2. Military Draft: 12 Sep 1918, Norristown, Montgomery, PA. 3 From his World War I draft registration card on Sept 12, 1918:
3. Census in 1930 in Plymouth Twp., Montgomery, PA. 5 The 1930 Census recorded Bennie Bello, 33, living with wife Anna, 23; daughter Jeane, 4; and son John, 2. Everyone was born in Pennsylvania except Bennie in Italy. Both Bennie and Anna's parents were born in Italy. His occupation was displain in fireworks company.
4. Census in 1940 in Elkton, Cecil, MD. 7 The 1940 Census recorded in Elkton: Bennie Bello, occupation fireworks manufacturer own business, 43, living with wife Anna, 33; Jean, 13; John, 11; Dolores, 10; Theresa, 9; and Rose, 6. In 1935 everyone lived in Newcastle, Delaware. Everyone was born in Pennsylvania except Bennie in Italy, and Rose in Delaware. Bennie and Anna's parents were born in Italy.
5. He was employed in 1950 in Elkton, Cecil, MD. Benny owned the Mid State Fireworks factory.
6. Newspaper: Morning Herald: Three Injured in Fireworks Plant Blast, 26 May 1962, Hagerstown, Washington, MD. 8 Elkton, Md. (AP) -- Three employees were injured Friday, none seriously, in an explosion and fire which destroyed a small fireworks plant near Elkton.
7. Newspaper: Daily Times: Safety Checks At Fireworks Plants Called, 29 Apr 1969, Salisbury, Wicomico, MD. 9 North East, Md. (AP) -- A special inspection team requested by Gov. Marvin Mandel will start checking safety standards today in the wake of three deaths at one of the five fireworks plants in Cecil County.
8. Newspaper: Standard-Speaker: photo: Fireworks Blast, 29 Apr 1969, Hazleton, Luzerne, PA. 10 Explosion and fire left only concret blocks amid the rubble yesterday to mark the place where three women were killed at the Mid-State Fireworks Co. near Elkton, Md. Three months ago, two others died in a similar explosion in a building that stood near this same spot.
Benedetto married Anna Marie Labik, daughter of MIchael Labik and Unknown. (Anna Marie Labik was born on 24 Aug 1907 in , , PA 5 and died on 1 Jun 1976 in Elkton, Cecil, MD.)
2 , 21 Dec 2016, page A7. Obituary of Benedetto John "Benny" Bello Jr.
3 Ancestry.com, U.S., World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918 (United States, Selective Service System. World War I Selective Service System Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918. Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration. M1509, 4,582 rolls.), Registration State: Pennsylvania; Registration County: Montgomery; Roll: 1907291; Draft Board: 2. Benny Bello.
4 , Benny Bello, SSN # 222-01-3098.
5 , https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XHZW-FWP Bennie Bello, 1930.
Ancestry.com, New York, U.S., Passenger Lists, 1820-1957 (Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at New York, New York, 1820-1897; (National Archives Microfilm Publication M237, 675 rolls); Records of the U.S. Customs Service, Record Group 36; National Archives, Washington, D.C.
Passenger and Crew Lists of Vessels Arriving at New York, New York, 1897-1957; (National Archives Microfilm Publication T715, 8892 rolls); Records of the Immigration and Naturalization Service; National Archives, Washington, D.C.
Supplemental Manifests of Alien Passengers and Crew Members Who Arrived on Vessels at New York, New York, Who Were Inspected for Admission, and Related Index, compiled 1887 - 1952; (National Archives Microfilm Publication A3461, 21 rolls); RG 85, Records of the Immigration and Naturalization Service, 1787 - 2004; Records of the Immigration and Naturalization Service; National Archives, Washington, D.C.), Year: 1914; Arrival: New York, New York; Microfilm Serial: T715; Microfilm Roll: 2276; Line: 29; Page Number: 75.
7 , (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/K7FQ-6RH Bennie Bello, Election District 3, Cecil, Maryland, United States; citing enumeration district (ED) 8-8, sheet 5B, family 105, NARA digital publication T627, roll 1545.
8 (Hagerstown, Washington, Maryland.), 26 May 1962, page 1.
9 , 29 Apr 1969, page 13.
10 (Hazleton, Luzerne County, Pennsylvania), 29 Apr 1969, page 1.