Mary Bare 1
Other names for Mary were Mary Baer and Mary Barr.2
Noted events in her life were:
1. Residence: on 2 Apr 1849 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA. 2
2. Census in 1850 in Pottsville, Schuylkill, PA. 3 The 1850 census recorded in the Northwest Ward of Pottsville: George Eisenhuth, occupation "none, 43, living with Mary, 29, Lydia, 15, George, 10, Sarah, 12, and Susan, 6.. Also in the household is George's father, Bernhard Eisenhuth, 84, and Henry Eisenhuth, 21, occupation clerk, and a Mary Logan, 17 Everyone was born in Pennsylvania, except for Logan in Ireland. George had no real estate value listed, suggesting he was renting.
3. Census in 1860 in Pottsville, Schuylkill, PA. 4 The 1860 census recorded George Eisenhuth, shoe maker, 59, living with Mary, 45; George, boating, 19; Susan, dress maker, 17; Benjamin, 3; and John Hammer, 6. Everyone was born in Pennsylvania. George's real estate was valued at $12,000 and personal estate $27,000, making him quite wealthy for the time.
4. Census in 1870 in New Castle Twp., Schuylkill, PA. 5 The 1870 census recorded Georg Eisenhuth, shoemaker, 69, living with Mary, 49; John, 16; Benjamin, 14; and Henretta, 4. Everyone was born in Pennsylvania. Georg's real estate is valued at $5000. The post office is Broad Mountain.
5. Census in 1880 in Shenandoah, Schuylkill, PA. 6 The 1880 census recorded at 204 West Coal Street: Benjamin F. Euschuth [indexed wrong due to unreadable handwriting on census record], occupation mining, 24, living with wife Lydia A., 21; son George W. 4; daughter Annie E., 2; son Benjamin F., 1; and father George, retired laborer, 81, and mother Mary, 60. Everyone and their parents were born in Pennsylvania.
Mary married George L. Eisenhuth, son of Bernard Eisenhuth and Catherine Saylor, on 2 Apr 1849 in Philadelphia: St. Matthew's Lutheran Church, Philadelphia, PA.1 2 (George L. Eisenhuth was born on 9 Sep 1795 in , Berks, PA,1 died on 13 Dec 1882 in New Castle Twp., Schuylkill, PA 1 and was buried in Tamaqua Twp.: Odd Fellows Cemetery, Schuylkill, PA 1.)
1 <i>Family Records of Phyllis Osborne, great granddaughter of Margaret Anna Eisenhuth, who passed family records to her.</i> (Email from firstname.lastname@example.org).
2 Ancestry.com, <i>Pennsylvania and New Jersey, Church and Town Records, 1669-2013</i>, PA > Philadelphia > St. Matthews Evangelical Lutheran Church. 2 Apr 1849 Marriage George Eisenhuth of Centre County PA to Mary Barr of Philadelphia.
3 <i>1850 United States Census</i>, https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:M4CB-62S George Eisenhuth, Pottsville, northwest ward, Schuylkill, Pennsylvania, United States; citing family 630.
4 <i>1860 United States Census</i>, https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:MXTM-19Z George Eisenhuth, Household 1819, Pottsville, Schuylkill, Pennsylania.
5 <i>1870 United States Census</i>, https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:MZ28-3G8 Georg Eisenhuth, Pennsylvania, United States; citing p. 30, family 215.
6 1880 United States Census, https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:MWVH-SVJ Benjamin F Euschuth, Shenandoah, Schuylkill, Pennsylvania.