|John Paul Blasius
John Paul Blasius 1 2 3 4 5
- Born: 14 Oct 1940, Gordon, Schuylkill, PA 2 5 6
- Marriage (1): Ruthann Louise Beacher
- Died: 27 Feb 1968, Locustdale, Columbia, PA, United States at age 27 2 4 5 6
- Buried: 2 Mar 1968, Fountain Springs: Christ Church Cemetery, Schuylkill, PA 6
Noted events in his life were:
1. Military from 13 Jun 1958 to 12 Jun 1962 in , , PA: Vietnam War: AF 13 630 886 U.S. Air Force rank A/1c. 6
2. Residence: 306 McKnight St., Gordon, Pa 17936 on 27 Feb 1968 in Gordon, Schuylkill, PA. 6
3. Newspaper: Daily Item: Gordon Man Loses Life In Car Crash, 28 Feb 1968, Sunbury, Northumberland, PA. 4 John P. Blasius, 27, of Gordon, was killed at 5:40 p.m. Tuesday in a one-car crash in Conyngham Township about two miles west of Ashland in the southern end of Columbia County.
The accident occurred on L. R. 19081 in Locust Dale when the car careened out of control on an S-curve then hit two trees before coming to rest against a third tree with Blasius pinned between the tree and car. He was pronounced dead on arrival at Ashland State Hospital.
State police from the Bloomsburg substation who investigated the mishap, said the victim was driving alone at an apparent high rate of speed when he failed to negotiate the curve in the road while driving east.
4. Newspaper: Shamokin News-Dispatch: Gordon Man Dies in One-Car Crash at Locust Dale, 28 Feb 1968, Shamokin, Northumberland, PA. 5 A 27-year-old Gordon man, father of three children, was killed Tuesday afternoon in a one-car crash in Locust Dale.
The victim, John P. Blasius of 306 McKnight Street, Gordon, was pronounced dead on arrival at 6:30 p.m. at the Ashland State General Hospital by Dr. Lewis Gabriel.
The accident occurred near the Overkott residence in the southern end of Columbia County. Blasius was apparently traveling at a high rate of speed when his car failed to negotiate an S-curve, left the roadway and struck several trees. The vehicle came to rest against a tree with Blasius pinned between the car and tree.
Troopers of the Bloomsburg sub-station said the car went off the south berm, crossed to the north and struck a tree with the left front fender. The vehicle continued another 20 feet and struck a second tree. Impact spun the car around and it crashed into a third tree with the right fender and door.
Trooper Anthony Basci, who investigated, said troopers assume Blasius was thrown from the right side of the car because the body was found pinned against the tree by the side of the vehicle. The car, owned by the driver's father, Louis Blasius, of Gordon, was demolished.
Deputy Coroner James White released the body to the Kull Funeral Home, Ashland.
John Paul Blasius was born October 14, 1940, son of Louis and Alverta (Knock) Blasius, and was a lifelong member of St. Paul's Lutheran Church, Gordon, and was employed by the Julian Construction Company, Del. Mr. Blasius was a 1958 graduate of Ashland High School and served in the United States Air Force from 1958 to 1962. He was a member of the Gordon Fire Company.
Survivors include the parents; the widow, the former Ruthann Beacher, formerly of St. Clair; three children, Chari, Jeffrey and Mark, at home; two sisters, Mrs. William Caufield, Elyria, Ohio, and Mrs. Kathryn Rock, of Gordon.
Arrangements appear in the funeral notice column.
John married Ruthann Louise Beacher, daughter of Harold Lloyd Beacher and Berneda Elaine Purcell.
<i>Records of Robert Cole, son-in-law of Berneda Beacher.</i> (Enterprise, AL.), Email 23 Aug 2008.
<i>Social Security Death Index</i>, Death record of John Blasius, social security number 208-30-4639.
<i>Schuylkill County Register of Wills & Clerk of Orphans Court</i> (http://www.co.schuylkill.pa.us/Offices/RegisterOfWills/index.asp), Marriage Book 159 page 106 John Paul Blasius and Ruthann Louise Beacher.
<i>The Daily Item (Sunbury, PA)</i>, 28 Feb 1968, page 17. Gordon Man Loses Life In Car Crash.
<i>Shamokin News-Dispatch</i> (Shamokin, Northumberland, Pennsylvania.), 28 Feb 1968, page 2. Gordon Main Dies In One-Car Crash at Locust Dale.
Ancestry.com, <i>Pennsylvania, Veterans Burial Cards, 1777-2012</i> (Pennsylvania Veterans Burial Cards, 1777-2012. Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission, Bureau of Archives and History. Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.), Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission; Harrisburg, Pennsylvania; Pennsylvania Veterans Burial Cards, 1929-1990; Archive Collection Number: Series 1-1; Folder Number: 43. John P. Blasius.