|Ann Maria Ayers
Noted events in her life were:
1. Census in 1850 in Salisbury Twp., Lancaster, PA. 8 Need confirmation this is the correct Anna M. The 1850 census recorded Jacob Ayres, forgeman, 56, living with wife Nancy, 54; Elizabeth, 21; Caroline, 18; Anna M., 18; Agnes M., 9; and Caroline, 5 months. Also in the home is Rebecca Ayers, 63; John Ayers, 23, forgeman, and Isaac Moore, forgeman, 23, and Mary McCraid, 76.
2. Census in 1870 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA. 9 John Beecher was recorded twice in the 1870 census at two locations. On 18 Jul 1870 he was recorded as John Beecher, laborer, 49, living with wife Ann, 38; Kate, 16; Mattie, 14; John, 10; Maggie, 10; Harry, 6; and Rebecca, 5. Everyone was born in Pennsylvania except mother Ann in New York. On 15 Nov 1870 he was living on N Side of Federal Street as: John Beecher, 40, with wife Anna, 30; Margaret, 10; John, 10; Henry, 8; Rebecca 5.
3. Census in 1880 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA. 10 The 1880 census recorded Ann Beecher, occupation laboring, 48, living with only her son William A., 9; and daughter, Elizabeth L., 6. The children and their father were born in Pennsylvania. Mother Ann was born in New York, but her parents were Pennsylvanians.
4. Residence: 1889 Philadelphia Directory: Beecher, Ann, wid John, h 2537 Galloway in 1889 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA. 11
5. Residence: The 1891 Philadelphia City Directory lists: Beecher, Ann M., wid John V., h 2702 Federal. In 1891 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA. 12
6. Census in 1910 in North Coventry Twp., Chester, PA. 13 William A. Beecher, mail carrier, 39, was married for 20 years to wife Laura E., 42. She had birthed 5 children, 4 still alive in 1910. With them: Edna, body marker in shirt factory, 20; J. Earl, core marker in foundry, 17; Eva M., 14; daughter Marion J., 9; and mother Ann M., 80, widow, who had birthed 6 children, 5 alive in 1910. Everyone and their parents were born in Pennsylvania.
7. Cause of Death: arteria schlerosis, 12 Feb 1911, North Coventry Twp., Chester, PA. 1
8. Death Certificate: 13 Feb 1911, North Coventry Twp., Chester, PA. 5 Ann Maria Beecher. Age 78. Female.
Ann married John Valentine Beecher, son of Jacob Franklin Beecher Sr. and Catherine Braun. (John Valentine Beecher was born on 8 Jan 1821 in Earl Twp., Lancaster, PA 14 15 16 17 18, christened on 6 Feb 1821 in New Holland: Trinity Lutheran Church, Lancaster, PA,16 17 died on 5 Jun 1886 in Pottstown, Montgomery, PA 14 17 18 and was buried in North Coventry Twp.: Mount Zion Cemetery, Chester, PA 18.)
1 Ancestry.com, <i>Pennsylvania, Death Certificates, 1906-1966</i> (Original data: Pennsylvania (State). Death certificates, 1906–1966. Series 11.90 (1,905 cartons). Records of the Pennsylvania Department of Health, Record Group 11. Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.), Certificate 15720, Ann Maria Beecher, parents unknown, b. 3 Apr 1832.
2 Ancestry.com, <i>Pennsylvania, Death Certificates, 1906-1966</i> (Original data: Pennsylvania (State). Death certificates, 1906–1966. Series 11.90 (1,905 cartons). Records of the Pennsylvania Department of Health, Record Group 11. Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.), Death Certificate 42530. William Ayers Beecher. Father John V. Beecher. Mother Annie Ayers. Spouse Emma Whitman.
3 FamilySearch.org, "Pennsylvania Marriages, 1709-1940," https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/V26Q-ZNT 1889 marriage of Emma Laura Whitman and William A. Beecher (mother Ann Maria Beecher).
4 Ancestry.com, <i>U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007</i> (Original data: Social Security Applications and Claims, 1936-2007.), William Ayres Beecher, SSN 180206057.
5 FamilySearch.org, <i>Pennsylvania, Philadelphia City Death Certificates, 1803-1915</i> (From originals housed at the Philadelphia City Archives. "Death Records."), Image 94 of 560. https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/J69L-MLY Ann Maria Beecher, 1911.
6 <i>Pennsylvania, Philadelphia City Births, 1860-1906</i> (www.FamilySearch.org), https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/VBT8-QGX birth of Willie Beecher, 1873, parents John V. and Annie Beecher.
7 <i>Pottstown Mercury</i> (Pottstown, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania), 7 May 1945, page 3. Obituary of William A. Beecher.
8 <i>1850 United States Census</i>, https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:M4HG-J1R Jacob Ayres, Salisbury, Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States; citing family 480.
9 <i>1870 United States Census</i>, Year: 1870 18 Jul; Census Place: Philadelphia Ward 26 District 88, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Roll: M593_1414; Page: 570B; Image: 462; FHL Film: 552913. 2nd listing: 1870 15 Nov, , Ward 26. N Side Federal Street.
10 1880 United States Census, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/MWJ1-QCS Ann Beecher, 1880.
11 Ancestry.com, U.S. City Directories, 1822-1995, 1889 Philadelphia Directory, printed page 168, online image 86.
12 Ancestry.com, U.S. City Directories, 1822-1995, Image 157 of 2090. Philadelphia City Directory, Page 143.
13 <i>1910 United States Census</i>, Pennsylvania, Chester County, North Coventry Township, Series: T624 Roll: 1328 Page: 263.
14 McAdams, Mrs. Harry Kennett: compiler and publisher. Sections of Beecher Genealogy compiled with aid of direct descendent Dr. A.C. Beecher in Philadelphia, <i>Kentucky Pioneer and Court Records: Abstracts of Early Wills, Deeds and Marriages from Court Houses and records of Old Bibles, Churches, Grave Yards, and Cemeteries. Copied by American War Mothers.</i> (Keystone Printery, Lexington, KY. 1929.), Page 313.
15 <i>1860 United States Census</i>, Pennsylvania, Juniata County, Fermanagh Township, Series: M653 Roll: 1119 Page: 595.
16 <i>Trinity Lutheran Church, New Holland, Lebanon County, Pennsylvania</i> (Note: Some very early records that appear in this church register were from Muddy Creek Lutheran Church in Brecknock Township, before the congregation moved to New Holland.).
17 <i>Find A Grave</i>, http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=106088622.
18 <i>Find A Grave</i>, https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/106088647.