|Laura May Stehlig
Noted events in her life were:
1. Census in 1920 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA. 2 The 1920 census recorded John Beecher, 45, living with wife Laura, 33; daughter Virginia, 16; and mother-in-law Pauline Stalig, 60. Everyone was born in Pennsylvania.
2. Census in 1930 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA. 7 The 1930 census recorded John Beecher, 56, living with wife Laura, 42; Virginia, 26; and mother-in-law Pauline Stehlig, 70. Everyone was born in Pennsylvania. John, Laura and Pauline's parents were born in Germany.
3. Census in 1940 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA. 8 The 1940 census recorded Henry E. Crankshaw, bank clerk, 32, living with wife Virginia, 35; sons Henry E., 8, and John T., 4; and father-in-law John W. Beacher, 66; mother-in-law Laura Beacher, 52; and Laura's mother Pauline Stehlig, 80. Everyone was born in Pennsylvania.
4. Residence: 4402 Comly St., Philadelphia, PA on 10 Nov 1944 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA. 3
5. Obituary: Philadelphia Inquirer: obituary of Larua Stehlig Beecher on 6 Jan 1977 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA. 4 Jan. 4, 1977, LAURA (nee Stehlig), age 89 years, wife of the late John Beecher, mother of Virginia Crankshaw and 3 grandchildren, Henry Crankshaw III, John T. Crankshaw and Virginia Salerno and 7 great grandchildren. Relatives and friends are invited to the funeral Fr., 2 P.M., from the FUNERAL HOME OF ALFRED P. G. ROSE, 2616 Bridge St., Bridesburg. Int. Oakland Cem. Friends may call Thurs. eve., 7 to 9 P. M. Contributions to the First Presbyterian Church of Bridesburg, 2766 Pratt St., 19137 would be appreciated.
Laura married John William Beecher Jr., son of John William Becher Sr. and Louisa Moe, in 1910 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA.1 2 (John William Beecher Jr. was born on 2 Feb 1873 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA,3 6 9 died on 10 Nov 1944 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 3 and was buried on 14 Nov 1944 in Philadelphia: Oakland Cemetery, Philadelphia, PA.)
1 Ancestry.com, <i>Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Marriage Index, 1885-1951</i>, John Becher and Laura Stehlig.
2 <i>1920 United States Census</i>, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/MFYR-N21 John Beecher, 1920.
3 Ancestry.com, <i>Pennsylvania, Death Certificates, 1906-1966</i> (Original data: Pennsylvania (State). Death certificates, 1906–1966. Series 11.90 (1,905 cartons). Records of the Pennsylvania Department of Health, Record Group 11. Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.), Death Certificate 101499. John W. Beecher. Father John Beecher. Mother Louisa Moe. Spouse Laura Stehlig.
4 <i>Philadelphia Inquirer (Philadelphia, PA)</i>, 6 Jan 1977, page 20. Obituary of Laura Beecher.
5 U.S. Social Security Death Index, Laura Beecher, Number: 197-30-1399; Issue State: Pennsylvania; Issue Date: 1955-1957.
6 <i>United States World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918</i>, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/K6KX-3HF John William Beecher, 1917-1918.
7 <i>1930 United States Census</i>, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XH4F-65H John Beecher, 1930.
8 <i>1940 United States Census</i>, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/KQ4M-GNR Henry E Crankshaw, 1940.
9 <i>1900 United States Census</i>, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/M37P-7ST John Beecher, 1900.