|Clara P. Bellows
FamilySearch ID: L6YX-5JY.
Noted events in her life were:
1. Census in 1920 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA. 6 The 1920 census recorded at 1214 56th Street: Lew Beecher, druggist, 27, living with wife Clara, 22. They are their parents were born in Pennsylvania.
2. Census in 1930 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA. 2 The 1930 census recorded owning an $8000 home at 1214 S. 36th Street in Philadelphia: Lew Beecher, druggist, 38, lliving with wife Clara, 33; daughter Jean, 2 years 6 months; son William, 7; and mother-in-law Claire Bellows, 73. Everyone and their parents were born in Pennsylvania, except Claire's mother in Maryland. Lew was married at age 25, Clira at age 20.
3. Census in 1940 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA. 7 The 1940 census recorded at 1214 56th Street: Calra [Clara] Beecher, sales clerk, 43, widow, living son Wm F., 17; and daughter Jean C., 12. Everyone was born in Pennsylvania.
4. Census in 1950 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA. 8 The 1950 census recorded at 1214 South 56th Street: Clara Beecher, clerk for naval base, widowed, 49, living with son William L. Beecher, clerk for life insurance company, 27, and his wife Beverly J., typist for automobile insurance company, 24, and Clara's daughter Jean C. Beecher, typist for life insurance company, 22. Everyone was born in Pennsylvania except Beverly in Iowa.
5. Obituary: Philadelphia Inquirer: obituary of Clara B. (nee Bellows) Beecher on 14 Jan 1988 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA. 9 BEECHER CLARA B. (nee Bellows). Jan. 12, of Verona Rd., Broomall, wife at the late Lew, mother of the late William L., survived by her daughter, Jean Fenton, her grandchildren, Leslie, Robert, Amy, Gray, Mark, Heidi and Adam. Relatives and friends are invited to attend her funeral service Sat. 11 A. M. at THE ROBERT L. D'ANJOLELL MEMORIAL HOME OF BROOMALL, 2811 West Chester Pike, Broomall. Arlington Cem. Friends may call Sat. 9:45 to 10:45. (Parking on premises.).
Clara married Lew Wallace Beecher, son of William L. Beecher and Clara S. Moyer, on 23 Jun 1917 in Reading, Berks, PA.1 (Lew Wallace Beecher was born on 29 May 1892 in Reading, Berks, PA 10 11 12 13 14 15, christened on 7 Aug 1892 in Wernersville: St. John's (Hains) Reformed Church, Berks, PA,11 died on 2 Jun 1935 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 13 14 15 16 17 and was buried on 6 Jun 1935 in Wernersville: St. John's Cemetery, Berks, PA 4 13 14 15 16.)
1 (Reading, Berks, Pernnsylvania.), 23 Jun 1917, page 10. Marriage of Lew Wallace Beecher and Clara P. Bellows.
2 , Year: 1930; Census Place: Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Roll: 2129; Page: 23B; Enumeration District: 205; Image: 300.0; FHL microfilm: 2341863.
3 (http://www.ObituariesFree.com), http://www.obituariesfree.com/2010/11/beverly-j-beecher.htm .
4 , 5 Jun 1935, page 29. Obituary of L. W. Beecher.
5 , http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=69508466.
6 , Year: 1920; Census Place: Philadelphia Enumeration District: 1511; Description: Philadelphia City, Ward 40, Tract A N 8 (part) bounded by 56th, Florence Ave, 58th, Thomas AveWard 40, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
7 , Year: 1940; Census Place: Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Roll: T627_3756; Page: 4B; Enumeration District: 51-2220.
8 "1950 United States Census," https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:6XB5-VNCP Clara Beecher Philadelphia PA.
9 , 14 Jan 1988, page 58. Obituary of Clara Bellows Beecher.
10 , https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/M3M5-M6G William Beecher, ED 65 Precinct 4 Reading city Ward 6, Berks, Pennsylvania, United States; citing sheet 9A, family 172, NARA microfilm publication T623, FHL microfilm 1241378.
11 (Lower Heidelberg Township), http://archive.org/stream/historyofstjohns00kers/historyofstjohns00kers_djvu.txt.
12 , https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/K6K6-DTC Lew Wallace Beecher, 1917-1918.
13 Ancestry.com, Pennsylvania, Veterans Burial Cards, 1777-2012 (Pennsylvania Veterans Burial Cards, 1777-2012. Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission, Bureau of Archives and History. Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.), Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission; Harrisburg, Pennsylvania; Pennsylvania Veterans Burial Cards, 1929-1990; Archive Collection Number: Series 1-1; Folder Number: 30. Beecher, Lew W. (Wallace).
14 Ancestry.com, Pennsylvania, Veterans Burial Cards, 1777-2012 (Pennsylvania Veterans Burial Cards, 1777-2012. Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission, Bureau of Archives and History. Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.), Beecher, Lew W. 1892-1935.
15 Ancestry.com, Pennsylvania, U.S., Death Certificates, 1906-1968 (Original data: Pennsylvania (State). Death certificates. Records of the Pennsylvania Department of Health, Record Group 11. Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.), Death Certificate 52653. Lew Wallace Beecher. Father William L. Beecher. Mother Clara Moyer.
16 FamilySearch.org, United States Headstone Applications for U.S. Military Veterans, 1925-1949, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/VHZW-8NR Lew Wallace Beecher, 1935.
17 Pennsylvania Department of Health, Pennsylvania, Death Indices (Pennsylvania Division of Vital Records, New Castle, PA, 16103. Online at http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt/community/public_records/20686 .), Death Certificate 52653, Lew W. Beecher.