Rolland Deford Jackson 1
- Born: 29 May 1922, South Bend, St. Joseph, IN 1
- Marriage (1): Frances Mae Jackson
- Died: 22 Jul 2012, Mishawaka, St. Joseph, IN at age 90 1
- Buried: South Bend: Highland Cemetery, St. Joseph, IN 1
Noted events in his life were:
1. Obituary: South Bend Tribune: obituary of Rolland D.Jackson on 29 Jul 2012 in South Bend, St. Joseph, IN. 2 Rolland D. Jackson, 90, of Mishawaka, passed away at 6:00 p.m. Sunday (July 22, 2012) at his home. He was born May 29, 1922 in South Bend to George & Lila (Bisonet) Jackson. His first wife, Frances Mae Anderson, preceded him in death on Feb. 1, 1968. He then married Charlotte A. (Krasnesky) Sutton on June 20, 1968 in South Bend. She survives along with 1 stepson, James (Carolyn) Sutton of San Diego, CA, 1 stepdaughter, Sharon Frey of Austin, TX, 4 step grandchildren, 9 step great-grandchildren and 1 brother, Donald Jackson of Pleasanton, CA.
He was preceded in death by a daughter, Reneva Jackson, a step granddaughter, Carrie Ann Sutton and 2 half brothers, Loren & Lyle Young.
Rolland worked at Ball-Band, Oliver, Studebaker, and in 1986 he retired from Bendix. He was a member of the Michiana Kennel Club and the St. Joe Canoe Club. He raised Cairn Terriers and enjoyed camping. Rolland also enjoyed traveling. He traveled to 45 foreign countries and all 50 states. In 1941 he graduated from Central High School in South Bend. At the age of 80 he received his college degree from IUSB.
Visitation will be from 7-8 p.m. Thursday, August 2, 2012 and from 10-11 a.m. Friday, August 3, 2012 at Zimmerman-Inman Funeral Home. Funeral services will be held at 11:00 a.m. Friday at the funeral home. Pastor Jeff Marshall from Osceola United Methodist Church will preside and burial will follow in Highland Cemetery. Memorial contributions may be given to Alzheimer's Association
Rolland married Frances Mae Jackson. (Frances Mae Jackson was born in 1923,3 died in 1968 3 and was buried in Granger: Saint Joseph Valley Memorial Park, St. Joseph, IN 3.)