|Colonel Charles John Steedman
Noted events in his life were:
1. Residence: in 1830 in Charleston Neck, Charleston, SC. 5
2. Cause of Death: Died fighting a fire from an exploding powder keg used to keep a burning home from spreading flames into the city., 27 Apr 1838, Charleston, Charleston, SC.
3. Residence: in 1800 in Charleston, Charleston, SC. 8
4. He served in the military in 1812 in , , , USA. 6
5. Property Owned Soldier's Retreat Plantation in Pendleton, Anderson, SC.
1 Lisle, John B, <i>Stedman/Steadman/Steedman Families of the New World</i> (http://johnlisle.us/genealogy/).
2 Ancestry Family Trees (Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com. Original data: Family Tree files submitted by Ancestry members.), Ancestry Family Tree.
4 <i>Find A Grave</i>, http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=35393272.
5 <i>1830 United States Census</i>, 1830 US Census; Census Place: Charleston Neck, Charleston, South Carolina; Page: 116; NARA Series: M19; Roll Number: 170; Family History Film: 0022504.
6 Direct Data Capture, comp, U.S., War of 1812 Service Records, 1812-1815 (Ancestry.com Operations Inc).
7 Rear Admiral Charles Steedman, USN. Editor: Dr. Amos Lawrence Mason, <i>Memoir and Correspondence of Charles Steedman, Rear Admiral, United States Navy</i> (Cambridge, Riverside Press, 1912.).
8 <i>1800 United States Census</i>, Year: 1800; Census Place: Charleston, South Carolina; Roll: 48; Page: 145; Image: 228; Family History Library Film: 181423.