|John Michael Adams
FamilySearch ID: L6RG-LTC.
Noted events in his life were:
1. Census in 1880 in Emmitsburg, Frederick, MD. 2 The 1880 census recorded John F. Adams, farmer, 48, living with wife Anna M., 37; Mary E., 15; Edward J., 12; Francis L., 10; Joseph H., 8; Stella J., 6; and John M., 2. Everyone was born in Maryland, except John F., Anna, and Mary were born in Pennsylvania. John F.'s father was born in Maryland, his mother in Pennsylvania. Anna's parents were Pennsylvanian.
2. Census in 1900 in York, York, PA. 7 The 1900 census recorded at 113 West Baptist Avenue: John Adams, day laborer, 22, born Aug 1877, living with wife Minnie, 21, Jan 1879. They were married for 4 years and she had birthed 2 children both alive in 1900 and living with them: Henry, 2, Jun 1897; and Guy, 0, May 1900. Everyone and their parents were born in Pennsylvania.
3. Residence: 445 Walnut St., York, Pa. on 28 Dec 1908 in York, York, PA. 3
4. Census in 1910 in Columbia, Lancaster, PA. 8 The 1910 census recorded John M. Adams, heater in rolling mill, 32, with wife Minnie G., 30, and son John Adams, 7; and Minnie's brother George H. Beecher, laborer in rolling mill, 33, single, all as lodgers in the household of John N. Caton, railroad conductor, 50, and his wife Emma F., 42. John M. Adams was born in Maryland and his mother in Pennsylvania and father in the United States. Minnie, son John, and George Beecher and their parents were born in Pennsylvania. John and Minnie were married for 13 years and she had birthed 3 children, 1 alive in 1910.
5. Census on 1 Jun 1915 in Rome, Oneida, NY. 9 The 1915 New York State Census recorded John Adams, painter and p. h., 38, living with wife Minnie, 36; and son John Lester, 12.
6. Occupation: heater at Rome Iron Mill, Carol St., Rome, NY on 12 Sep 1918 in Rome, Oneida, NY. 6
7. Residence: 215 N. Madison St., Rome, NY on 12 Sep 1918 in Rome, Oneida, NY. 6
8. Residence: on 7 Feb 1920 in Rome, Oneida, NY. 4
9. Obituary: Gettysburg Times: obituary of John M. Adams on 1 Dec 1954 in Gettysburg, Adams, PA. 1 John M. Adams, 77, a native of Emmitsburg, died Sunday evening at 7 o'clock at his home, Westernville R. 1, N. Y.
John married Minnie Gertrude Beecher, daughter of Cornelius Christian Beecher and Emma Margaret Long, in 1896 in Gettysburg, Adams, PA.1 (Minnie Gertrude Beecher was born on 29 Jan 1879 in Gettysburg, Adams, PA,7 10 11 12 died in 1942 in Rome, Oneida, NY 11 and was buried on 4 Nov 1942 in Rome: St. Mary's Cemetery, Oneida, NY, USA 11 13.)
1 , 1 Dec 1954, page 2. Obituary of John M. Adams.
2 1880 United States Census, Year: 1880; Census Place: Emmittsburg, Frederick, Maryland. Page 228A.
3 Ancestry.com, Pennsylvania, U.S., Death Certificates, 1906-1968 (Original data: Pennsylvania (State). Death certificates. Records of the Pennsylvania Department of Health, Record Group 11. Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.), Certificate 118294, Guy Francis Adams. Father John M Adams, mother Minnie G. Beecher.
4 (Gettysburg, Adams, Pennsylvania.), 7 Feb 1920, page 1. Obituary of Cornelius Beecher.
5 , http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=92734334.
6 , https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:K6JV-JLM John Michael Adams.
7 , https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/M3H4-1NB John Adams, York city Ward 4, York, Pennsylvania, United States; citing sheet 17B, family 395, NARA microfilm publication T623, FHL microfilm 1241503.
8 , https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:MGZW-RCR John M. Adams and George H. Beecher in household of John N Caton, Columbia Ward 1, Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States; citing enumeration district (ED) 14, sheet 12A, family 239.
9 Ancestry.com, New York, State Census, 1915, New York State Archives; Albany, New York; State Population Census Schedules, 1915; Election District: 01; Assembly District: 03; City: Rome Ward 04; County: Oneida; Page: 18.
10 1880 United States Census, Pennsylvania, Adams County, Cumberland Township, Family History Library Film 1255085, NA Film Number T9-1085, Page Number 158A.
11 , http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=92734289.
12 Ancestry.com, U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007 (Original data: Social Security Applications and Claims, 1936-2007.), Minnie Gertrude Adams, SSN 091168872.
13 , 2 Nov 1942, page 4. Obituary of Mrs. John Adams.