|Lt. Col. Archie Aaron Cummings
Noted events in his life were:
1. Census in 1910 in Peoria Township, Peoria, IL. 7 The 1910 census recorded at 114 Springdale Avenue: Horace Cummings, machinist in implement factory, 27, living with wife Eva, seamstress at home, 34; and son Archie, 7. Everyone and their parents were born in Illinois, except Eva's father in Ohio and mother in Indiana. Horace and Eva were married for 9 years and she had birthed only 1 child by 1910.
2. Census in 1920 in Richmond, Richmond, NY, USA. 4 The 1920 census recorded Archie Cummings, soldier, 18, single, as a patient in Fox HIll Hospital on Staten Island. He and his parents were born in Illinois.
3. Residence: on 13 Dec 1929 in Washington, District of Columbia, DC, USA. 1
4. Census in 1930 in Rantoul Township: Champaign, Illinois, USA. 8 The 1930 census recorded living at Chanute Field Air Base: Archie A. Cummings, soldier, 27, living with wife Nellie E., 27. He and his parents were born in Illinois. She and her parents were born in Pennsylvania. The census states they were both married at age 19.
5. Census in 1940 in Riverside, Riverside, CA. 9 The 1940 census recorded at 3441 Market Street: Archie A. Cummings, radio operator for Army Air Corp., 37, born in Illinois, living with wife Velma, 29, born in Texas. In 1935 they were living in San Antonio, Texas.
Archie married Nellie Emma Pittenturf, daughter of Frank Powers Pittenturf and Mary Ann Beecher, on 5 Nov 1921 in Washington, District of Columbia, DC, USA. (Nellie Emma Pittenturf was born on 23 Jan 1904 in Gettysburg, Adams, PA 10 11 and died on 28 Aug 1974 in Coral Gables, Miami-Dade, FL, USA 11.)
Archie next married Velma R. Mitchell. (Velma R. Mitchell was born on 24 Apr 1910 in Smiley, Gonzales, TX, USA,5 died on 7 Oct 1991 in San Antonio, Bexar, TX 5 and was buried on 10 Oct 1991 in San Antonio: Fort Sam Houston National Cemetery, Bexar, TX, USA 5.)
1 <i>Gettysburg Times (Gettysburg, PA)</i>, 14 Dec 1929, page 1. Obituary of Frank Powers Pittenturf.
2 <i>District of Columbia Marriages, 1811-1950</i> (FamilySearch.org), https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:V64N-B47 Archie A Cummings and Nellie E Pittenturf, 1921.
3 Texas State Registrar Office, "Texas Deaths, 1890-1976," database, <i>FamilySearch.org</i> (https://familysearch.org), https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:K39J-3MH.
4 <i>1920 United States Census</i>, Year: 1920; Census Place: Richmond Assembly District 2, Richmond, New York; Roll: T625_1239; Page: 18B; Enumeration District: 1595; Image: 256.
5 <i>Find A Grave</i>, http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=3020404.
6 National Cemetery Administration, U.S. Veterans Gravesites, ca.1775-2006, Archie A. Cummings.
7 <i>1910 United States Census</i>, Year: 1910; Census Place: Peoria Ward 2, Peoria, Illinois; Roll: T624_316; Page: 14A; Enumeration District: 0073; FHL microfilm: 1374329.
8 <i>1930 United States Census</i>, Year: 1930; Census Place: Rantoul, Champaign, Illinois; Roll: 410; Page: 9A; Enumeration District: 0052; Image: 297.0; FHL microfilm: 2340145.
9 <i>1940 United States Census</i>, https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:K94J-7YG Archie A Cummings, Ward 3, Riverside, Riverside Judicial Township, Riverside, California, United States; citing enumeration district (ED) 33-41, sheet 1B, family 19.
10 <i>1910 United States Census</i>, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/MGD9-FC5 Frank P Pittenturf, Gettysburg Ward 3, Adams, Pennsylvania, United States; citing enumeration district (ED) 13, sheet 7B, family 162.
11 FamilySearch.org, <i>Florida Death Index, 1877-1998</i>, Nellie P. Macmurray, b. 23 Jan 1904 d. 28 Aug 1974.