Jacob Young Sr. 1
- Born: 1755, , Rowan, NC 1
- Marriage (1): Magdaleen Molly Burkhart
- Died: 20 Jan 1823, , Washington, IN, USA at age 68 1
- Buried: New Pekin: Hoffman Cemetery, Washington, IN, USA 1
Noted events in his life were:
1. Oath: Signed Oath of Allegience, 7 Aug 1778, , Rowan, NC.
2. Father gave him land in 1787 which he sold Nov 1808. In 1787 in , Rowan, NC.
3. Property in 1813 in Jackson Township, Washington, IN, USA.
4. He signed a will Will written. Names executors as sons-in-law Philip Shoultz and John Becker (sic, should be Beeker) on 16 May 1816 in , Washington, IN, USA.
5. Will probated on 17 Mar 1823 in , Washington, IN, USA.
6. Newspaper: Indianapolis Star: Indiana Ancestors column mentions Jacob Young and John Beeker, 21 Aug 1966, Indianapolis, Marion, IN. 2 Indiana Ancestors
Q-3530 Seeking burial place of Jacob YOUNG (JUNG), a Revolutionary War patriot, and wife, Magdalene. Came from Salisbury District, Rowan County, North Carolina to Harrison County in Indiana (later Washington County) about 1808. His will there dated 5-15-1816, proved 3-17-1823, named heirs: wife; sons, Jacob and Frederick (d. before (5-15-1816) daughters, Elizabeth (wife of Phillip SHOULTZ), Christina (wife of John BEKER or BEEK-ER), Magdaleen, Anna Maria. Grandchildren: Solomon and sister, Anna Maria who were children of deceased son, Frederick. Mrs. William E. Sanson, 1208 Ball Street, Lafayette, 47904.
Q-3531 In Washington County 1820 Census, John BEEKER, wife, Christina with sons Daniel and Leonard, daughters Susannah and Barbara, lived next door to Jacob YOUNG, (Senior) and wife, Magdalene. By 1830 in Tippecanoe County, John BEEKER lived next door to Elizabeth SHULTS (Z) (widow of Phillip) and next to her, John PRUITT family (wife, Barbara, sister to Elizabeth BEEKER). John BEEKER and wife are buried in Pretty Prairie Cemetery, Tippecanoe County. Will exchange. Mrs. William E. Sanson, 1208 Ball Street, Lafayette, 47904.
7. Book: A Roster of Revolutionary Ancestors of the Indiana Daughters of the American Revolution, 4 Jul 1976. 3
Young (Yung, Jung) Jacob, b. 1758-60, ca. Pa., N. C. (Georgia), d. 1823, Washington Co., Ind., m. 1780-82 Magdaleen (Burkhart), b. 1755, Rowan Co., N. C., d. aft. 1823, Washington Co., Ind. SERVICE: Daughters of American Revolution Magazine, Vol 82, Year 1848, page 208. Contributed by Addie Louks Leham, Rebecca Motte Chapter, Charleston, S. C. Oath of Allegiance - Rowan Co. Salisbury District, N. C. Jacob Young's name appears in first column, twelfth name from top. CHILDREN: Frederick, b. aft. 1782, d. bef. 15 May 1816; Jacob, b. 1784-90, Elizabeth, b. 1781, m. M. Phillip Schoultz; Christina, b. 14 Jun 1790, m. John Beeker; Magdaleen, b. 1790-1800; Anna Maria, b. 1790-1800. DESCENDANT: HURLEY, Meriam Anderson, N. 589469.
Jacob married Magdaleen Molly Burkhart. (Magdaleen Molly Burkhart was born in 1762 in , Rowan, NC 4 and was buried in New Pekin: Hoffman Cemetery, Washington, IN, USA 4.)