|Wayne Regar Charles
Noted events in his life were:
1. Military from 7 Dec 1941 to 7 Dec 1945 in , , PA: WWII. 4
2. Residence: on 13 Jan 1947 in York, York, PA. 2
3. Residence: 216 E. Market St., York, PA on 16 Jan 1950 in York, York, PA. 4
4. Residence: on 9 Jul 1956 in York, York, PA. 3
5. Obituary: Gazette and Daily: obituary of Wayne Charles on 29 Nov 1968 in York, York, PA. 8 Wayne R. Charles, 54, husband of Pauline H. Charles, 5434 Carolina place, Washington, D. C, died Wednesday at 10:30 p.m., at Simbley hospital, Washington, D.C. Mr. Charles was a former Yorker and son of the late Jacob E. and Jane J. Baird Charles. He was a district manager for Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream company, a member of the first Moravian Church of York and served with the United States Army in World War II. Surviving also are two step-sons, William Barber, Japan and Richard Barber, USN, Calif.; five step grandchildren, and two brothers, Jacob E. Charles, 3218 East Market street and Robert B. Charles, 490 Woodland View drive. Funeral arrangements are incomplete.
Wayne married Pauline Helen Beeker, daughter of Thomas Jefferson Beeker Sr. and Annie M. Leonard. (Pauline Helen Beeker was born on 4 Dec 1908 in Greensboro, Guilford, NC 9 10 11 and died on 2 Jul 1991 in Mission Viejo, Orange, CA, USA 10 11 12.)
1 <i>Washington Post Newspaper</i> (Washington, D.C.), 4 May 1955, obituary of Jefferson Clarence Beeker.
2 <i>Greensboro Record (Greensboro, NC)</i>, 13 Jan 1947, page 7. Obituary of Thomas Jefferson Beeker.
3 <i>Greensboro Daily News (Greensboro, NC)</i>, 10 Jul 1956, page 13. Obituary of Dan Beeker.
4 Ancestry.com, <i>Pennsylvania, Veteran Compensation Applications, WWII, 1950</i>, Wayne R. Charles, wife Pauline Helen Charles.
5 Ancestry.com, U.S. WWII Draft Cards Young Men, 1940-1947 (Ancestry.com Operations, Inc.), Wayne Regar Charles b. 7 Jan 1913.
6 Ancestry.com, <i>U.S., Department of Veterans Affairs BIRLS Death File, 1850-2010</i> (Beneficiary Identification Records Locator Subsystem (BIRLS) Death File. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.), Wayne Charles d. 26 Nov 1968.
7 <i>Find A Grave</i>, https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/175892195.
8 <i>The Gazette and Daily (York, PA)</i> (York, York, Pennsylvania.), 29 Nov 1968, page 53. Obituary of Wayne Charles.
9 <i>1920 United States Census</i>, https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:MZVD-652 Jefferson F Benker, Morehead, Guilford, North Carolina, United States; citing sheet 43A.
10 Ancestry.com, <i>U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007</i> (Original data: Social Security Applications and Claims, 1936-2007.), SSN 578347881 Pauline Helen Beeker Charles. Father Thomas J. Beeker. Mother Anne Leonard.
11 FamilySearch.org, California Death Index, 1940-1997 (Department of Public Health Services, Sacramento.), https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:VPVH-VH1 Pauline Helen Charles, 02 Jul 1991.
12 <i>Orange County Register (Santa Ana, CA)</i>, 4 Jul 1991, obituary of Pauline Helen Charles.