|Hans Martin Bucher
Hans Martin Bucher 1 2 3 4 5
Other names for Hans were Martin Booher,6 Hans Martin Bougher and Martin Bouher.7
FamilySearch ID: KJ5P-K59.
If you are related to this ancestor and a male with this surname (or variant spelling) you are invited to participate at our expense in our Genealogy Y-DNA Research that uses a two-minute mail-in test to prove which family lines are related. Visit http://www.searchtrees.com/dna to see the latest research findings and email email@example.com to get tested for free.
Information about Bomberger Cemetery is found at:
Noted events in his life were:
1. He immigrated The Charming Nancy on 8 Oct 1737 to , Philadelphia, PA. 8 If you study the ships list for The Charming Nancy in 1737 you will find Johan Martin Becher who is believed to be Hans Martin Bucher. More significantly, pay close attention to the other surnames on board this ship. Some of these families intermarry in later years with the Christian Bomberger that Hans Martin marries into or the Bucher families. Researchers should suspect that many on this ship were traveling together from the homeland and migrated together to settle in and around Warwick Township, Lancaster County.
2. Property on 30 Jan 1741 in Warwick Twp., Lancaster, PA. 3 In his will Christian Bumberger stated the following:
3. Property on 10 Dec 1742 in Warwick Twp., Lancaster, PA. 7 The heirs of Christian Bumberger quit claim 113 acres to Martin Bouher of Lancaster County. Signed by Christian's sons John, Christian Jr. and daughters Ann Coffman (husband John), Margaret Bowman (husband John), Barbara Hersha (husband Christian), Elizabeth Bouher (husband Martin).
4. Property on 30 Oct 1760 in Warwick Twp., Lancaster, PA. 9 Land warranted on 18 Jan 1745 to Christian Bomberger was surveyed and returned in 1760 when it was assigned to "Martin Bougher."
5. Property on 24 Sep 1761 in Warwick Twp., Lancaster, PA. 9 Land warranted on 20 May 1740 to Christian Bomberger was surveyed and returned in 1761 when it was assigned to "Martin Bougher."
6. Witness: 8 Feb 1770, Warwick Twp., Lancaster, PA. 10 He served as an executor of the will of Hans Huber. An abstract of the will:
7. Tax List: 1771, Warwick Twp., Lancaster, PA. 11 Martin Bucher is taxed for 250 acres, 4 horses, 4 cattle. 1 pound 15 shillings.
8. Tax List: 1773, Warwick Twp., Lancaster, PA. 12 Martin Bucher is taxed for 240 acres, 4 horses, 3 cattle, 1 pound 12 shillings.
Hans married Elizabeth Bomberger, daughter of Christian Bomberger and Maria, in Jun 1741. (Elizabeth Bomberger was born about 1715 in Eschelbronn, , Baden-Württemberg, DEU, died in 1779 in , Lancaster, PA 3 and was buried in Warwick Twp.: Bomberger's Burial Ground, Lancaster, PA 3.)
1 Wenger, Samuel S., and Earle K. Sr. and Helen I, The Wenger Book: A Foundation Book of American Wengers, Including Variant Spellings, such as Winger, Wanger, Whanger, Wegner, Wengert, Wengerd, Wingart, Wingard, Wingert, Wangerd, Wengar, Wencker, and Names Spelled with "V" rather than "W." (Lancaster, Pa.: Pennsylvania German Heritage History, 1978, 1989, 1997 reprint. 1588 pp. $49.50 (cloth).).
(Lancaster Mennonite Historical Society
2215 Millstream Road, Lancaster, PA 17602-1499
Phone: (717) 393-9745
http://www.lmhs.org/), Jan. 1983, The Shope Mennonite Cemetery and Area Families.
3 Bomberger, Lloyd Huber, Bomberger Lancaster County Roots 1722 - 1986 (1986. Lancaster, Pa.: Barbara N. Miller, 1986. 224 pp. $18.00 (paper). Surnames: Bomberger, Brubaker, Bucher, Nissley, Nolt, Miller. Allied: Eby, Gingrich, Good, Hershey, Herr, Hess, Huber, Keener, Kendig, Kreider, Landis, Martin, Metzler, Oberholtzer, Peters, Reist, Rohrer, Shertzer, Weaver.).
219 Mill Road
Morgantown, PA 19543
http://www.masthof.com), Jan 1988; p 29, "Immigrant Hans Martin Bucher" by Sink, Doris.
5 Bucher, Jonas Hess & Bucher, Ada Mae, Bucher Family History 1715-1981 (Lancaster Mennonite Historical Society, Lancaster, PA.).
6 Mayhill, R. Thomas, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, deed abstracts & Revolutionary War oaths of allegiance; deed books "A" through "M", 1729 through ca. 1770, with adjoining landowners & witnesses. (Knightstown, Ind., Bookmark, 1994, c.1973.), Page 4 Deed A52.
7 Mayhill, R. Thomas, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, deed abstracts & Revolutionary War oaths of allegiance; deed books "A" through "M", 1729 through ca. 1770, with adjoining landowners & witnesses. (Knightstown, Ind., Bookmark, 1994, c.1973.), Page 4 Deed A54.
8 Ralph Beaver Strassburger, Edited by William John Hinke, Pennsylvania German Pioneers, A Publication of the Original Lists of Arrivals In the Port of Philadelphia (Baltimore, MD: Genealogical Publishing Company, 1966), Page 191.
9 (http://www.phmc.state.pa.us/BAH/DAM online records.), http://www.phmc.state.pa.us/BAH/DAM/rg/di/r17-114CopiedSurveyBooks/Book%20%20A1-A89/Book%20A-83/Book%20A-83%20pg%20516.pdf.
11 Egle, William Henry, editor, Pennsylvania Archives: Third Series (Harrisburg, Pennsylvania State printer, 1894-99. Description v. pl., maps. 22 cm.), Vol. XVII, page 124.
12 Egle, William Henry, editor, Pennsylvania Archives: Third Series (Harrisburg, Pennsylvania State printer, 1894-99. Description v. pl., maps. 22 cm.), Vol. XVII, page 471.
Table of Contents | Surnames | Name List
This website was created 17 Mar 2023 with Legacy 9.0, a division of MyHeritage.com; content copyrighted and maintained by firstname.lastname@example.org