Other names for Henry were Heinrich Bucher, Henrich Bucher 5 and Henry Bucher.
This ancestor is included in our Genealogy Y-DNA Research which reveals the others he is related to.
Sponsor was Henrich Dubs and Anna Maria.
Noted events in his life were:
1. Census in 1800 in Bethel Twp., Dauphin, PA. 6 In the 1800 Census in Bethel Township, Dauphin County, Peter Bougher is listed with this household:
2. Census in 1810 in Upper Paxton Twp., Dauphin, PA. 7 In the 1810 Census in Upper Paxton Township, Dauphin County, a Henry and Peter Bucher are listed next to each other as follows…
3. He appeared as a sponsor at a baptism on 20 Jun 1819 at Fredericksburg: St. John's Reformed & Lutheran Church, Lebanon, PA. Henrich Bucher and wife Elizabeth were sponsors for the baptism of Henry, son of Henrich Dubbs and wife Margaret. In 1778 when Henrich Bucher was born in this same church, the sponsors were Henrich Dubs and Anna Maria, probably this Dubbs father. 2
4. Census in 1820 in Bethel Twp., Lebanon, PA. 8 The 1820 Census for Bethel Township in Lebanon County shows Henry Bucher's household had:
5. Census in 1860 in Fredericksburg, Lebanon, PA. 9 Henry Bucher, age 81, occupation "gentleman", is living with Anna, age 62, alone. His real estate is valued at $800 and his possessions at $100. Both their birth places are recorded as "Lebanon Co."
Henry married Elizabeth Faber, daughter of Johannes Faber and Margreta Rudy, on 6 Apr 1801 in Lebanon: Salem Evangelical Lutheran Church, Lebanon, PA.1 (Elizabeth Faber was born on 10 Apr 1784 in , , PA,3 died on 4 Sep 1838 in , Lebanon, PA 3 and was buried in Fredericksburg: St. John's Cemetery, Lebanon, PA 3.)
Witnesses were Peter Bucher, father, and widow Margreta Faber.
1 <i>Salem Evangelical Lutheran Church, Lebanon, Lebanon County, Pennsylvania</i> (Church records available from Lebanon County Historical Society and also by renting these microfilms from the Catalog at FamilySearch.org: Film 933974 Births/Christenings 1763-1876, computer printout. Film 1434022 Baptismal Registers and Burial Records, 1773-1876, typewritten transcription. Film 1033984 Marriages 1794-1876, typewritten transcription. Film 1434022 has been transcribed onto the FamilySearch.org site and can be searched online by entering the Film # into the search form.).
2 <i>St. John's Reformed & Lutheran Church, 1774-1867, Fredericksburg, PA</i>.
Egle, William Henry, 1830-1901, <i>History of the Counties of Dauphin and Lebanon in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania : Geographical and Genealogical</i> (Philadelphia : Everts & Peck, 1883
360 p., 63 p. of plates : ill., maps), Page 175.
4 Humphrey, John T, <i>Pennsylvania Births, Lebanon County, 1714-1800</i> (Washington, D.C. : Humphrey Publications, 1996.), Page 31.
5 F. Edward Wright, <i>Early Church Records of Lebanon County, Pennsylvania</i> (c) 1995, Family Line Publications, Rear 63 East Main St, Westminister, Maryland 21157 800-876-6103, Page 148.
6 <i>1800 United States Census</i>, Pennsylvania, Dauphin County, Bethel Township, Series: M32 Roll: 40 Page: 263.
7 <i>1810 United States Census</i>, Pennsylvania, Dauphin County, Upper Paxtang Township, In the 1810 Census in Upper Paxtang Township, Dauphin County, Series: M252 Roll: 54 Page: 128.
8 <i>1820 United States Census</i>, Pennsylvania, Lebanon County, Bethel Township, Series: M33 Roll: 105 Page: 82.
9 <i>1860 United States Census</i>, Pennsylvania, Lebanon County, Fredericksburg, Series: M653 Roll: 1128 Page: 28.