|Charles Augustus Winemiller
Charles Augustus Winemiller 1 2 3
Other names for Charles were August Weihmiller,4 Charles Augustus Weihmiller and Karl August Weyhmuller.5
FamilySearch ID: 9H9D-FY3.
Noted events in his life were:
1. He immigrated about 1881.
2. Occupation: cigar maker in Jan 1884 in Shrewsbury Township, York, Pennsylvania, United States. 4
3. Book: History of York County, Pennsylvania, 1886. 4
4. Occupation: York County Directory: Beacher, John, cigarmaker, Seven Valley; Beacher, Paris, laborer, Seven Valley; Weihmiller, August, cigarmaker, Shrewsbury; Weihmiller, William F., cigar manufacturer, Seven Valley in 1886 in Shrewsbury Township, York, Pennsylvania, United States. 7
5. Newspaper: York Daily: Attempted Robbery of Augustus Weihmilller, 4 Jul 1905, York, York, PA. 8 TWO FOOTPADS BEAT A NORTH YORK MAN
6. Cause of Death: Died at York Hospital from myocardial myocardial insufficiency, enlarged prostate, nephritis, 12 Apr 1934, York, York, PA. 3
7. Occupation: cigar maker on 12 Apr 1934 in York, York, PA. 3
8. Obituary: The Gazette and Daily: obituary of Charles Augustus Winemiller on 13 Apr 1934 in York, York, PA. 2 Charles Augustus Winemiller, a bachelor, who resided alone in a small house in the rear of 242 South Penn street, died last night at 7:30 o'clock at the York hospital where he had been a medical patient since March 8. Death was caused by a complication of diseases. He was seventy-six years old. He is survived by a brother, William F. Winemiller, of Wilmington, Del., who is taking charge of funeral arrangements.
9. Newspaper: The Gazette and Daily: funeral of Charles Augustus Winemiller, 14 Apr 1934, York, York, PA. 6 Funeral services will be held today for Charles Augustus Winemiller, of 242 South Penn street, who died Thursday night at the York hospital. Services will be held at the funeral parlor of C. O. Goodling, Seven Valleys, at 1:30 p. m. Interment will be made in the Mt. Prospect cemetery, Seven Valleys.
1 , https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/179009222.
2 (York, York, Pennsylvania.), 13 Apr 1934, page 6. Obituary of Charles Augustus Winemiller.
3 Ancestry.com, Pennsylvania, U.S., Death Certificates, 1906-1968 (Original data: Pennsylvania (State). Death certificates. Records of the Pennsylvania Department of Health, Record Group 11. Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.), Certificate 43472. Charles Augustus Winemiller. Father Michael Winemiller. Mother Margaret Kimmer. Informant Mrs. Anna C. Burns, Wilmington, DE.
4 John Gibson, historical editor, History of York County, Pennsylvania (Chicago: F. A. Battey Publishing Co., 1886.), Page 184, Shrewsbury Township, August Weihmiller.
5 FamilySearch.org, Deutschland Geburten und Taufen 1558-1898, https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:NCSG-K9N Karl August Weyhmueller Or Weysmueller, 31 Jan 1858; citing ; FHL microfilm 1,056,882.
6 (York, York, Pennsylvania.), 14 Apr 1934, page 4. Funeral of Charles Augustus Winemiller.
7 Ancestry.com, U.S., City Directories, 1822-1995, 1886 York County Directoy, page 340, Beacher; page 515, Weihmiller.
8 , 4 Jul 1905, page 1.
Table of Contents | Surnames | Name List
This website was created 17 Mar 2023 with Legacy 9.0, a division of MyHeritage.com; content copyrighted and maintained by firstname.lastname@example.org