James R. "Jim Bob" Anderson 1 2 3
- Born: 12 Dec 1917, , Rush, IN 2 3
- Marriage (1): Rosalyn Berry on 4 Dec 1949 in , Rush, IN 1
- Died: 24 Jan 1983, South Pasadena, Pinellas, FL, USA at age 65 1 2 3
- Buried: 28 Jan 1983, Rushville: East Hill Cemetery, Rush, Indiana, United States 2 3
Noted events in his life were:
1. Arrival: 1961, in Roanoke, Roanoke (city), VA. 1 3
2. Obituary: Greensburg Daily News: obituary of James R. Anderson on 26 Jan 1983 in Greensburg, Decatur, IN. 3 James R. (Jim Bob) Anderson, 65, Hollins, Va., died while vacationing in South Pasadena, Fla., at 2 a.m. Monday morning.
Mr. Anderson was born Dec. 12, 1917, in Rush County, the son of James W. and Florence Elstun Anderson. He was married on Dec. 4, 1949, to Rosalyn Brown and she survives with two sons: James W. Anderson, Alexandria, Va.; and Robert Anderson, a student in the William Mary University in Virginia; one daughter, Mrs. Mike (Mary Martha) Casper, Gainesville, Ga.; and two grandchildren. Orphaned at a young age by the death of his parents in an auto-train collision, he was raised by an aunt and an uncle, Mr. and Mrs. J.W. Anderson, and considered his cousins as sisters. They survive, and are Mrs. Herman (Alice) Boring and Mrs. Robert (Mary Margaret) Anderson.
He was preceded in death by three brothers and one sister.
An Air Force pilot in World War II, he afterwards was a salesman for the Allied School Supplies of Indiana. He moved to Roanoke, Va., in 1961, and was the owner of card and gift shops in the Crossroads Mall in Roanoke. He was a graduate of Indiana University where he was a member of Sigma Chi. He was also a member of the United Methodist Church in Hollins, a suburb of Roanoke, and the Elks Lodge.
The services will be held at the Wyatt-Moore Mortuary in Rushville at 1:30 p.m. Friday, with the Rev. Gregory McGarvey officiating, and with burial in the East Hill Cemetery in Rushville. Friends may call between 7 p.m. and 9 p.m. Thursday.
James married Rosalyn Berry, daughter of Edward Percival Berry and Doris Howard, on 4 Dec 1949 in , Rush, IN.1 (Rosalyn Berry was born on 21 Sep 1925 in Rushville, Rush, Indiana, United States,1 4 died on 28 Nov 2011 in Roanoke, Roanoke (city), VA 1 4 and was buried on 2 Dec 2011 in Rushville: East Hill Cemetery, Rush, Indiana, United States 1 4.)