|Dr. Charles B. Austin
Dr. Charles B. Austin 1
Noted events in his life were:
1. Census in 1860 in Noblesville, Hamilton, IN, United States. 2 The 1860 census recorded Charles B. Austin, physician, 33, living with wife Sarah, 33; son Thomas B., 14; daughter Alferth, 11; and daughter Besefine, 1 Everyone was born in Ohio, except Besefine in Indiana. Charles had no real estate value and his person estate was $400. The post office was Noblesville.
2. Newspaper: Fort Wayne Daily Gazette: S. A. Austin, wife of Dr. C. B. Austin, and mother of Dr. T. B. Austin, died at Bluffton, Thursday, at 7 p. m. Funeral to-day., 30 Jun 1877, Fort Wayne, Allen, IN. 3
3. Newspaper: Noblesville Ledger: death of Mrs. C. B. Austin, 13 Jul 1877, Noblesville, Hamilton, IN, United States. 4 C B. Austin, of Wells county, brother of Dr. E. P. Austin, was here during a portion of the week visiting. Eleven yeas ago Mr. Austin was a citlzen and successful physician of Noblesville Recently, only a week or two ago, his wile, a most excellent woman, sister of our esteemed friends, Mr. Dr. E. M. Morrison and Eider Thomas Burnau, died, which is, indeed, a sad affliction, and one in which he will receive the sympathy of his old neighbors and friends.
4. Census in 1880 in Hoopeston, Vermilion, IL, USA. 5 The 1880 census recorded living on Penn Street: C. B. Austin, minister, 51, living with wife Joanna, 31; Della Austin, 19; Edward K. Austin, works on farm, 14; Mary E. Brown, 19; Jacob D. Brown, 16; Alpharetta Brown, 11; and Myrta W. Brown, 8. C. B. and his parents were born in Pennsylvania. Della and Edward were born in Indiana, their father in Pennsylvania and mother in Ohio. Joanna was born in Indiana and her parents in Ohio. The Brown children and their parents were born in Indiana.
5. Newspaper: Chicago Tribune: Henry Newlin Arrested for Bigamy, 15 Dec 1882, Chicago, Cook, IL. 6 CINCINNATI, O., Dec. 14. -- Henry Newlin was arrested tonight on a charge of bigamy at the instance of Dr. C. B. Austin, of Covington, Fountain County, Ind. father of Newlin's last wife, married but a few weeks ago. He is accused of having a wife living at Port Clinton, O.
6. Newspaper: The Indianapolis News: Della Austin's husband Harry Newlin Pleads Guilty to Bigamy, 19 Dec 1882, Indianapolis, Marion, IN. 7 Harry Newlin was arraigned before Judge Robb at Covington, yesterday afternoon, on a charge of bigamy, and pleaded guilty to the charge, his attorneys asking the clemency of the court. The judge withheld sentence for the present and remanded the prisoner to the county jail. On the 5th of July last Newlin married Miss Lizzie, daughter of J. B. Wright, of Port Clinton, Ohio, and after living with her about four weeks, deserted her and went to New Palestine, from which place he made frequent visits to Veedersburg, where on tbe 7th day of October he was married to Della, daughter of Dr. C. B. Austin, in opposition to the wishes of the doctor.
Charles married Sarah Ann Burnau on 19 Dec 1844 in , Preble, OH. (Sarah Ann Burnau was born on 11 Dec 1824 in , , OH, died on 28 Jun 1877 in Bluffton, Wells, IN, USA 3 and was buried on 30 Jun 1877 in Zanesville, Wells, IN, United States 3.)
Charles next married Joanna Osborn on 1 May 1879 in , Fountain, Indiana, United States. (Joanna Osborn was born on 6 Mar 1844 in , Fountain, Indiana, United States,8 died on 4 Mar 1923 8 and was buried in Lovejoy Township: Floral Hill Cemetery, Iroquois, Illinois, United States 8.)
1 , https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/34887191.
2 , https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:M4F2-SXB Charles B Austin, 1860.
3 "Fort Wayne Daily Gazette (Fort Wayne, IN)," 30 Jun 1877, page 4. Obituary of S. A. Austin.
4 "The Noblesville Ledger (Noblesville, IN)," 13 Jul 1877, page 4. Death of Mrs. C. B. Austin.
5 1880 United States Census, https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:MXKP-RC3 C B Austin, Hoopeston, Vermilion, Illinois, United States; citing enumeration district ED 215, sheet 454A.
6 "Chicago Tribune (Chicago, IL)," 15 Dec 1882, page 5.
7 "Indianapolis News (Indianapolis, IN)," 19 Dec 1882, page 2.
8 , https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/181328019.