|Elsie Mira E. Austin
Noted events in her life were:
1. Occupation: stenographer in 1912 in Yonkers, Westchester, NY. 1
2. Newspaper: Allentown Leader: B. J. Knerr Wedded in Yonkers, 13 Dec 1912, Allentown, Lehigh, PA. 2 Blaine Jones Knerr [sic], formerly of this city, was last Saturday evening united in marriage with Miss Elsie Mira Austin, the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. K. A. Austin, 40 Purser Place, Yonkers. The marriage took place at the residence of Mr. and Mrs. E. M. Yerks, 19 Philipse Place, Yonkers, with the Rev. Henry Olmsted of St. Andrew's Memorial Episcopal Church officiating. A vested choir of ten boys, under the leadership of Harry Woodstock from All Angels Church, New York city, sang. Mr. and Mrs. Knerr left on a honeymoon trip to the South and upon their return they will reside at 34 Cliff Avenue, Yonkers. Mr. Knerr, who was formerly of this city, is in business in New York.
3. Census in 1915 in Yonkers, Westchester, NY. Blain J. Knerr and wife Elsie M., https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/K957-JS2 : accessed 05 Nov 2013), Blain J Knerr, 1915.
4. Census in 1920 in Detroit, Wayne, MI. 3
5. Residence: Knerr, Elsie (wid Blaine) r 417 18th Street South, St. Petersburg, FL in 1926 in Saint Petersburg, Pinellas, FL. 6
6. Newspaper: St. Petersburg Times: Mrs. Elsie Knerr To Join Motorcade, 3 Oct 1929, Saint Petersburg, Pinellas, FL. 7 Mrs. Elsie Austin Knerr, well known business woman of this city and prominent member of the Business and Professional Women's club, left Wednesday with Mr. and Mrs. Maurice B. Thayer of Clearwater to join the Old Spanish Trail motorcade to California.
7. Newspaper: St. Petersburg Evening Independent: Florida Caravan Reaches End of Long Journey, 23 Oct 1929, Saint Petersburg, Pinellas, FL. Read Mrs. Elsie Austin Knerr's comments in article online at https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=QOpPAAAAIBAJ&sjid=BlUDAAAAIBAJ&pg=3965%2C3067245
Elsie married Blaine Jonas Knerr, son of Elias Henry Knerr and Sarah Isabella Diehl, on 7 Dec 1912 in Yonkers, Westchester, NY.1 2 (Blaine Jonas Knerr was born on 23 Nov 1882 in Weidasville, Lehigh, PA,4 8 9 died on 12 Nov 1921 in Rockville Centre, Nassau, NY, USA 9 10 and was buried in Leather Corner Post: Morgenland Church Cemetery, Lehigh, PA 9.)
1 FamilySearch.org, <i>New York, County Marriages, 1908-1935</i>, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/FFTS-9HF Blain Jonas Knerr and Elsie Mira E Austin, 1912.
2 <i>The Allentown Leader (Allentown, PA)</i> (Allentown, Lehigh, Pennsylvania), 13 Dec 1912, page 6. Marriage of B. J. Knerr and Elsie Mira Austin.
3 <i>1920 United States Census</i>, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/MZ7T-P5V Elsie A Knerr in household of Blaine J Knerr, Detroit Ward 2, Wayne, Michigan, United States; citing sheet , family 25, NARA microfilm publication T625, FHL microfilm 1820803.
4 <i>United States World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918</i>, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/K6XM-4DJ Blaine Jonas Knerr, 1917-1918; citing Detroit City, Michigan, United States, NARA microfilm publication M1509.
5 FamilySearch.org, <i>Florida Death Index, 1877-1998</i>, Elsie Knerr, 13 May 1887, Pinellas, FL.
6 Ancestry.com, U.S. City Directories, 1822-1995, 1926 St. Petersburg City Directory, page 399.
7 <i>St. Petersburg Times</i> (St. Petersburg, Pinellas, Florida.), 3 Oct 1929, page 6. Online https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=EpAxAAAAIBAJ&sjid=yE0DAAAAIBAJ&pg=5943%2C3629497.
8 <i>1900 United States Census</i>, Pennsylvania, Lehigh County, Lowhill Township Visit 128.
9 Knerr, Katie Isabelle, <i>Notes of Katie Isabelle Knerr</i> (Handwritten notes of her family history, in possession of her daughter, Isabel Beacher.).
10 <i>New York Times</i> (New York, New York. Some articles online at http://query.nytimes.com/), 13 Nov 1921, page 22. Death notice for Blaine J. Knerr.