Elizabeth Eby 1 2 3 4 5
- Born: 13 Mar 1762, Warwick Twp., Lancaster, PA 2 4
- Marriage (1): Joseph Bucher about 1780
- Died: 19 Aug 1832, Warwick Twp., Lancaster, PA at age 70 2
- Buried: Warwick Twp.: Bomberger's Burial Ground, Lancaster, PA 4
Noted events in her life were:
1. She has conflicting death information of 13 Mar 1762 and Elizabeth Twp., Lancaster, PA. 1 2 4
2. Book: Biographical History of the Eby Family, 1889. 2
Elizabeth Eby was married to Joseph Bucher. They resided one and one-half miles north of Lititz, Lancaster County, where they possessed a far of 400 acres. They both lie buried in Bomberger's Burial Ground, which is near said farm. After their decrease the large farm was purchased by their son Jonas, who disposed two parts of it to his two brothers-in-law, Joseph Brubacher and Daniel Brubacher. The part of the farm retained by Jonas Bucher is now owned by son Joseph, who has rented it to his son Jacob.
The family of Elizabeth Eby and her husband Joseph Bucher, eight children in all, is as follows:
1. Anna Bucher, married to Abraham Hostetter, had a family of two children, namely, Abraham and David.
2. Jonas Bucher, married to Susan Wittwer, had a family of eight children, viz., Elizabeth married to Jacob Kreider, after his death to Christian Eby. Mary married to Jacob Erb. Fannie married to Henry Zug. Annie married to Henry Reist. Leah married to Seth Eby. Joseph married to Annie Shenk, after her decease to Catherine Risser. Catherine, married to Christian Hernly, and Jonas W., married to Susan Bollinger.
3. Elizabeth Bucher, married to Daniel Brubacher, had a familyh of four children, namely, Susan married to Samuel Gsell. Elizabeth married to Peter Reist. John married to Molly Bomberger, and Fannie married to Augustus Sturgis.
4. Mary Bucher married to Joseph Brubacher has a family of ten children as follows: namely, Catherine married to John Bomberger, Joseph married to Susan Rudy, Barbara married to Christian B. Snyder, Mary married to Christian E. Bomberger, David (Deacon in the Mennonite Church) married to Lizzie Hess, Anna married to Jacob Sherk, Elizabeth married to Levi Weaver, Levi B. married to Elizabeth Schaeffer, Jonas married to Leah Keller and John married to __ Weidler.
5. Susan Bucher married to Henry Becker, had a family of nine children, namely, John, Elias, Henry, Levi, Israel, Nancy, Catherine, Sarah, Eliza. Not reported to the writer to whom they were married.
6. Barbara Bucher, married to Christian Weis, had a family of five children namely, Andrew, Henry, Samuel, Christian, and Eliza.
7. Veronica Bucher, married to George Huber, had a family of three children, namely, John, Christian, and Matilda who wasw married to John N. Eby.
8. Catherine Bucher, married to Samuel Lehman, had a family of ten children namely, Henry, Catherine married to Samuel Longenecker, Sarah married to David Beck, Maria, Sem, Fannie married to Henry C. Gingerich, Elizabeth, Samuel, Jonas, and Susan. That last four died in infancy.
Elizabeth married Joseph Bucher, son of Hans Martin Bucher and Elizabeth Bomberger, about 1780. (Joseph Bucher was born on 6 Sep 1755 in Warwick Twp., Lancaster, PA,2 4 died in Sep 1804 in Warwick Twp., Lancaster, PA 2 4 and was buried in Warwick Twp.: Bomberger's Burial Ground, Lancaster, PA 4.)