|William Lewis Beeker
William Lewis Beeker 1 2 3 4 5
- Born: 2 Oct 1931, Birmingham, Jefferson, AL 1 4 6
- Marriage (1): Helen Lucile Crump
- Died: 19 Sep 2016, Titusville, Brevard, FL, USA at age 84 4 6 7
- Buried: Titusville: Oaklawn Memorial Gardens, Brevard, Florida, United States 4
Noted events in his life were:
1. Census in 1940 in Birmingham, Jefferson, AL. 1 The 1940 census recorded renting at 1201 50th Street: Samuel Beeker, line man construction for power company, 49, living with wife Rose, 38; Samuel, 19; Edna Rose, 15; William Lonnie, 8; and Augusta, 5. Samuel Sr. was born in North Carolina, the others in Alabama. They were in the same place in 1935.
2. Newspaper: Birmingham News: Helen Lucile Crump is Wed to William Lewis Beeker, 15 Jun 1952, Birmingham, Jefferson, AL. 5 Helen Lucile Crump is Wed to William Lewis Beeker
(photo of Mrs. Beeker)
Taking place Saturday evening, the wedding of Miss Helen Lucile Crump and William Lewis Beeker was solemnized at the West End Methodist Church. The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Russell Marion Crump of Collinsville, Ala. Mr. Beeker is the son of Mrs. S. P. Beeker and the late Mr. Beeker of Birmingham. Dr. Wilkie Collins officiated and music was by Mrs. DeWitt Truss and Chalmers Chism. THE BRIDE was given in marriage by her father. The sheer yoke of her white satin dress was encircled with Chantilly lace, and the skirt fell into a court train. The fingertip illusion veil was caught to a Juliet cap edged with pearls and orange blossoms. She carried a cascade bouquet of carnations centered with a white orchid on her maternal grandmother's prayer book. Miss Augusta Beeker was maid of honor. Miss Kathryn Beaty, Miss Patsy Faulk and Miss Betty Grimmer were bridesmaids. Their ice blue tulle and taffeta dresses were made with shirred bodices and net stoles. They carried cascade bouquets of yellow roses and carnations. Lou Ellen Crump, niece of the bride, and Deare Cash were flower girls. JAMES EDWARDS was best man for Mr. Beeker. Ushers were John Earl Vaughan, Marvin Garrison, Robert Snell and Morris Brill Jr. A reception in the church parlors followed. Mrs. Crump wore a gown of champagne lace. Mrs. Beeker chose mauve lace. Both had corsages of orchids. Serving at the reception were Mrs. R. W. Echols, aunt of the bride; Mrs. J. E. Faulk, Miss Edna Beeker, Miss Beth Ann Penny, Miss Jean Walker, Miss Betty Ann Howell, Miss Betty Faye Dobbs, Mrs. J. G. Abernathy, and Mrs. W. C. Crump, an aunt of the bride. For their honeymoon, th bride traveled in a rose-colored Shantung suit with gray and white accessories.
3. Residence: on 26 Dec 1998 in Titusville, Brevard, FL, USA. 2
4. Residence: on 13 Aug 2005 in Titusville, Brevard, FL, USA. 3
5. Obituary: Florida Today: Beeker, William, age 84, of Titusville, Monday, September 19, 2016, North Brevard Funeral Home on 21 Sep 2016 in Cocoa, Brevard, FL, USA. 7
William married Helen Lucile Crump, daughter of Russell Marion Crump and Virginia Shelburne.
<i>1940 United States Census</i>, https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:V15L-YP9 Samuel Beeker, Tract 38, Birmingham, Election Precinct 9, Jefferson, Alabama, United States; citing enumeration district (ED) 68-52, sheet 61A.
<i>Florida Today (Cocoa, Florida)</i>, 29 Dec 1998, page 29. Obituary of Samuel P. Beeker.
<i>Birmingham News (Birmingham, AL)</i> (Birmingham, Jefferson, Alabama.), 16 Aug 2005, obituary of Edna Rose Beeker.
<i>Find A Grave</i>, https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=170469463.
<i>Birmingham News (Birmingham, AL)</i> (Birmingham, Jefferson, Alabama.), 15 Jun 1952, page 55. Marriage of Helen Crump and William Beeker.
<i>Hometown News (Titusville, FL)</i>, 7 Oct 2016, death of William Beeker.
<i>Florida Today (Cocoa, Florida)</i>, 21 Sep 2016, page A15.