|Theresa Jane Hennessey
Noted events in her life were:
1. New York State Census census in 1855 in Albany, Albany, NY. 6 The 1855 New York State Census recorded John Hennessy, mason, 40, living with wife Bridget, 35; sons Richard J., 15; John H., 14; and Michael V., 9; and daughters Mary C., 12; Terressa J., 4; and Josephene, 0. Also in the home is father-in-law Patrick Cass, 70, and a servant, Catherine Blanch, 40. The parents were born in Ireland, and all children in Albany, New York.
2. Census in 1860 in Albany, Albany, NY. 2 Teh 1860 census recorded in Albany's 9th ward; John Hennessy, 60, living with wife Bridget, 41; son Richard, 20; John, 17; Mary E., 16; Michael W., 14; and Teressa J., 9. The parents were born in Ireland and all children in New York, except Richard born in "Ocean".
3. Census in 1880 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA. 4 The 1880 census recorded at 2205 Masher Street: James Beacher, black smith, 35, living with wife Teresa, 26; and son Frank, 6. James and his parents were born in Ireland. Teresa and her mother were born in Albany, New York and her father in Ireland. Frank was born in Jersey City, New Jersey, his father in Ireland and his mother in Albany, New York.
4. Newspaper: Philadelphia Inquirer: "Skeletons in Court: Marriages That Were A Failure: Blacksmith James Beecher was in arrears on a former order of $4 a week made on him in favor of his wife, Theresa. The threat of jail produced a $10 bill.", 25 Jan 1890, Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA. 7
5. Census in 1900 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA. 8 The 1900 census recorded at 304 Orkeney Street: Frank A. Hartley, machinist, 26, born Sep 1873, living with wife Elizabeth, 24, Mar 1876; and daughter Theresa, Sep 1899. Also in the home is mother Theresa Beecher, 44, Feb 1856, widowed, who had birthed 1 child by 1900. Frank and his father were born in New Jersey and his mother in New York. Elizabeth, her parents, and her daughter were born in Pennsylvania. Mother Theresa was born in New York and her parents in Ireland.
6. Residence: 1929 Garrison St., Philadelphia, PA on 13 Oct 1938 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA. 5
Theresa next married James Beecher. (James Beecher was born in 1846 in , , , IRL,10 11 12 died in Jul 1901 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 10 12 and was buried on 5 Jul 1901 in Yeadon: Holy Cross Cemetery, Delaware, PA 11 12.)
1 <i>New Jersey, Marriages, 1678-1985</i> (www.FamilySearch.org), https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FZKH-58D Robert Hartly and Theresa Henasey, 08 Aug 1872; citing 1,403,472.
2 <i>1860 United States Census</i>, https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:MCWQ-F69 John Hennessy, 1860.
3 <i>New Jersey, Births and Christenings Index, 1660-1931</i> (www.Ancestry.com), Francis Aloysius Hartley. Father Robert Hartley. Mother Theresa Jane Hennessey.
4 1880 United States Census, https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:MWJV-LBZ James Beacher, Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States; citing enumeration district ED 370, sheet 307C.
5 Ancestry.com, <i>Pennsylvania, Death Certificates, 1906-1966</i> (Original data: Pennsylvania (State). Death certificates, 1906–1966. Series 11.90 (1,905 cartons). Records of the Pennsylvania Department of Health, Record Group 11. Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.), Certificate 106298. Theresa J. Beecher. Father Richard Henney. Mother Bridget Cass. Informant Frank Hartley.
6 FamilySearch.org, <i>New York, State Census, 1855</i>, https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:K63Q-127 John Hennessy, E.D. Northern, Ward 8, Albany City, Albany, New York, United States; count clerk offices, New York; FHL microfilm 521,922.
7 <i>Philadelphia Inquirer (Philadelphia, PA)</i>, 25 Jan 1890, page 3.
8 <i>1900 United States Census</i>, https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:M3WV-L5D Theressa Beecher in household of Frank A Hartley, Philadelphia city Ward 33, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States; citing sheet 3A, family 40.
9 FamilySearch.org, <i>New Jersey Deaths and Burials, 1720-1988</i>, Robert Hartley. Father Bernard Hartley. Mother Jane.
10 <i>Philadelphia Public Ledger (Philadelphia, PA)</i>, July 2-3, 1901.
11 Ancestry.com, <i>Pennsylvania and New Jersey, Church and Town Records, 1669-2013</i>, PA > Delaware > Yeadon > Holy Cross Cemetery. James Beecher.
12 <i>Find A Grave</i>, http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=170420033.