Margaret Roth 1 2
- Born: 1780-1790
- Marriage (1): Christian Booher about 1797
- Died: 1848, , Sullivan, TN at age 68
- Buried: Blountville: Gunnings Cemetery, Sullivan, TN
Another name for Margaret was Margreta Roth.2
Her brother is probably the John Roth who appears in the baptism records of Zion Lutheran Church in Manheim in 1812. Needs more research.
1. 1840 census Sullivan Co. TN [see spouse]
2. 1850 census Sullivan Co. TN [does not appear]
3. Booher, Winfield Scott. BOOHER FAMILY HISTORY HORIZONS, (1976)
4. Booher, Allen G. sr. MY OFTEN MISSPELLED NAME IS BOOHER
5. Booker, Roy. Email 19 Aug. 1997
6. Christian Booher will, signed 6 Jan 1844, proved ?????
7. TNGenweb - Sullivan Co. Cemeteries
!BIRTH: Source-1 age 50-60
!MARRIAGE: Source-4 p. 20 J. E. Booher said that Christopher [sic] Booher married a Wood, dau. of Thomas Wood. Since her given name was Margaret from another source, I am assuming that she was Margaret Wood. Source-4 p. 123 This source has Christian's wives as 1. Margaret Roth and 2. Anna Catarina ? Source-5 Roy Booker says Christian's wife was Margaret Roth.
!DEATH: Margaret does not appear in the 1850 census of Sullivan Co. so I presume she had died.
!BURIAL: Source-7 In the Gunnings Cemetery there is a stone with an unreadable name other that "Mar". I am presuming this is Margaret Roth since the dates fit and her husband is buried in this cemetery
!ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Source-6 named as wife
Margaret married Christian Booher, son of Martin Booher and Catharine Hartmann, about 1797. (Christian Booher was born on 14 Oct 1774 in , Lancaster, PA 3 4, christened on 27 Nov 1774 in Lancaster: Trinity Lutheran Church, Lancaster, PA 3 4 and died on 8 May 1874 in , Sullivan, TN.)
Grider, Barbara M, <i>Barbara Grider Booher Database</i> (Louisville, Kentucky. 2008.).
<i>Zion Lutheran Church, Manheim, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania</i>.
<i>Trinity Lutheran Church, Lancaster, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania</i>.
Edited by Don Yoder, <i>Pennsylvania German Church Records</i> (Baltimore, MD, Genealogical Publishing Company, 1983. 3 Vols.
Excerpted from the Pennsylvania German Society Proceedings and Addresses), Vol 1, page 103.