JohannesáSimon Georg 1 2
- Born: 11 Dec 1745, , , , DEU
- Marriage (1): EvaáMargaretha Holtz
- Died: 21 Jun 1809, Weisenberg Twp., Lehigh, PA at age 63
Other names for JohannesáSimon were Simon Georg 2 and Johan Simon George.3
Noted events in his life were:
1. Religion: in Lowhill Twp.: Lowhill Reformed Church, Lehigh, PA
2. Military in Lowhill Twp., Lehigh, PA: in the revolutionary War in the Pennsylvania Militia, 6th Class, 4th Company, 3rd Battalion (later 6th). 3
3. Book: Anniversary History of Lehigh County, Vol. II, 1914. 4
Simon George and his wife, Margaret, were members of the Reformed congregation of the Lowhill church where they had these children baptized who were born as follows: Elizabeth, born Sept. 28, 1772, and Peter, born Feb. 12, 1775. Among their other children was a son, Daniel, born May 2, 1800. He was a farmer; member of the Evangelical Church; and died October 27, 1882. He was married to Elizabeth Beidler, born in 1801 and died in 1882. They are buried on the well-kept Evangelical Church cemetery at Cetronia. Issue; Edward; Daniel; Sabina, married Manasses Guth; Isaac; Eliza, married E. H. Blank; Tilghman; Nathan; and Elias George. Daniel, Tilghman, Nathan and Isaac Served in the Civil War. Nathan was killed in the battle at Hilton Head, Va.
JohannesáSimon married EvaáMargaretha Holtz.
Lowhill Reformed Congregation, Northampton County, Pennsylvania, 1769-1881 (http://www.ancestry.com).
Margaret Hewitt George & Wilmer Krause Yerk, A George / Yerk Genealogy (Memorial Library, Lehigh County Historical Society, Allentown, Pa.).
Roberts, Charles Rhodes, History Of Lehigh County, Pennsylvania, Volume II (Allentown, Pa., Lehigh Valley Pub. Co., 1914. 3 volumes, illustrated, maps. Prepared by a committee appointed by the Lehigh County Historical Society; chapters contributed by various writers.).