William Trostle 1
- Born: 20 Nov 1783, , Berks, PA
- Marriage (1): Catharine Laucks on 7 Apr 1808 in York: First Moravian Church, York, PA
- Died: 11 Dec 1851, , Blackford, IN at age 68
Noted events in his life were:
1. Census in 1840 in Franklin Twp., Adams, PA. 2 Name: William Trostle]
Home in 1840: Franklin, Adams, Pennsylvania
Free White Persons - Males - Under 5: 1
Free White Persons - Males - 10 thru 14: 1
Free White Persons - Males - 20 thru 29: 1
Free White Persons - Males - 50 thru 59: 1
Free White Persons - Females - Under 5: 3
Free White Persons - Females - 5 thru 9: 3
Free White Persons - Females - 10 thru 14: 2
Free White Persons - Females - 20 thru 29: 1
Free White Persons - Females - 30 thru 39: 1
Free White Persons - Females - 60 thru 69: 1
2. Residence: in 1848 in Menallen Twp., Adams, PA. 1
3. Newspaper: Married: On the 9th. By the same [Rev. B. Keller], Mr. Josiah Beecher of Juniata County, to Miss Elizabeth, daughter of William Trostle, of Menallen tp., 13 Mar 1848, Gettysburg, Adams, PA. 1
4. Newspaper: 27 Aug 1849, Gettysburg, Adams, PA. 3 ASSIGNEES' SALE
The Subscriber, Assignee of WILLIAM TROSTLE, will expose to Public Sale at the residence of said Trostle, in Menallen township,
On Saturday the 22nd of September next,
at one o'clock P. M., the following Personal Property, to wit:
HAY BY THE TON,
Corn & Oats by the bushel.
ALSO - At the same time and place,
on which he resides situate in Menallen township, Adams county, adjoining lands of David Beecher, D. Gitt, and Abraham Fisher, containing about
90 Acres, more or less.
The improvements are a Two-story
Log Dwelling House,
a log barn, well shedd around; Wagon-shed and Corn-crib; a good spring of never-failing water; a good thriving Orchard of Apple, Peach and Cherry.
A LOT OF MOUNTAIN LAND,
situate in said township, adjoining lot of David Beecher, &c, containing 14 ACRES.
The above property will be sold separate or together, to suit purchasers.
The terms will be made known on the day of sale.
JOHN HOOVER, Assignee
[Note: Trostle is the father-in-law of Jesse Beecher, son of Peter Beecher, a relative of the David Beecher mentioned in the ad. David Beecher's son-in-law is John Hoover, the Assignee.]
William married Catharine Laucks on 7 Apr 1808 in York: First Moravian Church, York, PA.