Noted events in her life were:
1. She appeared on the census in 1880 in Frankford Twp., Cumberland, PA. 3 The 1880 census recorded Daniel W. Green, farmer, 25, living with wife Mattie, 24; son Hays, 3; and daughter Nora, 1. Also in their home is John M. Buffington, 18; and Lizzie J. Goodyear, 17. Everyone and their parents were born in Pennsylvania.
2. Newspaper: Carlisle Evening Herald: Married in Carlisle, 18 Nov 1910, Carlisle, Cumberland, PA. 7 Charles E. Beecher, of Frankford township, and Miss Nora Green, of West Pennsboro township, were united in marriage at Carlisle on Thurdsay, November 17. The ceremony was performed by Rev. C. L. Sones, pastor of the Evangelical church, at the parsonage on North Hanover street.
3. She appeared on the census in 1920 in West Pennsboro Twp., Cumberland, PA. 8 The 1920 census recorded Nora Beecher, widowed, 39, as sister-in-law living in the household of George Heikes, 39, and his wife Bertha M., 35 and their children: George R., 2; and Jessie Leah A., 9. Everyone was born in Pennsylvania.
4. Newspaper: Pittsburgh Press: Ad featuring Nora Green's testimonial, 2 Nov 1921, Pittsburgh, Allegheny, PA. 9 GOITRE RELIEVED
5. Newspaper: Harrisburg Telegraph: Dohner Families Will Hold Reunion, 26 Jul 1938, Harrisburg, Dauphin, PA. 10 Teh nineteenth annual reunion of the Doner-Dohner-Downer-Donners families will be held Saturday, July 30, at Willow Mill Park. A business meeting will take place at 3 p.m. at which president E. L. Doner, Carlisle, will preside. Other officers of the family are: First vice president, Clarence Doner, Newport; second vice-president, Charles Brymesser, Carlisle; third vice-president, J. Wesley Heikes, Carlisle; secreatary, Mrs. Marvin Kell, Plainfield; corresponding secretary, Mrs. Harry Brown, Carlisle; necrologists, Mrs. Florence Miller, Newville, and Mrs. Nora Beecher, Carlisle; treasurer, John P. Heikes, Carlisle; historian, Hayes Green, Harrisburg; assistant historians, Carl Doner, Harrisburg, and Mrs. John Doner Evans, Agar, S. D.; refreshments, Mr. and Mrs. Floyd Schultz, Mechanicsburg; and nonimation of officers, Frank Doner, Mechanicsburg.
6. Cause of Death: Nora died at Carlisle Hospital from peritonitis, carcinoma rectosigmoid colon, 25 Aug 1962, Carlisle, Cumberland, PA. 4
7. Obituary: The Sentinel: obituary of Nora Beecher on 25 Aug 1962 in Carlisle, Cumberland, PA. 5 Mrs. Nora Beecher, 79 East Main Street, Newville, widow of Charles E. Beecher, died this morning in the Carlisle Hospital. She was 83 years old. Mrs. Beecher was born on Mar. 12, 1879, a daughter of the late Daniel W. and Martha Doner Green. She lived at West Hill with the late Mr. and Mrs. George E. Heikes and at the time of her death she was living with her sister. Mrs. George A. Plough, Newville. She was a member of the West Hill Evangelical United Brethren Church. In addition to Mrs. Plough, she is survived by four other sisters, Mrs. Laura Heikes and Mrs. Elsie Burkholder, both of Mechanicsburg; Mrs. Floyd Shultz, Lutz, Fla., and Mrs. Edna M. Stanley, Front Royal, Va., and a brother, Benjamin F. Green, RD2. The funeral service will be held on Monday at 2 p.m. in the Hoffman Funeral Home, 219 North Hanover Street. The Rev. Eugene P. Deitz and the Rev. Leon A. McCleary will officiate. Burial will be in the Plainfield Church of God Cemetery. Friends may call on Monday from 1 to 2 p.m. at the funeral home.
Nora married Charles Elmer Beecher, son of David Absalom Beecher and Anna M. Orris, on 17 Nov 1910 in Carlisle, Cumberland, PA.1 (Charles Elmer Beecher was born on 1 Jul 1876 in , Cumberland, PA,11 12 13 died on 8 Nov 1913 in Frankford Twp., Cumberland, PA 12 13 14 15 and was buried on 11 Nov 1913 in Carlisle: Salem Stone Church Cemetery, Cumberland, PA 12 13.)
1 FamilySearch.org, Pennsylvania, County Marriages, 1885 - 1950, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/VFWX-JF9 Charles E Beecher and Nora Green, 1910.
2 Records of Sharon Swope (http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db=nickol).
3 1880 United States Census, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/MWFM-WPH Daniel W. Green, 1880.
4 Ancestry.com, Pennsylvania, Death Certificates, 1906-1966 (Original data: Pennsylvania (State). Death certificates, 1906–1966. Series 11.90 (1,905 cartons). Records of the Pennsylvania Department of Health, Record Group 11. Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.), Death Certificate 075140-62. Nora Beecher. Father Daniel W. Green. Mother Martha Doner. Spouse Charles E. Beecher.
5 The Sentinel (Carlisle, PA) (www.cumberlink.com), 25 Aug 1962, page 2. Obituary of Nora Beecher.
6 Pennsylvania Department of Health, Pennsylvania, Death Indices (Pennsylvania Division of Vital Records, New Castle, PA, 16103. Online at http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt/community/public_records/20686 .), Death Certificate 075140. Nora Beecher, age 83.
7 The Carlisle Herald, Carlisle, Cumberland County, Pennsylvania, 18 Nov 1910, page 7. Marriage of Charles E. Beecher and Nora Green.
8 1920 United States Census, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/MFY3-QXR Nora Beecher in household of George Heikes, West Pennsboro, Cumberland, Pennsylvania, United States; citing sheet , family 55, NARA microfilm publication T625, FHL microfilm 1821557.
9 Pittsburgh Press (Pittsburgh, Allegheny, Pennsylvania.), 2 Nov 1921, page 9.
10 (Harrisburg Telegraph, Harrisburg, Dauphin, Pennsylvania.), 26 Jul 1938, page 10. Dohner Families Will Hold Reunion.
11 1880 United States Census, FHL Film 1255122; National Archives Film T9-1122; Page 307D.
12 Find A Grave, http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=51000301.
13 Ancestry.com, Pennsylvania, Death Certificates, 1906-1966 (Original data: Pennsylvania (State). Death certificates, 1906–1966. Series 11.90 (1,905 cartons). Records of the Pennsylvania Department of Health, Record Group 11. Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.), Certificate 111086. Charles Elmer Beecher. Father David A. Beecher, mother Anna W. Orris.
14 Carlisle Daily Sentinel (Carlisle, Cumberland County, Pennsylvania), Nov 10, 1913.
15 Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Dept. of Health, Pennsylvania Death Certificate (Pennsylvania Division of Vital Records, New Castle, PA 16101 (724) 656-3100 http://www.dsf.health.state.pa.us/health/cwp/view.asp?a=168&Q=229939), Death certificate 11108 for Beecher, Charles E, died 8 Nov 1913 in Cumberland Co.