|William Frederick Weihmiller
FamilySearch ID: 9H9D-FLZ.
Noted events in his life were:
1. He emigrated in 1869 from , , , DEU. 5
2. Census in 1870 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA. 10 The 1870 census at 430 Fifth St. West in Philadelphia recorded Wm. Whilemiller [sic], 23, living with wife Roseanna, 21; and daughter Anne, 2. The census taker failed to record birth places for everyone on this census page.
3. Census in 1880 in Springfield Twp., York, PA. 9 The 1880 census recorded William Weihmüller, cigar marker, 32, living with wife Anne E., 26; daughter Anna C., 11; Herman, 9; and Louisa H., 3. William and his parents were born in Württemberg. Anne E. and her parents and her children were born in Pennsylvania.
4. Newspaper: The York Daily: Ad: Wanted - Five or ten good cigar makers. Apply to: W. H. Weihmiller, Seven Valley, York Co., Pa., 25 Dec 1882, York, York, PA. 11
5. He owned land on 2 Nov 1883 in Seven Valleys, York, PA. William F. Weihmiller purchased the following properties found in the deed index in York County...
6. Occupation: York County Directory: Beacher, John, cigarmaker, Seven Valley; Beacher, Paris, laborer, Seven Valley; Weihmiller, August, cigarmaker, Shrewsbury; Weihmiller, William F., cigar manufacturer, Seven Valley in 1886 in Shrewsbury Township, York, Pennsylvania, United States. 12
7. Newspaper: York Daily: The following assignee accounts will be presented to court by Prothonotary Hoff on Monday, March 21st: Account of Nathan Glatfelter, assignee of W. F. Weihmiller and wife, of Springfield township., 25 Feb 1887, York, York, PA. 13
8. Emmanuel United Methodist Church: Seven Valley Class members include W. F. Weihmiller and Annie E. Weihmiller in Feb 1889 in Glen Rock, York, PA. 14
9. On 4 Apr 1894 Herman Weihmiller purchased real estate in Seven Valleys from his mother Anna E. Weihmiller and on the same day sold it to his father William, Deed Book 9 W page 691 and Book 9 X page 662 on 4 Apr 1894 in Seven Valleys, York, PA.
10. Newspaper: The York Daily: The cigar company of West Manchester are doing a large business. W. H. Weihmiller, formerly engaged in the cigar business at Seven Valley, but at present connected with the above firm appears to be the right man at the right place., 26 Mar 1896, York, York, PA. 15
11. Newspaper: Semi-Weekly Gazette: W. F. Weihmiller & Company opened a cigar and tobacco broker's office yesterday at 112 North George street., 16 Sep 1896, York, York, PA. 16
12. Newspaper: The Gazette: Seven Valley News: The cigarmakers of W. F. Weihmiller's factory are kept very busy at present. Twenty five hands are employed on full time., 26 Oct 1897, York, York, PA. 17
13. On 30 Jul 1898 Charles August Weihmiller purchased land in Seven Valleys from William F. Weihmiller and on the same day sold it to Anna E. Weihmiller, Deed Book 11 L pages 645 and 648. on 30 Jul 1898 in Seven Valleys, York, PA.
14. Newspaper: York Daily: Sheriff Brodbeck levied on the personal property of W. F. Weihmiller, cigar manufacturer, at Seven Valley. The seizure was made on an execution of $1,300, issued by Jacob Diehl, of the same place., 3 Oct 1898, York, York, PA. 18
15. Census in 1900 in Springfield Twp., York, PA. 5 The 1900 census recorded William Winemiller, widowed, cigar manufacturer, 53, born Sep 1847 in Germany, living with others born in Pennsylvania: daughters Louise H., 24, Nov 1876; and Rebecca A., 16, Feb 1884; and father-in-law Paris Beecher, tailor, 77, Dec 1823. William immigrated in 1869 and had become a U.S. citizen.
16. On 10 Oct 1900 William Weihmiller filed with the Register of Wills a renunciation to be the administrator of wife Anna E. Weihmiller's estate and requested that Jacob Diehl be given the letters of administration. on 10 Oct 1900 in York, York, PA.
17. Census in 1930 in Wilmington, New Castle, DE. 19 The 1930 census recorded owning a $3000 home at 1111 North Second St: Horace E. Burns, guard at water department, 60, living with wife Annie C. Burns, 60; daughter Eloise M. Burns, stenographer at board of assessments, single, 26; and Annie's brother, Herman Weihmiller, packer in cigar factory, 58. Everyone and their parents were born in Pennsylvania except Eloise was born in Delaware. Horace and Annie were married 23 years ago.
18. Census in 1930 in Wilmington, New Castle, DE. 20 The 1930 census recorded renting a home at 630 North Grant Avenue: Isaac T. McClure, city treasurer, 53, living with wife Louise H., 53, and her father, William F. Weihmiller, 82. Isaac was born in Delaware, his father in Pennsylvania and mother in Northern Ireland. Louise was born in Pennsylvania, her father in Germany and mother in Pennsylvania. William and his parents were born in Germany and he immigrated in 1861.
19. Obituary: The Gazette and Daily: obituary of William Winemiller on 27 Nov 1934 in York, York, PA. 8 -----
20. Obituary: The Gazette and Daily: Funeral of William Weihmiller on 29 Nov 1934 in York, York, PA. 2 WEIHMILLER FUNERAL AT SEVEN VALLEYS
William married Rosalie C. Wirth. (Rosalie C. Wirth was born about 1849 10.)
William next married Anna Elizabeth Beecher, daughter of Paris Epler Beecher and Rebecca Guth. (Anna Elizabeth Beecher was born on 6 Oct 1853 in Lower Windsor Twp., York, PA,21 died on 15 Apr 1900 in Seven Valleys, York, PA 22 and was buried on 18 Apr 1900 in Seven Valleys: Mount Prospect Cemetery, York, PA 22.)
William next married Emma Kate Glatfelter on 6 Oct 1910 in Clayton, St. Louis, MO, USA.1 (Emma Kate Glatfelter was born on 16 Mar 1872 in , York, PA,23 died on 8 Jun 1951 in , , OH 23 and was buried in Stoverstown: Saint Paul Union Cemetery, York, Pennsylvania, United States 23.)
1 Ancestry.com, Missouri, U.S., Marriage Records, 1805-2002 (Missouri Marriage Records. Jefferson City, MO, USA: Missouri State Archives. Microfilm.), Emma K. Glatfelter and Wm. F. Weihmiller, 6 Oct 1910, Clayton, MO.
2 (York, York, Pennsylvania.), 29 Nov 1934, page 8. Funeral of William Weihmiller.
3 FamilySearch.org, Delaware Vital Records, 1650-1974, https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QGNR-PF4P Louise Helen McClure, 09 Jul 1965; citing Death, New Castle, New Castle, Delaware father William F. Weihmiller mother Mary Elizabeth Beecher spouse Isaac T. McClure.
4 FamilySearch.org, Delaware Vital Records, 1650-1974, https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QGNT-7V5F Annie C Burns, 10 Dec 1964; citing Death, Carrcroft, New Castle, Delaware.
5 , https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/M3HW-7F1 William Winemiller, 1900.
6 FamilySearch.org, Deutschland Geburten und Taufen 1558-1898, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/NCSG-3MT Wilhelm Friederich Weyhmueller, 19 Sep 1847; citing ; FHL microfilm 1056882.
7 FamilySearch.org, Deutschland Geburten und Taufen 1558-1898, https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:NCSG-3MT Wilhelm Friederich Weyhmueller, 19 Sep 1847; citing ; FHL microfilm 1,056,882.
8 (York, York, Pennsylvania.), 27 Nov 1934, page 8. Obituary of William Winemiller.
9 1880 United States Census, Year: 1880; Census Place: Springfield, York, Pennsylvania.
10 , https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:MZRX-491 Wm Whilemiller, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States; citing p. 31.
11 , 25 Dec 1882, page 4.
12 Ancestry.com, U.S., City Directories, 1822-1995, 1886 York County Directoy, page 340, Beacher; page 515, Weihmiller.
13 , 25 Feb 1887, page 1.
14 (Ancestry.com. Original data: Historic Pennsylvania Church and Town Records. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: Historical Society of Pennsylvania.), Historical Society of Pennsylvania; Historic Pennsylvania Church and Town Records; Reel: 301. Emmanuel United Methodist Church, Glen Rock, PA.
15 , 26 Mar 1896, page 1.
16 (York, York, Pennsylvania), 16 Sep 1896, page 1.
17 (York, York, Pennsylvania.), 26 Oct 1897, page 2.
18 , 3 Oct 1898, page 3.
19 , https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:C4BW-L6Z Horace E Burns, Wilmington, New Castle, Delaware, United States; citing enumeration district (ED) ED 62, sheet 17A, line 34, family 279.
20 , https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:C4BV-3T2 Isaac T Mcclure, Wilmington, New Castle, Delaware, United States; citing enumeration district (ED) ED 21, sheet 10A, line 50, family 179.
21 , Pennsylvania, York County, Lower Windsor Township, Series: M653 Roll: 1201 Page: 502.
22 , 17 Apr 1900, page 1. Obituary of Mrs. Annie Weihmiller.
23 , https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/105783676.