Martin Stupp 2
Another name for Martin was Martin Stuep.1
He is likely related to Adam Stupp who appears as Adam Stump is the list of founders at Christ Lutheran Church. Adam Stupp was a landowner near Martin in Berks County.
Noted events in his life were:
1. Issue: Genealogist Henry Z. Jones in his book, 'Palatine Families of New York, 1710, reports Stupp had 10 children with Anna Catharine Schultz. 4
2. He immigrated on 14 Jun 1710 to Schoharie Valley, NY. 5
3. Moved: After 1725, Tulpehocken Twp., Berks, PA.
4. On 12 May 1743 in Stouchsburg: Christ Lutheran Church, Berks, PA. 6 Martin Stupp is listed as one of the founders of the Christ Lutheran Church. Also on the list are others whose families intermarry with Stupp descendants: Christian Walborn, Daniel Schneider, Heinrich Gruber, Johannes and Jacob Zerb.
5. He signed a will in 1753. 3 An abstract of the will on file at the Berks County court house reads:
Martin married Anna Susanna Walborn, daughter of Johann Adam Walborn and Unknown, in 1715 in Schoharie Valley, NY. (Anna Susanna Walborn was born in 1687.)
Martin next married Anna Catherine Schultheis, daughter of Johann Georg Schultheis and Anna Kunigunda Weidman, on 28 Dec 1741 in Stouchsburg: Christ Lutheran Church, Berks, PA.1 (Anna Catherine Schultheis was born in 1687 in Weilburg, , Hessen, DEU.)
He was probably married twice. His second marriage was to Anna Susanna
Reverend John Casper Stoever, Early Lutheran Baptisms and Marriages in Southeastern Pennsylvania (Philadelphia: n.p., 1896.
http://www.ancestry.com and also at http://www.chm.davidson.edu/pagenweb/records/stoevermarriages.txt).
Hostetter, Richard, Fidler Family Tree, Gedcom 570555 (http://www.ancestry.com
Updated: Sun Aug 26 01:03:00 2001
3 Berks County Courthouse, Will of Martin Stupp. http://www.rootsweb.com/~paberks/.
4 Jones, Henry Z., Jr, The Palatine Families Of New York - 1710 (Picton Press; January 1, 2001), Vol. 2, pp. 1023-24.
5 Walter Allen Knittle, Ph.D, Early Eighteenth Century Palatine Emigration (1937, Dorrance & Company, Inc.), Appendix E, F.
Weiser, Frederick S. (translated and edited by), Records of Pastoral Acts at Christ Lutheran Church, Stouchsburg, Berks County, Pennsylvania. Part II (Birdsboro, PA: The Pennsylvania German Society, 1990
Note: Part II: Baptisms 1820-1835; Marriages 1744-45, 1748-52, 1771-1851; Burials 1748-54, 1771-73, 1811-1851; Confirmations and Communicants, 1743-1789, Other records, 1743-1758), Page 3.