|Etta Pearl Voorhees
Etta Pearl Voorhees 3
Another name for Etta was Etta Pearl Snedeker.2
Noted events in her life were:
1. Census in 1880 in Jerseyville, Jersey, IL. 4 The 1880 census recorded Charles Voorhees, farmer, 42, living with wife Ella, 32; Stella, 11; Gracie, 6; and Pearl, 4. Also in the home is servant Butler Bridget, 17. The parents and their parents were born in New Jersey. The children were born in Illinois.
2. She has conflicting birth information of Oct 1888 and , , IL. 1
3. Residence: 3125 Maury Ave., St. Louis, MO on 12 Sep 1918 in Saint Louis, St. Louis, MO. 5
4. Census in 1920 in Saint Louis, St. Louis, MO. 6 The 1920 census recorded renting a home at 3125 Maury Avenue: Samuel Beecher, restaurant manager, 35,living with wife Pearl, 35; and Ben Snedeker, 16. Sam and his father were born in Missouri, and his mother in Michigan. Pearl, her mother, Ben, and Ben's father were born in Illinois. Pearl's father was born in New York.
5. Census in 1930 in Saint Louis, St. Louis, MO. 1 Owning the home at 4929 Reber Place was Jno L. Beecher, 76, married to wife Mary, 70. At their time of marriage he was 39, she was 25 [26?]. He was born in Missouri, his father in Maryland, and mother in Kentucky. She was born in Michigan of Irish parents. With them was son Samuel, 43, married at age 31 to his wife Pearl, 47, who was 35 at time of marriage. Samuel was born in Missouri; Pearl and her parents in Illinois. John had no occupation; Samuel serviced refrigerators.
6. Cause of Death: coronary sclerosis, 14 Mar 1938, Saint Louis, St. Louis, MO. 3
7. Residence: 4935 Reber Place, St. Louis, MO on 14 Mar 1938 in Saint Louis, St. Louis, MO. 3
Etta married David Dalzell Snedeker. (David Dalzell Snedeker was born on 12 Nov 1877 in Jerseyville, Jersey, IL,7 8 died in 1956 7 and was buried in Sullivan: Greenhill Cemetery, Moultrie, IL, USA 7.)
Etta next married Samuel Lyman Beecher, son of John Lyman Beecher and Mary Elizabeth O'Reilly, on 12 Jun 1916 in Chicago, Cook, IL.1 2 (Samuel Lyman Beecher was born on 2 May 1886 in Saint Louis, St. Louis, MO,5 9 10 died on 20 Feb 1949 in Saint Louis, St. Louis, MO 10 and was buried on 23 Feb 1949 in Saint Louis: Valhalla Cemetery, St. Louis (City), MO 10.)
1 <i>1930 United States Census</i>, Missouri, Saint Louis (City), Saint Louis District 165, Roll 1241 Page 12A.
2 <i>Illinois, Cook County Marriages, 1871-1920</i> (www.FamilySearch.org), https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/N7ZJ-BP2 Samuel L. Beecher and Pearl Snedeker, 12 Jun 1916.
3 <i>Missouri Death Cerfiticate</i> (http://www.sos.mo.gov/archives/resources/deathcertificates/), Certificate 8932. Etta Pearl Beecher. Parents not known. Spouse/informant Samuel L. Beecher. http://www.sos.mo.gov/images/archives/deathcerts/1938/1938_00008931.PDF.
4 1880 United States Census, https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:MXJB-RNB Charles Voorhees, Jersey, Jersey, Illinois, United States; citing enumeration district 96, sheet 55A.
5 <i>United States World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918</i>, https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:K3TM-841 Samuel Lyman Beecher, 1917-1918; citing St. Louis City no 24, Missouri, United States, NARA microfilm publication M1509.
6 <i>1920 United States Census</i>, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/M88W-6X3 Samuel Beecher, , , Missouri; citing enumeration district (ED) , sheet 1A, family 8, NARA microfilm publication T625, FHL microfilm 1820960.
7 <i>Find A Grave</i>, http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=115884598.
8 Ancestry.com, <i>U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007</i> (Original data: Social Security Applications and Claims, 1936-2007.), David Dalzell Snedeker, SSN 344264340.
9 <i>1900 United States Census</i>, Missouri, Saint Louis (City), Saint Louis Ward24, Roll T623-899, Page 11B.
10 <i>Missouri Death Cerfiticate</i> (http://www.sos.mo.gov/archives/resources/deathcertificates/), Death certificate 5949, Samuel L. Beecher.