|Mildred Anna Cohick
Noted events in her life were:
1. Census in 1930 in Carlisle, Cumberland, PA. 4 The 1930 census recorded renting at 9 South Street: Henry W. Beecher, teacher high school, 31, living with wife Mildred, clerk dry goods, 20. They and their parents were born in Pennsylvania.
2. Newspaper: News-Chronicle: Dinner guests at the George Cohick home Sunday were Mr. And Mrs. Beecher, Nutley, New Jersey, Mr. And Mrs. Cloyd Cochik, Harrisburg; Mr. And Mrs. Christ Cohick, Carlisle, Mr. And Mrs. Willis Cohick, Huntsdale, Elmer Cohick, Plainfield.i, 26 Aug 1938, Shippensburg, Cumberland, PA. 5
3. Census in 1940 in Nutley, Essex, NJ. 6 The 1940 census recorded Henry W. Beecher, teacher, 41, living with wife Mildred, 31. Everyone and their parents were born in Pennsylvania.
4. Newspaper: Valley Times-Star: Mrs. Mildred Beecher of Sacramento, Calif., is spending the month of April with her parents, Mr. And Mrs. C. S. Cohick, and family, North Pitt st., 16 Apr 1958, Newville, Cumberland, PA. 7
5. Newspaper: The Sentinel: Newville, 24 Apr 1961, Carlisle, Cumberland, PA. 8 Mr. and Mrs. Francis Hurley, North High Street, visited on Sunday, with Rev. and Mrs. Paul F. Crufman, at McCalistersville, Pa. In the evening, they visited Mr. and Mrs. Christ Cohick, in Carlisle, and with their daughter, Mrs. Mildred Beecher of Sacramento, Calif., who is visiting her parents this month.
6. Obituary: The Sentinel on 2 Nov 1998 in Carlisle, Cumberland, PA. 2 Services for Mildred Cohick Beecher, 90, of 426 La Purissima Way, Sacramento, Calif., will be at 11 a.m. Friday in Ewing Brothers Funeral Home, 630 S. Hanover St., Carlisle.
Mildred married Henry Ward Beecher, son of Jesse Franklin Beecher and Flora Walker, on 8 May 1927 in , Cumberland, PA.1 (Henry Ward Beecher was born on 6 Mar 1899 in Frankford Twp., Cumberland, PA,9 10 11 died on 30 Oct 1945 in Nutley, Essex, NJ 2 10 and was buried in Carlisle: Westminster Memorial Gardens, Cumberland, PA 10.)
1 FamilySearch.org, <i>Pennsylvania, County Marriages, 1885 - 1950</i>, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/KMZK-2TG Henry Ward Beecher and A Mildred Cohick, 08 May 1927; citing Cumberland, Pennsylvania, United States, ; FHL microfilm 21019.
2 <i>Carlisle Daily Sentinel</i> (Carlisle, Cumberland County, Pennsylvania), 2 Nov 1998, Obituary of Mildred Cohick Beecher.
3 <i>Find A Grave</i>, http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=90939556.
4 <i>1930 United States Census</i>, Year: 1930; Census Place: Carlisle, Cumberland, Pennsylvania; Roll: 2024; Page: 7B; Enumeration District: 0006; Image: 701.0; FHL microfilm: 2341758.
5 <i>Shippensburg News-Chronicle</i> (Shippensburg, Cumberland, Pennsylvania.), 26 Aug 1938, page 12.
6 <i>1940 United States Census</i>, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/K4R3-NBW Mildred Beecher in household of Henry W Beecher, Ward 2, Nutley, Nutley Town, Essex, New Jersey, United States; citing enumeration district (ED) 7-292, sheet 9A, family 187.
7 <i>The Valley Times-Star (Newville, PA)</i>, 16 Apr 1958, page 5.
8 <i>The Sentinel (Carlisle, PA)</i> (www.cumberlink.com), 24 Apr 1961, page 3.
9 <i>1900 United States Census</i>, Pennsylvania, Cumberland County, Frankford Township, Series: T623 Roll: 1400 Page: 177.
10 <i>Find A Grave</i>, http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=90939544.
11 <i>United States World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918</i>, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/K6VH-2MM Henry Ward Beecher, 1917-1918; citing Cumberland County no 2, Pennsylvania, United States, NARA microfilm publication M1509.