|Johann Ulrich Bucher
Johann Ulrich Bucher 2
FamilySearch ID: L414-L1Q.
This ancestor is included in our Genealogy Y-DNA Research which reveals the others he is related to.
Ulrich Bucher died between May and November 1750.
Noted events in his life were:
1. Book: The Bucher/Booker Family 1686-1990.
2. He immigrated on the ship Pink Plaisance on 21 Sep 1732 to Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA. 2 3 Ulrich is listed as age 45,; his second wife, Barbara, age 35. One daughter, Margaret (no age given) is listed, but no sons. Eldest son, John Michael Bucher, born in 1715 from his father's first marriage, would arrive in 1742. John Phillip Bucher, eldest son from Ulrich's second marriage, was born in 1728, and at age four surely arrived with his parents in Philadelphia in 1732. It was not unusual for the youngest children to be omitted from the passenger lists.
3. He was naturalized on 5 Nov 1746 in , Frederick, VA. 5 [Rev.] Klug labored on both east and west sides of the Massanutten and went beyond Strasburg into the Opequon - Cedar Creek Settlement. When on November 5, 1746, John Snapp, John Snapp, Sr., Lawrence Snapp and John Ulrich Bucher, were naturalized by the Frederick County Court, they all testified that they had received the Lord's Supper from Pastor Klug and produced certificates with his signature thereon. The next spring at a May 5th court, John George Dellinger, Phillip Glass (Kleez), Jacob Peck, Augustine Windle [married Ulrich Bucher's daughter, Anna Margaretha], Christopher Windle, Peter Mauk [and others]...Phillip Boucher [sic] and Michael Boucher [sic] all presented similar testimony in order to obtain naturalization. All these had been in the Opequon settlement seven years or more, the children of many of them having been baptized by J. C. Stoever, Jr.
4. He was naturalized on 5 Nov 1746 in , Frederick, VA. 6 John Ulrick Bucher a German Protestant after having made it Appear to the Court that he has been a liver in this Colony above Seven years & that he had complied with the Act of Parliament in that...also produced a Certificate under the hand of the Rev. Geo Samuel Klug Minister for the Germans in Orange County that he had received the Sacrament of the Lord's Supper in Order to obtain Naturalization took the oaths prescribed by Acts of Parliament to be taken in Stead of the oath of Allegiance & Supremacy & Abjuration & then having Subscribed the Text the name was Admitted to Record.
5. He signed a will on 1 Jul 1747 in , Frederick, MD. 7 Will of John Woolrich Poker.
Johann married Anna Maria Schellenberger on 7 Mar 1713 in Kleingartach, Neckarkreis, Wuerttemberg, DEU.1 (Anna Maria Schellenberger was born in 1680 in Klien Gertach, , Wurtemberg, DEU and died about 1724.)
Johann next married Anna Barbara Schellinger on 17 Apr 1725 in Kleingartach: Lutheran Church, , Baden-Württemberg, DEU.2 (Anna Barbara Schellinger was born on 12 Sep 1680.)
1 FamilySearch.org, Deutschland, Heiraten 1558-1929, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/VCY3-VJV Hanss Ulrich Bucher and Anna Maria Schellinger, 07 Mar 1713.
3 Hammond, Gene Paige, Shenandoah Valley Pioneer Settlers (1988.).
4 Schantz, F. G. F, Records of Rev. John Casper Stoever, Baptismal and Marriage 1730-1779 (1896.).
5 Eisenberg, William Edward, The Lutheran Church in Virginia 1717-1962 (1967.), Page 25.
6 , Page 195.
7 , Page 436-437. Will of John Woolrich Poker [Bucher].