Sponsors were Maria Louisa Emory and Richard Hall, preist was George King, S.J.
Noted events in his life were:
2. Census in 1850 in 5th Election District, Queen Anne's, MD. 2 Jame Beacher, sailor, 41, was living with wife Sarah, 38; William, 14; James, 12; Joseph Collier, 12. Everyone and their parents were born in Maryland.
3. Census in 1860 in Queenstown, Queen Anne's, MD. 3 James Bucher [indexed in census as Bucher but handwriting is clearly Beecher], sailor, 55, was married to Sarah, 46. Living with them: William, sailor, 24; James, 22. James was born in England, the others in Maryland. His real estate was worth $1,000 and personal estate $600.
4. Census in 1870 in Queenstown, Queen Anne's, MD. 4 William Beecher, oysterman, 35, was living with wife Mary E., 35; James B., 9; Mary L., 4; and Sarah A., 5 months when the census was recorded in October, 1870. Everyone was born in Maryland.
5. Property on 2 Dec 1873 in Chester, Queen Anne's, MD. 5 John C. Earle and his wife Harriet sold 2 acres plus and a house to William Beecher. Location was Piney Creek off Winchester Creek.
6. Property on 5 Dec 1874 in Chester, Queen Anne's, MD. 6 Robert Wood sold 2 acre tract known as "Fair Dealing" to William Beecher.
7. Census in 1900 in Queenstown, Queen Anne's, MD. 1 Jas. B. Bucher [index in census as Bucher but handwriting is Beecher; the two e's look like a u], farmer, 39, born Mary 1861, was married for 18 years to wife Henriet M., 36, born Jan 1864. She had birthed 8 children, all alive in 1900: William, oyster culler, 14, Aug 1885; Eva, 17, Aug 1887; Opal, 11, Jan 1889; Maurice, 8, Jun 1891; Amy, 5, Dec 1894; Hampton, 4, May 1896; Hilda, 5 months, Dec 1899. Also with them: father William Beecher, 65, Dec 1834; and Mary E., mother, 60, Dec 1839. She was married for 41 years, had birthed 5 children, 1 still alive in 1900. Everyone and their parents were born in Maryland. James was renting the home.
William married Mary Elizabeth Eaton, daughter of James R. Eaton and Sarah A. Mary, <1859> in , Queen Anne's, MD.1 (Mary Elizabeth Eaton was born on 18 Oct 1841 in , Queen Anne's, MD, died on 1 Dec 1916 in Baltimore, Baltimore, MD and was buried on 3 Dec 1916 in Grasonville, Queen Anne's, MD.)
1 <i>1900 United States Census</i>, Maryland, Queen Anne's County, Queenstown, Series: T623 Roll: 626 Page: 144.
2 <i>1850 United States Census</i>, Maryland, Queen Anne's County, 5th Election District, Series: M432 Roll: 296 Page: 249.
3 <i>1860 United States Census</i>, Maryland, Queen Anne County, Queenstown, Series: M653 Roll: 479 Page: 741.
4 <i>1870 United States Census</i>, Maryland, Queen Anne County, Queenstown, Series: M593 Roll: 593 Page: 467.
5 <i>Queen Annes County Courthouse, Maryland</i>, Liber J.W. 4 Folio 355.
6 <i>Queen Annes County Courthouse, Maryland</i>, Liber J.W. 5, Folio 33.