|Winslow E. Barrigan
Noted events in his life were:
1. Census in 1910 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA. 6 The 1910 census recorded renting at 3224 Germantown Avenue: Lina M. Barrigan, divorced, dressmaker, 49, living with son Winslow E. Barrigan, 9. Winslow, his parents, and Lina were born in Pennsylvania. Lina's parents were born in Germany. The census columns record Lina had given birth to 4 children and all were alive in 1900.
2. Census in 1920 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA. 7 The 1920 census recorded renting at 35 North 54th Street: Lina Altvater, widowed, housekeeper, 59, living with son Winslow Barrigan, 18. They were born in Pennsylvania. Lina's parents were born in Germany. Winslow's father was born in New Jersery and mother in Pennsylvania. In the same address is machinist George Gilliam, 35, and his wife Clare, 29, and their children.
3. Census in 1930 in Abington Twp., Montgomery, PA. 8 The 1930 census recorded Winslow E. Barrigan, 29, divorced, living with his mother, Lina Altvater, widow, 69. The record indicates he was married at age 21. He, his mother and father were all born in Pennsylvania. His occupation is music teacher.
4. Newspaper: Lock Haven Express: Fire Destroys Barrigan Home, 2 May 1963, Lock Haven, Clinton, PA. 9 Fire Destroys Barrigan Home near Haneyville
5. Newspaper: Evening Herald: Photo of Winslow Barrigan and Violet Barrigan musicians at reunion of 1930 Class of Ashland High School, 8 Jul 1975, Shenandoah, Schuylkill, PA. 10
6. Residence: 6926 Germantown Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19119 in Aug 1986 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA. 5
7. Residence: Zip Code 19119 in 1992 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA. 4
Winslow married Violet Pearl Bury, daughter of Hubert Bury and Martha Alwine Sophie Papenkuhl, in 1941 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA.1 (Violet Pearl Bury was born on 16 Jun 1892 in Shenandoah, Schuylkill, PA,4 11 12 13 14 died on 4 Apr 1989 in Philadelphia: Germantown Lutheran Home, Philadelphia, PA 3 4 12 14 15 and was buried on 6 Apr 1989 in Emmaus: Moravian Cemetery, Lehigh, PA 12 15 16.)
Winslow next married Isabelle F. Poff in 1921 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA.2 The marriage ended in divorce. (Isabelle F. Poff was born in , , PA.)
1 Ancestry.com, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Marriage Index, 1885-1951, Marriage License 734253. Violet P. Christman and Winslow E. Barrigan.
2 Pennsylvania, Philadelphia Marriage Indexes, 1885-1951 (FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org)), https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:JVHH-ZMS and https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:JV96-QMZ : accessed 24 July 2015), Winslow E Barrigan and Isabelle F Poff, 1921; citing license number 442439, Clerk of the Orphan's Court. City Hall.
3 Morning Call (Allentown, PA), Apr 5, 1989. pg. B.14.
4 U.S. Social Security Death Index.
5 FamilySearch.org, United States Public Records Index, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/KRK5-QQH Winslow E Barrigan.
6 1910 United States Census, Year: 1910; Census Place: Philadelphia Ward 37, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Roll: T624_1407; Page: 2B; Enumeration District: 0922; FHL microfilm: 1375420.
7 1920 United States Census, Year: 1920; Census Place: Philadelphia Ward 44, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Roll: T625_1645; Page: 1B; Enumeration District: 1684; Image: 976.
8 1930 United States Census, Pennsylvania, Montgomery County, Abington Township.
9 The Express (Lock Haven, Pennsylvania) (Lock Haven, Clinton, Pennsylvania.), 2 May 1963, page 1.
10 The Evening Herald (Shenandoah, PA), 8 Jul 1975, page 3.
11 Marriage License.
12 Find A Grave, http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=17218265&.
13 FamilySearch.org, Pennsylvania, County Marriages, 1885 - 1950, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/VF4K-NKL William Christman and Violet P. Bury, 03 Jul 1915; citing Marriage, Pennsylvania, county courthouses, Pennsylvania; FHL microfilm 2,080,232.
14 U.S. Social Security Death Index, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/JPZR-2P8 SSN 159-09-8673 Violet P. Barrigan.
15 Hazleton Standard-Speaker, Hazleton, PA (Hazleton, Luzerne County, Pennsylvania), 5 Apr 1898, page 2. Obituary of Violet Barrigan.
16 Barnes, Helen Hale, daughter of Violet Pearl Bury (Letters from Helen Hale Barnes. 2005-6.).