|Lina Marie Altvater
Noted events in her life were:
1. Census in 1870 in Lancaster, Lancaster, PA. 5 The 1870 census recorded in the 2nd Ward in Lancaster: Charles Altvater, keeps hotel, 36, living with wife Pauline, 32; Lina M., 9; Charles, 8; Otto, 6; Minka, 4; George, 2. Charles was born in Bavaria, Pauline in Saxony, and the children in Pennsylvania.
2. She was confirmed in 1875 in Philadelphia: St. Paul's Lutheran Church. 6
3. Census in 1880 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA. 7 The 1880 census recorded at 6 Reese Street: Lina Altvater, servant, 19, single, living in the home of David Spieberger, 29 and his wife Rosanna, 25, with their children. Everyone was born in Pennsylvania. Lina's parents were born in Germany.
4. Residence: on 21 Oct 1884 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA. 1
5. Census in 1900 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA. 8 The 1900 census recorded renting at 2345 Germantown Avenue: Lena Barrigan, married, occupation "bicycles and sew machines", 40, born Sep 1860, living with son Charles Lemley, coachman, 14, Feb 1886; Pauline Lemley, 13, Aug 1887; and Leopold Lemley, 11, Sep 1889. Everyone was born in Pennsylvania. The children's father was born in New York. Lena's parents were born in Germany. Lena was married for 15 years and had birthed 3 children by 1900, all alive that year.
6. Census in 1910 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA. 9 The 1910 census recorded renting at 3224 Germantown Avenue: Lina M. Barrigan, divorced, dressmaker, 49, living with son Winslow E. Barrigan, 9. Winslow, his parents, and Lina were born in Pennsylvania. Lina's parents were born in Germany. The census columns record Lina had given birth to 4 children and all were alive in 1900.
7. Census in 1920 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA. 10 The 1920 census recorded renting at 35 North 54th Street: Lina Altvater, widowed, housekeeper, 59, living with son Winslow Barrigan, 18. They were born in Pennsylvania. Lina's parents were born in Germany. Winslow's father was born in New Jersery and mother in Pennsylvania. In the same address is machinist George Gilliam, 35, and his wife Clare, 29, and their children.
8. Census in 1930 in Abington Twp., Montgomery, PA. 3 The 1930 census recorded Winslow E. Barrigan, 29, divorced, living with his mother, Lina Altvater, widow, 69. The record indicates he was married at age 21. He, his mother and father were all born in Pennsylvania. His occupation is music teacher.
Lina married William H. Barrigan about 1898 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA. The marriage ended in divorce. (William H. Barrigan was born in , , PA.)
Lina next married Jacob Charles Lemley on 21 Oct 1884 in Philadelphia: Trinity Reformed Church, Philadelphia, PA, USA.1 2 The marriage ended in divorce. (Jacob Charles Lemley was born about 1857 in , , NJ 1.)
1 Ancestry.com, Pennsylvania and New Jersey, Church and Town Records, 1669-2013, PA > Philadelphia > Trinity Reformed Church, Marriage of Lina L. Altwater and Jacob Lemley.
2 FamilySearch.org, "Pennsylvania Marriages, 1709-1940," https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:V2XM-956 Jacob Lemley and Lina L. Altvater, 21 Oct 1884; citing Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; FHL microfilm 1,769,294.
3 , Pennsylvania, Montgomery County, Abington Township.
4 Ancestry.com, Pennsylvania, U.S., Death Certificates, 1906-1968 (Original data: Pennsylvania (State). Death certificates. Records of the Pennsylvania Department of Health, Record Group 11. Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.), Certificate 28092. Lina M. Altvater. Father Charles Altvater b. Germany. Mother Kathereen ___ [Kretschman]. Spouse Jacob Lamley. Divorced.
5 , Year: 1870; Census Place: Lancaster Ward 2, Lancaster, Pennsylvania; Roll: M593_1356; Page: 188A; Image: 381; Family History Library Film: 552855.
6 Ancestry.com, Pennsylvania and New Jersey, Church and Town Records, 1669-2013, PA > Philadelphia > St. Paul's Lutheran Church.
7 1880 United States Census, Year: 1880; Census Place: Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Roll: 1178; Family History Film: 1255178; Page: 262B; Enumeration District: 367; Image: 0527.
8 , (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:M375-JPC Lena Barrigan, Philadelphia city Ward 19, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States; citing sheet 11B, family 237.
9 , Year: 1910; Census Place: Philadelphia Ward 37, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Roll: T624_1407; Page: 2B; Enumeration District: 0922; FHL microfilm: 1375420.
10 , Year: 1920; Census Place: Philadelphia Ward 44, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Roll: T625_1645; Page: 1B; Enumeration District: 1684; Image: 976.