John Booher Jr. 1
- Born: 25 Jun 1788, , Sullivan, TN
- Marriage (1): Margareta Zimmerle on 29 Jun 1813 in , Washington, VA
- Died: 19 Feb 1873, Franklin Twp., Montgomery, IN at age 84
1. Elizabeth Parrigin Booher story
2. Booher, Winfield Scott. BOOHER FAMILY HISTORY HORIZONS, (1974), pp. 117, 123
3. 1820 Washington Co. VA census
4. 1830 Sullivan Co. TN census
5. Booher, Allen G. sr. MY OFTEN MISSPELLED NAME IS BOOHER
6. 1860 Montgomery Co. IN census
7. 1870 Montgomery Co. IN census
8. John Booher will via Lanny Crawley
9. 1850 Montgomery Co. IN census
10. 1840 Montgomery Co. IN census
!BIRTH: Source-5 p. 44 for date and place
!MARRIAGE: Source-5 for date
!DEATH: Source-5 p. 44 for date
!ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Source-1 John migrated to Indiana; Source-5 moved to Indiana in 1833, a farmer east of Darlington; Source-8 John Booher sen. Will
In the name of God, Amen, I John Booher senior of and in the County of Montgomery and State of Indiana, I being weak in body but of sound and perfect memory blessed be Almight God for the same. I do make and publish this, my last will and testament in manner and form following, that is to say that I bequeath my body to the grave and my sole [sic] to the God that gave it,
1. First: I give and bequeath unto my beloved wife Margaret Booher all of my real estate to have and to hold to her the said Margaret Booher for the term of her natural life.
2. Second : That all my personal property not taken by my beloved wife be sold and divided as hereafter directed after the payment of all my just debts.
3. Thirdly: I give and bequeath to my son-in-law John Booher junior and Mary Booher, his wife, the sum of one hundred dollars to be paid to them by Executor hereafter mentioned that to be all that they are to have of my estate either real or personal said money to be paid out of my personal property.
4. Fourth: After the above money is paid, I direct the balance of my personal property to be equally divided with the rest of my children with the exception of my son, Jonathan A. Booher, who is to have no share of my personal property.
5. Fifth: I give and bequeath to my son Jonathan A. Booher his heirs assigns the following described real estate for to have and hold forever, it being and lying in the County of Montgomery and State aforesaid to wit: The east half of the south east quarter of section three in town nineteen North of range three west containing eighty acres more or less for to have and to hold after the death of my beloved wife. The said Jonathan A. Booher for to remain on said land and take care of my beloved wife during her natural life and bear all expenses of her declining years this to be all the said Jonathan A. Booher is to have of my real estate. The balance to be disposed of as hereafter directed.
6. Sixth: After the death of my beloved wife, I authorize my Executor to with all convenient speed for to bargain and sell all in fee simple all my lands not disposed of above and they be equally divided with all my children with the execption of my son, Jonathan A. Booher and son in law John Booher junior and Mary Booher, his wife, who is to have no share in the proceeds of the real estate directed to be sold, they having received all that ______ them out of my property both real and personal.
7. Seventh: I hereby appoint Jonathan A. Booher, my son, my sole executor of this my last will and testament hereby revoking all former wills by me made no witness whereof. I have hereunto set my hand and seal this 17th day of January ______.
John X Booher seal
This day signed, sealed and declared by the above named John Booher to his last will and testament in the presence of us...
Order Book No. ! MONTGOMERY COURT OF COMMON PLEAS. [Probate] Vacation term 1873
John Booher Will
Be it remembered that on the 15th day of February AD 1873 It being in vacation of the court of Common Pleas of Montgomery County Indiana. Samuel Hampton one of the subscribing witnesses to the last will and testament of John Booher sen. late of said county deceased, appeared and filed in the clerks office of said court said will and the same was admitted to probate on the testimony of the said Samuel Hampton, and recorded in the record of will afafsaid cournty, at pages 137 & 138 and the same reads as follows To wit (inset)
John Booher son of John [d. 1820]
male 30-40 [1790-1800] John, b. 1788
male 15-20 [1810-1815] Benjamin, b. 1814
male 10-15 [1815-1820] John Jacob, b. 1815
male 10-15 [1815-1820] William K., b. 1817
male 10-15 [1815-1820] Nathaniel, b. 1819
male 5-10 [1820-1825] Nathan, b. 1824
male 0-5 [1825-1830] Isaac, b. 1827
male 0-5 [1825-1830] Elkanah, b. 1827
female 30-40 [1790-1800] Margaret Zimmerle, b. 1792
female 5-10 [1820-1825] Mary, b, 1822
female 5-10 [1820-1825] Margaret, b. 1825
!Note. Seven sons - 2 daus in census. Samuel had died.
!1840 Source-10 p. 240 image 10 Franklin Twp.
male 50-60 [1780-1790]
male 20-30 [1810-1820]
male 20-30 [1810-1820]
male 15-20 [1820-1825]
male 10-15 [1825-1830]
male 5-10 [1830-1835]
male 5-10 [1830-1835]
male 5-10 [1830-1835]
female 50-60 [1780-1790]
female 15-20 [1820-1825]
female 10-15 [1825-1830]
female 5-10 [1830-1835]
!1850 Source-9 p. 483 #151-154 Image 22 Franklin Twp.
Booher, John 62 farmer 2000 TN
Margaret 58 VA
Elkana 21 TN
Margaret 23 "
Susannah C. 19 "
Sylvanus 15 farmer IN
Lowrey, Catherine 80 SC
Heighhill, Margaret J. 14 IN
Booher, Isaac 24 TN
Mary 21 " married in year
!1860 Source-6 p. 117 #257-244 Franklin Twp. next door to Jonathan Booher
Booher, John 71 gentleman 5800/900 TN
Margaret 68 VA
!1870 Source-7 p. 140 #249-253 Franklin twp.
Booher, John 82 farmer 8000/200 TN
Margaret 78 kh VA
J.A. 37 farmer TN
Phebe 43 kh OH
Rebecca E. 13 IN
William 10 "
Daniel V. 6 "
Newton A. 4
Rheuben E. 2
Sarah M. 1/12
Noted events in his life were:
1. He has conflicting birth information of 24 Jun 1788 and , , TN.
2. He appeared on the census in 1850 in Franklin Twp., Montgomery, IN. Name: John Booher Age: 62 Estimated birth year: abt 1788 Birth place: Tennessee Gender: Male Home in 1850 (City,County,State): Franklin, Montgomery, Indiana Page: 483 Roll: M432_161
3. He appeared on the census in 1860 in Franklin Twp., Montgomery, IN. Name: John Booher Age in 1860: 71 Birthplace: Tennessee Home in 1860: Franklin, Montgomery, Indiana Gender: Male Post Office: Darlington Roll: M653_283 Page: 117 Year: 1860 Head of Household: John Booher
4. He appeared on the census in 1870 in Franklin Twp., Montgomery, IN. Name: John Booher Estimated Birth Year: abt 1788 Age in 1870: 82 Birthplace: Tennessee Home in 1870: Franklin, Montgomery, Indiana Post Office: Darlington Roll: M593_345 Page: 140 Image: 286 Year: 1870
5. He has conflicting death information of 19 Feb 1875.
John married Margareta Zimmerle on 29 Jun 1813 in , Washington, VA. (Margareta Zimmerle was born on 9 Jul 1792 in , , VA and died on 19 Feb 1875 in Darlington, Montgomery, IN.)