Richard D. Bucher 1
- Born: 1 Sep 1931, Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 1
- Marriage (1): Betty Jane Aikey in 1980 1
- Died: 28 Jun 2007, Danville, Montour, PA at age 75 1
Another name for Richard was Dick Bucher.1
Noted events in his life were:
1. Residence: in 2007 in Mifflinburg, Union, PA. 1
2. Obituary: Sunbury Daily Item on 30 Jun 2007 in Sunbury, Northumberland, PA. 1 MIFFLINBURG -- Richard D. "Dick" Bucher, 75, of 5759 Buffalo Road, entered into rest at 4:52 p.m. Thursday, June 28, 2007, at Geisinger Medical Center, Danville.
He was born Sept. 1, 1931, in Philadelphia, a son of the late Clarence J. and Amelia (DeGeorgio) Bucher. In 1980 he married the former Betty Jane Aikey, who preceded him in death on Dec. 18, 2000.
Dick retired in 1997 from Sam's Club in Gainesville, Fla., where he lived from 1988 to 2002.
Before moving to Florida, he worked for National Gypsum, New Columbia, for 20 years. Earlier in life he drove concrete and tractor trailer trucks.
He was a member of Pennsylvania Sheriff's Association, Florida Youth Ranch, and the National Rifle Association.
Mr. Bucher was a talented artist and clock maker.
He also enjoyed collecting Indian artifacts, hunting, fishing, golfing, playing darts and pool, and watching the Game Show Network.
Surviving are two sons, Chad S. Bucher and his fiancee Kristine Dziadzio of Mifflinburg, and Richard D. Jr. and Susan Bucher of Philadelphia; two daughters, Brenda Fredrico of Williamstown, N.J., and Evelyn Brown of South Carolina; eight grandchildren, including Andrea Victoria Bucher of Mifflinburg; and a brother, Clarence Russell Bucher of South Carolina.
Preceding him in death, in addition to his wife, was a brother, Joseph Rock Bucher Sr.
Services will be private at the discretion of the family.
Memorial contributions in Dick's memory may be sent to a charity of the donor's choice.
Funeral arrangements are entrusted to Schwartz-Adamo Funeral & Cremation Services, 247 Chestnut St., Mifflinburg.
Richard married Betty Jane Aikey in 1980.1 (Betty Jane Aikey died on 18 Dec 2000 1.)