|Abraham Henry Alburger
Abraham Henry Alburger 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
FamilySearch ID: L7TT-PVQ.
Noted events in his life were:
1. Census in 1850 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA. 4 The 1850 census recorded in the Spring Garden Ward 1 of Philadelphia: John G. Alburger, occupation victualler, 40, living with wife Catharine, 40; Abraham H., victualler, 18; Philip H., 16; John, 14; Anna Louisa, 12; Catharine, 9; William Henry, 7; Mary Dorothy, 5; Charles Sheridan, 2; and George Tryon, 10 months. Everyone was born in Pennsylvania. John's real estate was valued at $23,000, a very large amount for the times.
2. Census in 1860 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA. 12 The1860 census recorded Abraham H. Alburger, butcher, 28, with his wife Mary E. C., 22; twin sons Jacob T. and Wm. B., 4. All were born in Pennsylvania. Living with them are domestic servant Margaret Webb, 21, born in Ireland; and butcher Jas. J. Bradley, 21, born in Pennsylvania. Abraham's real estate is valued at $75,000, a very large amount for the times.
3. Cause of Death: accidental death by a knife wound, 6 Sep 1867, Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA. 7
4. Occupation: butcher on 6 Sep 1867 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA. 6
5. Residence: 705 Callowhill St., Philadelphia. PA on 6 Sep 1867 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA. 6 7 8
6. Newspaper: Philadelphia Evening Telegraph: funeral of Abraham H. Alburger., 7 Sep 1867, Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA. 13 DIED: Alburger. -- On the 6th instant, ABRAHAM H. ALBURGER, in the 35th year of his age.
7. Obituary: Philadelphia Evening Telegraph: obituary of Abraham H. Alburger on 7 Sep 1867 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA. 8 OBITUARY. --- Yesterday morning, Mr. Abraham H. Alburger, a prominent citizen of the Thirteenth Ward, died at his residence, No. 705 Callowhill street. Mr. Alburger has been an active member of the Republican party for years past, and was highly respected by the citizens generally. He was severely injured several weeks since by running against a knife in the Second street market, from the effects of which he had not fully recovered. At the time of his death he was a School Directory in the Thirteenth Ward.
8. Burial record for Abraham H. Alburger at Zion Protestant Episcopal Church on 8 Sep 1867 in Philadelphia: Zion Protestant Episcopal Church, Philadelphia, PA, USA. 7
Abraham married Mary Elizabeth Coleman Beecher, daughter of William Herr Beecher Sr. and Elizabeth Mary Coleman. (Mary Elizabeth Coleman Beecher was born on 13 Oct 1837 in Reading, Berks, PA 14 15, christened on 6 Dec 1840 in Reading: First Reformed Church, Berks, PA, USA,15 died on 1 Jun 1881 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 2 10 16 17 and was buried on 4 Jun 1881 in Philadelphia: Laurel Hill Cemetery, Philadelphia, PA 2 10 16 17.)
1 , https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/MXR2-CX8 Abrahan A Alburger, 13th Ward Philada, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States p. 47, household ID 377.
2 Ancestry.com, Pennsylvania and New Jersey, Church and Town Records, 1669-2013, Historical Society of Pennsylvania; Historic Pennsylvania Church and Town Records; Reel: 1174 PA > Philadelphia > Laurel Hill Cemetery Alburger Index, Online image 11.
3 , 29 Aug 1882, page 3. Death of John S. Alburger. Parents Abraham H. and Mary E. C. Alburger.
4 , https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/M4C2-TYV John G Alburger, Spring Garden, ward 1, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States; citing family 185.
5 , 1 Aug 1912, obituary of Jacob T. Alburger.
6 Ancestry.com, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, U.S., Death Certificates Index, 1803-1915 (From originals housed at the Philadelphia City Archives. "Death Records."), FHL film 1003694. Abram H. Alburger. d. 6 Sep 1867 705 Callowhill Philadelphia. Butcher.
7 Ancestry.com, Pennsylvania and New Jersey, Church and Town Records, 1669-2013, Historical Society of Pennsylvania; Historic Pennsylvania Church and Town Records; Reel: 978. PA > Philadelphia > Zion Protestant Episcopal Church. Burial of Abraham H. Alsburger.
8 (Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.), 7 Sep 1867, page 3. Obituary of Abraham H. Alburger.
9 , http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=139926518.
10 (http://www.berkshistory.org), Collection GA N Box 01A Folder 17 03. 53 pages of notes about Nagle, Norton, Coleman, Otto, Hinckel, Fretz, Beecher families.
11 FamilySearch.org, Pennsylvania, Philadelphia City Death Certificates, 1803-1915 (From originals housed at the Philadelphia City Archives. "Death Records."), https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:2:MS27-ZKQ Entry for Jacob T. Alburger, 29 Jul 1912; citing cn 17479, Philadelphia City Archives and Historical Society of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia; FHL microfilm 1,421,336.
12 , Year: 1860; Census Place: Philadelphia Ward 13, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Roll: M653_1163; Page: 861; Image: 447; Family History Library Film: 805163.
13 (Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.), 7 Sep 1867, page 3. Funeral of Abraham H. Alburger.
14 , Pennsylvania, Philadelphia County, Philadelphia South Mulberry Ward, Series: M432 Roll: 815 Page: 218.
15 Jacqueline B. Nein, First Reformed Church, Reading, Pennsylvania, an alphabetized compilation of baptisms, marriages, and funerals from 1771-1905 (Jacqueline B. Nein, 4701 Saint George Street, Reading, PA 196060 1988. Book viewable online at LDS family history centers.), page 8.
16 Ancestry.com, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, U.S., Death Certificates Index, 1803-1915 (From originals housed at the Philadelphia City Archives. "Death Records."), FHL Film 1003707. Mary E. C. Alburger. d. 1 Jun 1881 Philadelphia.
17 , http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=139926579.
Table of Contents | Surnames | Name List
This website was created 17 Mar 2023 with Legacy 9.0, a division of MyHeritage.com; content copyrighted and maintained by firstname.lastname@example.org