Noted events in his life were:
1. Census in 1820 in Reading, Berks, PA. 8 Name: Nicholas Coleman
2. Baptism on 5 Mar 1820 in Reading: First Reformed Church, Berks, PA, USA. William Coleman b. 6 Sep 1818, parents Nicholas & Rebecca, sponsor Peter Nagle Coleman Sq. 9
3. Census in 1830 in Reading, Berks, PA. 2 In 1830 the household of Nicholas Coleman had:
4. Baptism on 25 Dec 1830 in Reading: First Reformed Church, Berks, PA, USA. Rosetta Coleman b. 26 Oct 1830, parents Nicholaus & Rebecca, sponsor John Roland 9
5. Census in 1850 in Reading, Berks, PA. 3 Nicholas Coleman, livery stable, 57, was living with Rebecca, 56; and Adam Grover, 19. Everyone was born in Pennsylvania.
6. Newspaper: Public Ledger: obituary of Nicholas Coleman, 3 Mar 1858, Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA. 5 In Reading, Pa., on Monday, March 1st, NICHOLAS COLEMAN. The relatives and friends of the family are invited to attend the funeral on Wednesday, at 2 o'clock P.M. Then proceed to the Charles Evans Cemetery.
7. Cemetery: Charles Evans Cemtery: Coleman Family Lot graves (Colemans, Beechers). 10 Interments on the Coleman lot as shown in cemetery office records
Nicholas married Rebecca Nagel, daughter of Captain Peter Nagel and Barbara Ann Imler, on 2 Mar 1815 in Reading, Berks, PA.1 (Rebecca Nagel was born on 26 Feb 1793 in Reading, Berks, PA,1 3 4 11 died on 30 Aug 1880 in Reading, Berks, PA 1 4 11 and was buried on 4 Sep 1880 in Reading: Charles Evans Cemetery, Berks, PA 11.)
1 <i>Berks History Center Library (Reading, PA)</i> (http://www.berkshistory.org), Collection GA N Box 01A Folder 17 03. 53 pages of notes about Nagle, Norton, Coleman, Otto, Hinckel, Fretz, Beecher families.
2 <i>1830 United States Census</i>, Pennsylvania, Berks County, Reading South Ward, Series: M19 Roll: 143 Page: 298.
3 <i>1850 United States Census</i>, Pennsylvania, Berks County, Reading South West Ward, Series: M432 Roll: 752 Page: 324.
4 Ancestry.com, <i>U.S., Sons of the American Revolution Membership Applications, 1889-1970</i> (Original data: Sons of the American Revolution Membership Applications, 1889-1970. Louisville, Kentucky: National Society of the Sons of the American Revolution. Microfilm, 508 rolls.), 1916 Application of Paul Albright Coleman (b.1887). SAR Membership 28484.
5 <i>Philadelphia Public Ledger (Philadelphia, PA)</i>, 3 Mar 1858, page 2. Obituary of Nicholas Coleman.
6 <i>Find A Grave</i>, http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=170669066.
7 Ancestry.com, <i>Pennsylvania, Death Certificates, 1906-1966</i> (Original data: Pennsylvania (State). Death certificates, 1906–1966. Series 11.90 (1,905 cartons). Records of the Pennsylvania Department of Health, Record Group 11. Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.), Certificate 58405. William N. Coleman. Father Nicholas Coleman. Mother Rebecca Nagle.
8 <i>1820 United States Census</i>, 1820 U S Census; Census Place: Reading South Ward, Berks, Pennsylvania; Page: 186; NARA Roll: M33_99; Image: 199.
9 Jacqueline B. Nein, <i>First Reformed Church, Reading, Pennsylvania, an alphabetized compilation of baptisms, marriages, and funerals from 1771-1905</i> (Jacqueline B. Nein, 4701 Saint George Street, Reading, PA 196060 1988. Book viewable online at LDS family history centers.), pages 22-23.
10 <i>Berks History Center Library (Reading, PA)</i> (http://www.berkshistory.org), GAC475 Charles Evans Cemetery Inscriptions. Recorded 1930-1948 by J. E. Sutrgis Nagle.
11 <i>Find A Grave</i>, http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=170742988.