|Elizabeth Harral Yoer
Another name for Elizabeth was Elizabeth Harral Joyer.2
Noted events in her life were:
1. Alt. Name: In his diary, grandson Henry Allen Tupper states: "my mother, Eliza Yoer (original name, Joyer)",, in Charleston, Charleston, SC.
2. Census in 1850 in Charleston, Charleston, SC. 14 The 1850 census recorded in the parishes of St. Phillip and St. Michaels Tris. Tupper, merchant, 60, living with wife Eliza, 50; Tristram Jun., clerk, 19; Catherine, 16; George, 11; Cordelia D., 9; and Richard, 3. His real estate was valued at $7000. Everyone was born in South Carolina except Tristram in Maine.
3. Residence: Age: 50 in 1850 in St Michael and St Phillip, Charleston, SC. 12
4. Residence: Age: 60 in 1860 in Charleston Ward 1, Charleston, SC. 8
5. Residence: Age: 80 Marital Status: Widowed; Relation to Head of House: Mother in 1880 in Charleston, Charleston, SC. 10
6. Residence: in 1884 in Charleston, Charleston, SC. 6
7. Residence: in 1886 in Charleston, Charleston, SC. 6
8. Obituary: Eulogy about Elizabeth Tupper by pastor of First Baptist Church on 14 Jul 1887 in Charleston, Charleston, SC. 15 Mrs. Eliza Yoer Tupper was indeed a "mother in Israel." She was the preachers' friend. It was the privilege of the writer to call her "Mother Tupper," and she always spoke of him as "my boy." At the time I first met her she was a woman of commanding presence, of noble character, of keen judgment, great versatility of character and intense devotion to the cause of Christ. She kept her sorrows, of which she had many, within her bosom, while she had naught but smiles and words of cheer for others. And yet it was touching to see how quietly upon a week day she would go around to the church-yard and moisten with tears of affection the graves which contained her treasures of love. At seventy she possessed the vigor of mind and body of her earlier years-her life was for her church and her God. She has gone to her reward, but her honored and useful children and grandchildren rise up and call her blessed.
9. Book: Henry Allen Tupper's diary entry about his mother's family. 2
Elizabeth married Tristram Tupper Sr., son of Dr. James Tupper and Deborah Allen, on 3 Dec 1816 in Charleston, Charleston, SC.1 2 (Tristram Tupper Sr. was born on 15 Oct 1789 in Dresden, Lincoln, ME,1 7 8 16 17 18 died on 20 May 1865 in Charleston, Charleston, SC 1 7 16 17 and was buried in Charleston: First Baptist Churchyard, Charleston, Charleston, SC 16 17.)
1 <i>The Invincible, a Magazine of History and Biography</i> (608 Navarre Building, St. Louis, Mo.), June 1913, Vol. 1, No. 3, Page 66. Read online at http://books.google.com/books?id=JbITAAAAYAAJ .
2 Taylor, George Braxton, <i>Virginia Baptist Ministers, Fifth Series 1902-1914</i> (Lynchburg, Va. J. P. Bell Company, Inc. 1915.), Autobiography of Henry Allen Tupper, pages 12-37.
3 Ancestry Family Trees (Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com. Original data: Family Tree files submitted by Ancestry members.), Ancestry Family Tree.
5 Garlington, J. C, <i>Men of the time: Sketches of living notables. A biographical encyclopedia of contemporaneous South Carolina leaders.</i> (Garlington Publishing Co., 1902 - South Carolina - 467 pages.), Page 467, biography of George Tupper.
6 Ancestry.com, U.S. City Directories, 1822-1995.
7 Tupper, Eleanor, <i>Tupper Genealogy, 1578-1971</i> (1972, 919 pages.), Page 414.
8 <i>1860 United States Census</i>, Year: 1860; Census Place: Charleston Ward 1, Charleston, South Carolina; Roll: M653_1216; Page: 190; Image: 14; Family History Library Film: 805216.
9 <i>Find A Grave</i>, http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=33457819.
10 1880 United States Census, Year: 1880; Census Place: Charleston, Charleston, South Carolina; Roll: 1222; Family History Film: 1255222; Page: 310C; Enumeration District: 067.
11 Ancestry.com, South Carolina, Death Records, 1821-1955 (Ancestry.com Operations Inc).
12 <i>1850 United States Census</i>, Year: 1850; Census Place: St Michael and St Phillip, Charleston, South Carolina; Roll: M432_850; Page: 99B; Image: 39.
13 <i>Daughters of the American Revolution Lineage Books</i> (Online register at www.dar.org), Read online at http://books.google.com/books?id=7HgZAQAAIAAJ page 31, lineage of Miss Annette E. Tupper, daughter of Samuel Yoer Tupper, descendants of George Edward Harrall.
14 <i>1850 United States Census</i>, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/M8Q6-VQ2 Tris Tupper, 1850.
15 <i>First Baptist Church, Charleston, South Carolina</i> (48 Meeting Street, Charleston, SC 29401.).
16 <i>Find A Grave</i>, http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=33457805.
17 Ancestry.com, Web: South Carolina, Find A Grave Index, 1729-2012 (Ancestry.com Operations, Inc.).
18 Ancestry.com, The New England Historical & Genealogical Register, 1847-2011 (Ancestry.com Operations, Inc.).