|Anna Mae Evans
Another name for Anna was Ann Evans.8
Noted events in her life were:
1. Census in 1920 in Mahanoy City, Schuylkill, PA. 7 The 1920 census recorded David Evans, coal mine laborer, 30, living with wife Anna, 22; and daughters Ruth, 3, and Anna, 7 months. Also in the home is brother-in-law Clarence Bailey, 12. Ruth, Anna, and David were born in Pennsylvania and his parents in Wales. Anna was born in Pennsylvania and her parents in England.
2. Newspaper: Evening Herald: Miss Anna May Evans, Mahanoy City, spent Sunday at the home of Mr. And Mrs. Arthur Beacher, Sr., Shenandoah Heights, 1 Jul 1941, Shenandoah, Schuylkill, PA. 9
3. Occupation: factory worker on 23 Dec 1942 in Mahanoy City, Schuylkill, PA. 2
4. Residence: 116 Pine Street on 23 Dec 1942 in Mahanoy City, Schuylkill, PA. 2
5. Newspaper: Republican and Herald: Evans-Beacher, 28 Dec 1942, Pottsville, Schuylkill, PA. 3 Miss Anna Mae Evans, daughter of Mrs. Anna Evans, of Mahanoy City and Lieutenant Paul C. Beacher, son of Mr. and Mrs. Arthur Beacher, of Shenandoah Heights, were married Saturday morning at 10 o'clock in the Primitive Methodist Church, Mahanoy City. The ceremony was performed by the Rev. H. O. Fichter. During the service, Miss Dorothy Hale, of Mahanoy City sang "O Promise Me" and "I Love You Truly". She was accompanied by Mrs. George Gibson. The bride looked charming in a gown of white taffeta styled along princess lines with a finger-tip veil and seed pearls. She carried a bouquet of white pompons. Her sister, Miss Ruth Evans, the maid of honor, wore a pink taffeta gown and a short veil. She carried a bouquet of pink pompons. Rev. William Jones, of William Penn, a friend of the couple, was the best man. Mrs. Evans, mother of the bride, wore a dress of soldier blue, while Mrs. Beacher, mother of the bridegroom, wore a dress of dusty rose. Both also wore corsages of pink and white pompons. Following the ceremony, a dinner was served at the home of the bridegroom's parents. The couple later left on a honeymoon trip to New York, from where they will go to Vermont where Lieutenant Beacher is stationed. For her going-away outfit the bride chose a green velvet dress with brown accessories. The bride was graduated from Mahanoy City High School and was employed by the J. Janowitch and Sons dress factory in Mahanoy City. The bridegroom was graduated from the J. W. Cooper High School and before enlisting in the Army was employed by E. H. Ratzburg and Son.
6. Residence: 508 Chestnut Street, Sunbury, Pa. On 27 Mar 1950 in Sunbury, Northumberland, PA. 10
7. Residence: on 1 Dec 1978 in Danville, Montour, PA. 11
8. Obituary: Times Herald: obituary of Anna Beacher on 13 Sep 2017 in Port Huron, St. Clair, MI. 4 Anna M. Beacher
Anna married Paul Clifton Beacher, son of Arthur Garfield Beacher and Lottie Mabel Wagner, on 26 Dec 1942 in Mahanoy City, Schuylkill, PA.1 2 3 (Paul Clifton Beacher was born on 5 Nov 1919 in Shenandoah, Schuylkill, PA,2 10 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 died on 28 Mar 2001 in Port Huron, St. Clair, MI 12 15 16 18 and was buried on 31 Mar 2001 in Port Huron: Lakeside Cemetery, St. Clair, MI 15 18.)
1 Port Huron Times Herald, http://www.thetimesherald.com/news/stories/20010329/obituaries/419079.html.
2 FamilySearch.org, Pennsylvania, County Marriages, 1885 - 1950, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/KMZ4-1ZN Paul C Beacher and Anna Mae Evans, 26 Dec 1942; citing , Schuylkill, Pennsylvania, United States, ; FHL microfilm 2134036.
3 Republican and Herald (Pottsville, PA) (www.republicanherald.com), 28 Dec 1942, page 4. Evans-Beacher Wedding.
4 Times Herald (Port Huron, MI), 13 Sep 2017, obituary of Anna Beacher.
5 Find A Grave, https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/183827142.
6 Ancestry.com, U.S. Public Records Index (Original data: Voter Registration Lists, Public Record Filings, Historical Residential Records, and Other Household Database Listings.), Volume 1.
7 1920 United States Census, Year: 1920; Census Place: Mahanoy City Ward 5, Schuylkill, Pennsylvania; Roll: T625_1650; Page: 13A; Enumeration District: 64; Image: 1041.
8 Genealogy Research conducted by Bruce Franklin Beacher Ph.D. (1919-2004).
9 The Evening Herald (Shenandoah, PA), 1 Jul 1941, page 4.
10 Ancestry.com, Pennsylvania, Veteran Compensation Applications, WWII, 1950, Paul Clifton Beacher.
11 Beacher, Bruce Franklin, Beau-Chere, The Beacher Family Newsletter, 1 Dec 1978.
12 U.S. Social Security Death Index.
13 1930 United States Census, Pennsylvania, Schuylkill County, West Mahanoy Township, Series: T626 Roll: 2148 Page: 248.
14 1940 United States Census, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/KQ7Y-ZGY Arthur Beacher, West Mahanoy Township, Schuylkill, Pennsylvania, United States; citing enumeration district (ED) 54-181, sheet 7B, family 114, NARA digital publication T627, roll 3607.
15 National Cemetery Administration, U.S. Veterans Gravesites, ca.1775-2006, Paul Clifton Beacher.
16 Ancestry.com, U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007 (Original data: Social Security Applications and Claims, 1936-2007.), Paul Clifton Beacher, SSN 183102113.
17 FamilySearch.org, United States World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942, Paul Clifton Beacher, b. 5 Nov 1919.
18 Find A Grave, https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/139168017.