|Paul Clifton Beacher
Noted events in his life were:
1. Census in 1920 in Shenandoah, Schuylkill, PA. 16 The 1920 census recorded at 102 North Washington Avenue: Arthur Beacher, machinist in coal mine, 36, living with wife Lottie, 30; Arthur, 11; Evelyn, 9; Dorothy, 6; and Robert, 2 months. Everyone and their parents were born in Pennsylvania.
2. Census in 1930 in West Mahanoy Twp., Schuylkill, PA. 7 Arthur Beacher, machinist colliery, 46, was married at age 24 to wife L?ttie, 39, who married at age 17. With them: Arthur Jr., coal engineer in coal mines, 21, who married at age 19; Dorothy, operator in telephone co., daughter-in-law, 24, who married Arthur Jr. at age 22; Evelyn, waitress, daughter, 19; Dorothy, 16; Paul, 11; and Jean, 5. Everyone and their parents were born in Pennsylvania, except Dorothy's parents were from Wales. They are living at 208 Ohio Avenue.
3. Census in 1940 in West Mahanoy Twp., Schuylkill, PA. 8 In the 1940 Census in West Mahanoy Township was recorded Arthur Beacher, age 56, retired, living with wife Lotte, 49; son Paul, 20, clerk in lumber company; daughter Jean, 15; plus son Arthur Beacher, 31, laborer in coal mine, and his wife Dot, 33, and their daughter Joan, 6. Also in the home is Arthur Sr's daughter Joan Balliet and her husband, John Balliet, 33, clerk in lumber company, and their child John Jr., 7. Everyone was born in Shenandoah, Pennsylvania, except Lottie Beacher in Roaring Creek, Pennsylvania; John Jr. Balliet and Joan Beacher in Shenandoah Heights; and John Balliet Sr. In 1935 everyone lived in Shenandoah Heights.
4. Occupation: E. H. Ratzburg & Son, Shenandoah, PA on 16 Oct 1940 in Shenandoah, Schuylkill, PA. 14
5. He was described as 5' 10", 146 lbs., blue eyes, blonde hair, light complexion on 16 Oct 1940 in Shenandoah, Schuylkill, PA. 14
6. Residence: 208 Ohio Ave., Shenandoah Heights, PA on 16 Oct 1940 in Shenandoah Heights, Schuylkill County, PA. 14
7. Military from 7 Dec 1941 to 4 Feb 1945 in Shenandoah, Schuylkill, PA: World War II: serial no. 0-1169858. 9
8. Residence: 208 Ohio Ave., Shenandoah, Pa. On 7 Dec 1941 in Shenandoah, Schuylkill, PA. 9
9. Occupation: Lieutenant U.S. Army on 23 Dec 1942 in Shenandoah Heights, Schuylkill County, PA. 2
10. Newspaper: Republican and Herald: Evans-Beacher, 28 Dec 1942, Pottsville, Schuylkill, PA. 3 Miss Anna Mae Evans, daughter of Mrs. Anna Evans, of Mahanoy City and Lieutenant Paul C. Beacher, son of Mr. and Mrs. Arthur Beacher, of Shenandoah Heights, were married Saturday morning at 10 o'clock in the Primitive Methodist Church, Mahanoy City. The ceremony was performed by the Rev. H. O. Fichter. During the service, Miss Dorothy Hale, of Mahanoy City sang "O Promise Me" and "I Love You Truly". She was accompanied by Mrs. George Gibson. The bride looked charming in a gown of white taffeta styled along princess lines with a finger-tip veil and seed pearls. She carried a bouquet of white pompons. Her sister, Miss Ruth Evans, the maid of honor, wore a pink taffeta gown and a short veil. She carried a bouquet of pink pompons. Rev. William Jones, of William Penn, a friend of the couple, was the best man. Mrs. Evans, mother of the bride, wore a dress of soldier blue, while Mrs. Beacher, mother of the bridegroom, wore a dress of dusty rose. Both also wore corsages of pink and white pompons. Following the ceremony, a dinner was served at the home of the bridegroom's parents. The couple later left on a honeymoon trip to New York, from where they will go to Vermont where Lieutenant Beacher is stationed. For her going-away outfit the bride chose a green velvet dress with brown accessories. The bride was graduated from Mahanoy City High School and was employed by the J. Janowitch and Sons dress factory in Mahanoy City. The bridegroom was graduated from the J. W. Cooper High School and before enlisting in the Army was employed by E. H. Ratzburg and Son.
11. Occupation: 1948 Allentown City Directory: Beacher, Paul C (Anna M) battery commander Hdqtrs Battery 213 AAA Group P N G h 1101 Fair Acres in 1948 in Allentown, Lehigh, PA. 17
12. Residence: 508 Chestnut Street, Sunbury, Pa. On 27 Mar 1950 in Sunbury, Northumberland, PA. 9
13. Newspaper: The Daily Courier, 21 Jul 1965, Connellsville, Fayette, PA. 18 Guard Unit Will Fly to Oregon for Training
14. Newspaper: Lebanon Daily News: Pa. Guardsmen Parade In Oregon Before Governor, 16 Aug 1965, Lebanon, Lebanon, PA. 19 CAMP RILEA, WARRENTON, Ore. - Over 1,000 citizen-soldiers of the Pennsylvania and Oregon Army National Guard paraded before Oregon's Governor Mark Hatfield, the Adjutant General of Pennsylvania, Maj. Gen. Thomas R. White, Jr., and a reviewing party of high-ranking military and civilian dignitaries during the annual Governor's Day Review here Saturday. Parading with the Oregon Units at this West Coast training site was the Pennsylvania Army National Guard's 3rd Automatic Weapons Battalion, 213th Artillery, commanded by Col. Paul C. Beacher of Danville, Pa. The 375 members of the Keystone State's air defense battalion flew non-stop by Air National Guard troop carriers to Portland, Ore., arriving here the previous Saturday. The Pennsylvania Guardsmen will return to their hometown armories via C-121 Super Constellations next Sunday.
15. Residence: on 8 Sep 1966 in Danville, Montour, PA. 13
16. Residence: on 17 Jan 1977 in Danville, Montour, PA. 11
17. Residence: on 1 Dec 1978 in Danville, Montour, PA. 20
18. Residence: in 1983 in Danville, Montour, PA. 21 23 Maple St, Danville, PA, 17821-1311
19. Residence: in 1989 in Lady Lake, Lake, FL. 21
20. His Social Security Number was 183-10-2113 on 28 Mar 2001 in , , , USA. 22
21. Obituary: Times-Herald: obituary of Paul C. Beacher on 29 Mar 2001 in Port Huron, St. Clair, MI. 23 Paul C. Beacher
Paul married Anna Mae Evans, daughter of David Jenkin Evans and Anna Priscilla Bailey, on 26 Dec 1942 in Mahanoy City, Schuylkill, PA.1 2 3 (Anna Mae Evans was born on 11 Jun 1919 in Mahanoy City, Schuylkill, PA,2 21 24 25 26 died on 12 Sep 2017 in Fort Gratiot, St. Clair, MI 25 26 and was buried on 15 Sep 2017 in Port Huron: Lakeside Cemetery, St. Clair, MI 25 26.)
1 Port Huron Times Herald, http://www.thetimesherald.com/news/stories/20010329/obituaries/419079.html.
2 FamilySearch.org, Pennsylvania, County Marriages, 1885 - 1950, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/KMZ4-1ZN Paul C Beacher and Anna Mae Evans, 26 Dec 1942; citing , Schuylkill, Pennsylvania, United States, ; FHL microfilm 2134036.
3 Republican and Herald (Pottsville, PA) (www.republicanherald.com), 28 Dec 1942, page 4. Evans-Beacher Wedding.
4 U.S. Social Security Death Index.
5 Genealogy Research conducted by Bruce Franklin Beacher Ph.D. (1919-2004).
6 Beacher, Bruce Franklin, Beau-Chere, The Beacher Family Newsletter, Issue 1 Jun 1979.
7 1930 United States Census, Pennsylvania, Schuylkill County, West Mahanoy Township, Series: T626 Roll: 2148 Page: 248.
8 1940 United States Census, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/KQ7Y-ZGY Arthur Beacher, West Mahanoy Township, Schuylkill, Pennsylvania, United States; citing enumeration district (ED) 54-181, sheet 7B, family 114, NARA digital publication T627, roll 3607.
9 Ancestry.com, Pennsylvania, Veteran Compensation Applications, WWII, 1950, Paul Clifton Beacher.
10 National Cemetery Administration, U.S. Veterans Gravesites, ca.1775-2006, Paul Clifton Beacher.
11 The Evening Herald (Shenandoah, PA), 17 Jan 1977, page 2. Obituary of Arthur G. Beacher.
12 Ancestry.com, U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007 (Original data: Social Security Applications and Claims, 1936-2007.), Paul Clifton Beacher, SSN 183102113.
13 Delaware County Daily Times (Chester, Pa.), 9 Sep 1966, page 4. Obituary of Miss Dorothy M. Beacher.
14 FamilySearch.org, United States World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942, Paul Clifton Beacher, b. 5 Nov 1919.
15 Find A Grave, https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/139168017.
16 1920 United States Census, Pennsylvania, Schuylkill County, Shenandoah, Enumeration District 123 Sheet 7 Visit 124.
17 Ancestry.com, U.S. City Directories, 1822-1995, 1948 Allentown City Directory, printed page 57, online image 31.
18 Daily Courier, Connelsville, Fayette County, Pennsylvania, 21 Jul 1965 edition, page 20.
19 Lebanon Daily News, 16 Aug 1965, page 12. Pa. Guardsmen Parade In Oregon Before Governor.
20 Beacher, Bruce Franklin, Beau-Chere, The Beacher Family Newsletter, 1 Dec 1978.
21 Ancestry.com, U.S. Public Records Index (Original data: Voter Registration Lists, Public Record Filings, Historical Residential Records, and Other Household Database Listings.), Volume 1.
22 The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, "FamilySearch," database, FamilySearch (http://new.familysearch.org : accessed 22 Apr 2013), entry for Paul Clifton Beacher, person ID 9C6N-LYL.
23 Port Huron Times Herald, 29 Mar 2001, page 21. Obituary of Paul C. Beacher.
24 1920 United States Census, Year: 1920; Census Place: Mahanoy City Ward 5, Schuylkill, Pennsylvania; Roll: T625_1650; Page: 13A; Enumeration District: 64; Image: 1041.
25 Times Herald (Port Huron, MI), 13 Sep 2017, obituary of Anna Beacher.
26 Find A Grave, https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/183827142.