Noted events in her life were:
1. She has conflicting birth information of 23 Sep 1895 and Shenandoah, Schuylkill, PA. 11
2. She appeared on the census in 1900 in Mahanoy Twp., Schuylkill, PA. 12 In the 1900 Census in Mahanoy Township (and indexed incorrectly in the census as William Beesher) is William Beecher, age 63, born Aug 1846, day laborer. He is living with wife Priscilla, 47, born Jan 1853. She was married to him for 17 years, had born 10 children, 8 still alive in 1900 (some by her first marriage). With them are son Nathan, July 1885, 14, day laborer; son John, July 1888, 11; son Alfred, Jan 1892, 8; daughter Laura, Aug 1894, 5. William is renting the home.
3. She attended school on 16 Feb 1901 in Scotland, Franklin, PA. 2 13 When William Beacher died, his children were eligible to be sent to schools for fatherless boys because he was a Civil War solider. According to genealogist Bruce Beacher who gathered information from Alfred Beacher, Alfred said he and his brother John Jacob were raised in Scotland, Pa. in an orphanage.
4. Residence: 209 West Raspberry St., Shenandoah, PA on 3 Jan 1903 in Shenandoah, Schuylkill, PA. 14
5. Court: John Jacob, Laura and Alfred Beacher were appointed a guardian, Joseph T. Lyons on 13 Apr 1903 in Pottsville, Schuylkill, PA. 15 Orphan's Court Dockets.
6. Newspaper: Miner's Journal: Guardian Appointed for Beacher Children, 14 Apr 1903, Pottsville, Schuylkill, PA. 16 On motion of Wm. F. Lyons court appointed Joseph T. Lyons guardian of Laura, Alford and John Jacob Beacher, minor children of Wm. Beacher. Three bonds in the sum of $300 each with Wm. F. Lyons as surety, were approved.
7. Benedetto and Laura obtained a marriage license on 27 Mar 1919 in Cleveland, Cuyahoga, OH. 1 Application 134739. Marriage license issued March 27, 1919
8. Residence: 5307 Carnegie Ave., Cleveland, OH on 27 Mar 1919 in Cleveland, Cuyahoga, OH. 8
9. She appeared on the census in 1930 in Forest Hills, Allegheny, PA. 17 Recorded in 1930 in Forest Hills, Allegheny County, was Richard J. Parsons, age 31, with wife Laura, 36; and Richard J., 3; Everyone was born in Pennsylvania.
10. She appeared on the census in 1940 in Forest Hills, Allegheny, PA. 18 Recorded in 1940 in Forest Hills, Allegheny County, was Richard Parsons, engineer clerk in electrical manufacturing, age 42, with wife Laura, 45; Richard, 13; and John Arthur, 7. Everyone was born in Pennsylvania.
11. Newspaper: Pittsburgh Press: death notice for Laura Parsons, 28 Aug 1975, Pittsburgh, Allegheny, PA. 10 PARSONS. On Wednesday, August 27, 1975, Laura B. Parsons, of Braddock Hills, beloved wile of Richard J. Parsons, mother of Richard J. Jr. of Philadelphia and John A. of San Diego, Calif.; also five grandchildren. Friends received at the ROBERT E. WOLFE MEMORIAL, 925 Franklin Ave. (at Coal St.) Viewing after 7 p.m. Thursday where services will be held on Saturday at 7 a.m. Memorials may be made to the South Avenue United Methodist Church. Family visitation 2-4 and 7-9 p.m.
Laura married John Henry Harry Hayden, son of Lewis D. Hayden and Julia C. Pimm, on 27 Mar 1919 in Cleveland, Cuyahoga, OH.1 (John Henry Harry Hayden was born on 26 Feb 1875 in Auburn, Cayuga, NY, USA 1 8 19 20.)
Laura next married Richard Jerome Parsons Sr., son of Charles King Parsons and Mary Virginia Clark. (Richard Jerome Parsons Sr. was born on 28 Feb 1898 in Lebanon, Lebanon, PA,3 18 21 22 died on 23 Aug 1984 in Forest Hills, Allegheny, PA 3 6 22 and was buried in Wilkinsburg: Woodlawn Cemetery, Allegheny, PA, USA 22.)
1 Ancestry.com, Cuyahoga County, Ohio, Marriage Records and Indexes, 1810-1973 (Cuyahoga County, Ohio, Marriage Records, 1810–1973. Microfilm publication, 137 rolls. Reels 1-110. Cuyahoga, Ohio.), Vol 110-111; Page: 448; Marriage of John H. Hayden and Laura Beacher.
2 Beacher, Bruce Franklin, Beau-Chere, The Beacher Family Newsletter, Issue 1 Jun 1978.
3 Social Security Death Index, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/JP8H-LZN Richard Parsons, August 1984; citing U.S. Social Security Administration, Death Master File.
4 Ancestry.com, Pennsylvania, Wills and Probate Records, 1683-1993, PA > Schuylkill County. Will Book 12, Page 580. Online image 326. Priscilla Beacher.
5 Ancestry.com, U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007 (Original data: Social Security Applications and Claims, 1936-2007.), SSN 194147104 Richard Jerome Parsons Jr. father Richard J. Parsons mother Laura Beecher.
6 Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (Pittsburgh, Allegheny, Pennsylvania.), 24 Aug 1984, page 3, obituary of Richard J. Parsons.
7 Find A Grave, http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=25485928.
8 FamilySearch.org, Ohio, County Marriages, 1789-2013, https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:XDGD-RVW John H. Hayden and Laura Beacher, 27 Mar 1919; citing Cuyahoga, Ohio, United States, reference 274-448; county courthouses, Ohio; FHL microfilm 1,888,832.
9 The Morning News (Wilmington, DE), 2 Jul 1963, pages 8-9. Also 3 Jul 1963, page 17. Obituary of Alfred Beacher.
10 Pittsburgh Press (Pittsburgh, Allegheny, Pennsylvania.), 28 Aug 1975, page 31. Death of Laura Parsons.
11 Social Security Death Index, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/JBBD-C31 Laura Parsons, August 1975; citing U.S. Social Security Administration, Death Master File.
12 1900 United States Census, Pennsylvania, Schuylkill County, Mahanoy Township, Series: T623 Roll: 1483 Page: 253.
Wm. Stanley Ray, State Printer of Pennsylvania, Annual Report of the Pennsylvania Commission of Soldiers' Orphan Schools (State of Pennsylvania, Harrisburg, 1905.
http://searches.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/ifetch2?/u1/data/pa+index+31918244740+F), For the Year Ending May 31, 1904.
14 Republican and Herald (Pottsville, PA) (www.republicanherald.com), 5 Jan 1903, page 4. Obituary of Prescilla Beacher.
15 FamilySearch.org, Pennsylvania, Probate Records, 1683-1994 (Images of court probate book pages online at https://familysearch.org/search/collection/1999196 .), https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1971-28854-1452-9?cc=1999196 : Schuylkill > Orphans' Court dockets 1901-1911 vol 29-31 > image 211 of 1018; county courthouses, Pennsylvania.
16 The Miners Journal (Pottsville, PA), 14 Apr 1903, page 1.
17 1930 United States Census, (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XCHL-9D8 Richard J Parsons, Forest Hills, Allegheny, Pennsylvania; citing enumeration district (ED) 0605, sheet 18A, family 455, NARA microfilm publication T626, roll 1964.
18 1940 United States Census, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/KQQ9-LVM Richard Parsons, Braddock Township, Allegheny, Pennsylvania, United States; citing enumeration district (ED) 2-56, sheet 20B, family 379, NARA digital publication T627, roll 3399.
19 United States World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918, https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:K6FC-ZMQ John Henry Hayden FHL microfilm 1,831,769.
20 FamilySearch.org, Michigan, County Marriages, 1820-1935, https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FCC2-Z2Q J. H. Hayden and Ada Corey, 20 Apr 1911.
21 1900 United States Census, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/M33G-4WK Richard Parsons in household of Charles Parsons, Lebanon city Ward 1, Lebanon, Pennsylvania, United States; citing sheet , family 83.
22 Find A Grave, http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=25485658.