|Mary Leota Aldrich
FamilySearch ID: MP2C-BML.
Noted events in her life were:
1. Census in 1900 in Dysart, Tama, IA. 7 8 The 1900 census recorded Mary S. Aldrich, 47, born in Pennsylvania Jan 1853, living with daughter Leota M., 14, born in Wisconsin Nov 1885; and son Lee, 8, born in Iowa Apr 1892. Mary's parents were born in Pennsylvania. The childrens' father was born in New York. The census records that Mary had been married for 16 years and given birth to 3 children, all alive in 1900.
2. Newspaper: Evening Times-Republican: Aldrich-Beecher Marriage, 27 Nov 1909, Marshalltown, Marshall, IA, United States. 2 Traer, Nov. 27 - Wednesday evening, at the home of the bride's mother, Mrs. M. S. Aldrich, in Dysart, Rev. W. C. Lang, pastor of the Evangelical church there, solemized the marriage of Miss Mary Leota Aldrich, of that place, and Mr. Ira Beecher, of Traer, in the presence of about thrity relatives and friends. The bride was born and reared in Dysart and for the past few years has been a successful teacher in the schools of the county. The groom is a son of Mr. and Mrs. J. W. Beecher, and is very worthy and industrious young man. The couple have rented the Andrew Wilson cottage in southeast Traer.
3. Newspaper: Evening Times-Republican: Mrs. Ira Beecher was operated upon in a Cedar Rapids hospital for appendicitis. She has been in poor health for several years., 1 Apr 1912, Marshalltown, Marshall, IA, United States. 9
4. Mary appeared in the household of Ira Ambrose Beecher in a census in 1920 in Traer, Tama, IA. 10 10 The 1920 census recorded Ira Beecher, 34, born in Pennsylvania, living with wife Leota, 34, born in Wisconsin, and her mother, Mary, 68, born in Pennsylvania.
5. She appeared in the household of Ira Ambrose Beecher in the Iowa State Census census in 1925 in Cedar Rapids, Linn, IA. 11 11 The 1925 Iowa State census recorded renting on 8th Avenue: I. A. Beecher, 38, with wife Leota, 38. Both were educated to the 11th grade. He was born in Pennsylvania, she in Wisconsin. His father was J. W. Beecher born in Pennsylvania, age 72. His mother was Hannah Heiser born in Pennsylvania, age 62. His parents were married in Pennsylvania. Her father was Peter Aldrich born in Michigan, deceased. Her mother was Mary Farnsworth born in Pennsylvania, age 72. Her parents were married in Vinton, Iowa. Ira and Leota were affiliated with the Presbyterian Church.
6. Mary appeared in the household of Ira Ambrose Beecher in a census in 1930 in Torrance, Los Angeles, CA. 12 12 The 1930 census recorded Ira Beecher, 42, born in Pennsylvania, living with wife Mary L., 43, born in Wisconsin.
7. She appeared in the household of Ira Ambrose Beecher in a census in 1940 in Cedar Rapids, Linn, IA. 13 13 The 1940 census recorded Ira A. Beecher, 53, born in Pennsylvania, living with wife Mary L, 54, born in Wisconsin. Also with them is his mother-in-law Mary S. Hoover, 87, born in Pennsylvania; and two lodgers, Ersell F. Price, 45, and George W. Auld, 25, both born in Iowa.
8. Census in 1950 in Cedar Rapids, Linn, IA. 3 The 1950 census recorded at 1502 C Avenue: Ira A. Beecher, house painting, 63, living with wife Mary, 64. He was born in Pennsylvania and she in Wisconsin.
Mary married Ira Ambrose Beecher, son of John William Beecher and Hannah Rebecca Heiser, on 24 Nov 1909 in Dysart, Tama, IA.1 2 3 (Ira Ambrose Beecher was born on 10 Oct 1886 in East Salem, Juniata, PA,3 4 14 15 16 17 died on 27 May 1973 in Davenport, Scott, IA 3 15 17 18 and was buried in Dysart: Dysart Cemetery, Tama, IA 17.)
1 FamilySearch.org, Iowa, County Marriages, 1838-1934, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XJJL-597 John W Beecher in entry for Ira A Beecher and Mary Leota Aldrich, 1909.
2 , 27 Nov 1909, page 3. Beecher-Aldrich Marriage.
3 "1950 United States Census," https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:6FQW-9RLC Ira A Beecher Cedar Rapids IA.
4 "Iowa Marriages, 1809-1992" (www.FamilySearch.org), https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XJ51-BY6 Ira A Beecher and Mary Leota Aldrich, 24 Nov 1909.
5 , https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/151114683.
6 FamilySearch.org, Wisconsin, Births and Christenings, 1826-1926, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XR2R-FFX Peter M. Aldrich and Mary S. Farnsworth in entry for birth of female Aldrich, 13 Nov 1885.
7 , https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/M9LK-14K Leota M Aldrich in household of Mary S Aldrich, Clark Township Dysart town, Tama, Iowa, United States; citing sheet , family 172.
8 , http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=93239398.
9 , 1 Apr 1912, page 3.
10 , https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/MDMJ-H4C Ira Beecher, Traer, Tama, Iowa, United States; citing sheet , family 325, NARA microfilm publication T625, FHL microfilm 1820514.
11 , 1925, Linn, Cedar Rapids Precinct 14.
12 , https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XCJ5-B1K Ira Beecher, Torrance, Los Angeles, California, United States; citing enumeration district (ED) 1054, sheet , family 35, NARA microfilm publication .
13 , https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/KMYL-B2R Mary L Beecher in household of Ira A Beecher, Area A, Cedar Rapids, Rapids Township, Linn, Iowa, United States; citing enumeration district (ED) 57-48, sheet 2B, family 53.
14 , Iowa, Tama County, Dinsdale: Grant Township, Series: T623 Roll: 460 Page: 76.
15 U.S. Social Security Death Index, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/J1PB-D43 Ira Beecher, May 1973; citing U.S. Social Security Administration, Death Master File, database (Alexandria, Virginia: National Technical Information Service, ongoing).
16 FamilySearch.org, United States World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942, https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QKCH-WQ4M Ira Ambrose Beecher, 27 Apr 1942.
17 , https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/151114672.
18 "The Gazette (Cedar Rapids, IA)," 28 May 1973, page 3. Obituary of Ira A. Beecher.