Linda Nell Beacher 1 2 3 4
- Born: 23 Sep 1962, Okinawa, , Okinawa, JPN 5 6
- Marriage (1): David E. Scott Jr.
- Died: 24 Dec 2015, Elkton, Cecil, MD at age 53 7
Noted events in her life were:
1. Residence: 223 Hilltop Rd, Elkton, MD, 21921-2403 in 1989 in Elkton, Cecil, MD. 5
2. Residence: on 23 Jan 1998 in Elkton, Cecil, MD. 4
3. Residence: on 7 Feb 2014 in Elkton, Cecil, MD. 2
4. Newspaper: Cecil Whig: Elkton woman killed in Christmas Eve crash, 24 Dec 2015, Elkton, Cecil, MD. 7 ELKTON '96 An Elkton woman was killed on Christmas Eve day after her car veered off an Elkton-area road and hit a tree, police reported.
Linda Nell Scott, 53, of Elkton, was pronounced dead at the crash scene on Old Elk Neck Road near Justice Way, said Lt. Michael Holmes, a Cecil County Sheriff's Office spokesman.
The fatal crash occurred at about 12:15 p.m., when Scott lost control of her 1995 GMC truck while traveling in the northbound lane of Old Elk Neck Road, police said. The truck veered off the right side of the road, hit a tree and came to rest on its roof, partly in the northbound lane, police added.
Emergency workers blocked a portion of Old Neck Road from the Jones Chapel Road intersection to south of the crash scene for more than two hours, while members of an accident reconstruction team conducted their on-scene investigation, police reported.
Although the crash is still being investigated, police believe the slick roads may have played a factor, Holmes said.
The Christmas Eve crash is the second fatal accident on this section of Old Elk Neck Road in the past two months. On Nov. 5, two people were pronounced dead at the scene of a two car crash in the 2400 block of Old Elk Neck Road, near Justice Way, and two more went to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
5. Obituary: Cecil Daily: obituary of Linda Nell Scott on 3 Jan 2016 in Elkton, Cecil, MD. 6 Linda Nell Scott, 53, of Elkton, MD passed away unexpectedly Thursday, December 24, 2015.
Born September 23, 1962 in Okinawa, Japan, Linda was the daughter of the late Richard George Beacher, Sr. and the late Peggy Jo (Allen) Beacher. Linda was a lifelong resident of Elkton; even though she traveled with her husband, David, across the country and fell in love with Louisiana, Elkton was always considered her home. She was a proud licensed nurse practitioner and enjoyed being able to help others. She was a kind and generous heart who opened her doors to anyone in need, adults, children, and animals alike. She loved her dogs, most of which she rescued in one way or another. She enjoyed planting flowers in her gardens and reading anything and everything. But what Linda cherished most was spending time with her wonderful family and countless friends, especially her little princess, Anna.
Linda is survived by her loving husband of 28 years, David E. Scott, Jr.; son, Gene Arthur Scott and his companion, Emily Johnson; granddaughter, Anna Jo Scott; two brothers, Richard George Beacher, Jr. and Alfred W. Beacher; close cousins Carol Parsons, Benny and Schatzi Bello; and many aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, and friends.
A memorial service will be held on Saturday, January 9, 2016 at 3 PM at the VFW Post 8175, 208 W. High Street, Elkton, MD 21921.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made payable to "David E. Scott, Jr" and sent in care of R.T. Foard Funeral Home, P.A., 259 E. Main St., Elkton, MD 21921. To send condolences, please visit www.rtfoard.com.
Linda married David E. Scott Jr.