|Benjamin Franklin Woomer
Noted events in his life were:
1. Census in 1850 in Blythe Townshp, Schuylkill County, PA. 2
2. Military in 1863 in , , PA: Civil War, 48th Regiment, Pennsylvania Infantry.
3. Census in 1880 in Shenandoah, Schuylkill, PA. 5 Benjamin Woomer, engineer, 37, was living with wife Adeline, 36; William 13, occupation "picking slate"; Clara, 11; Laura, 10; Isaiah, 7; Harriet, 5, and Oscar, 2 months. Everyone and their parents were born in Pennsylvania.
4. Census in 1900 in Shenandoah, Schuylkill, PA. 3 The 1900 census recorded at 319 Centre Street: Benj F Woomer, 57, born Jan 1843, living with wife Adline, 56, Feb 1844; son Oscar, laborer, 19, Mar 1881; and an adopted son, Herbert Wiley, 17, Dec 1882. Everyone and their parents were born in Pennsylvania. Benjamin and Adeline were married for 35 years and she had birthed 7 children, 6 alive in1900.
5. Newspaper: Evening Herald: Mr. And Mrs. Benj. F. Womer Are Agreeably Surprised, 17 Oct 1904, Shenandoah, Schuylkill, PA. 6 Benjamin F. Womer, a well known and esteemed resident, formerly engineer at the Brandonville pumping station, was treated to an agreeable surprise last evening at 6 o'clock by the arrival of his sons, William F. and Isaiah Womer, of Braddock, Pa., who located in the thriving town near Pittsburg about four years ago. Mr. Womer was more than delighted to meet his "boys" and he and his good wife remained up until 12 o'clock chatting with them.
6. Newspaper: Evening Herald: funeral of Benajmin Woomer, 2 Aug 1905, Shenandoah, Schuylkill, PA. 7 Among those from a distance who attended the funeral of Benjamin F. Womer were Mrs. Isaiah Womer and daughter and Mr. and Mrs. William Womer, of Braddock, Pa; Mrs. Mary Morgans and Mrs. Lyman Vendemark, of Nanticoke; Charles Womer, of Alden Station, Pa.; Joseph Womer, Pottsville; Mr. and Mrs. William Herron and Piere Gallinger, Port Carbon; Mr. and Mrs. George Womer and family of Wm. Penn; Mr. and Mrs. William Hehn, Pottsville.
Benjamin married Adaline Hain. (Adaline Hain was born in Feb 1844 in Port Carbon, Schuylkill, PA,1 3 8 died on 16 Feb 1916 in Shenandoah, Schuylkill, PA 9 and was buried on 19 Feb 1916 in Shenandoah Heights: Odd Fellows Cemetery, Schuylkill, PA 9 10.)
1 1880 United States Census, Pennsylvania, Schuylkill County, Shenandoah, District 202, Page 7.
2 1850 United States Census, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/M4CB-C6H Isaiah Womer in household of Simon Womer, Blythe, Schuylkill, Pennsylvania, United States; citing dwelling 1832, family 1846.
3 1900 United States Census, Year: 1900; Census Place: Shenandoah, Schuylkill, Pennsylvania; Roll: 1484; Page: 7B; Enumeration District: 0172; FHL microfilm: 1241484.
4 Find A Grave, http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=106181877.
5 1880 United States Census, Pennsylvania, Schuylkill County, Shenandoah, Family History Library Film 1255192, NA Film Number T9-1192, Page 18C.
6 The Evening Herald (Shenandoah, PA), 17 Oct 1904, page 1.
7 The Evening Herald (Shenandoah, PA), 2 Aug 1905, page 1.
8 1850 United States Census, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/M4CY-5TN Adaline Hain in household of George Hain, East Norwegian, Schuylkill, Pennsylvania, United States; citing family 2832, NARA microfilm publication M432.
9 Ancestry.com, Pennsylvania, Death Certificates, 1906-1966 (Original data: Pennsylvania (State). Death certificates, 1906–1966. Series 11.90 (1,905 cartons). Records of the Pennsylvania Department of Health, Record Group 11. Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.), Death Certificate 21243, Adaline Woomer. Father Geo Heighn. Mother not listed.
10 The Evening Herald (Shenandoah, PA), 18 Feb 1902, page 1.