|Isaiah S. Woomer
Noted events in his life were:
1. He appeared on the census in 1880 in Shenandoah, Schuylkill, PA. 6 Benjamin Woomer, engineer, 37, was living with wife Adeline, 36; William 13, occupation "picking slate"; Clara, 11; Laura, 10; Isaiah, 7; Harriet, 5, and Oscar, 2 months. Everyone and their parents were born in Pennsylvania.
2. Cause of Death: Family historian Bruce Franklin Beacher in his May, 1979 family newsletter stated that family stories said Isaiah was was killed while working in a steel mill in Pittsburgh, but did not report any death date., , Allegheny, PA. 10 13 Researching Bruce's lead further, discover Isaiah and wife Angeline Beacher appear on a birth record for Herbert Woomer who would have been conceived about May 1907, so Isaiah should be alive then, but curiously the 1906 Braddock City Directory lists Angeline as a widow of Isaiah.
3. Newspaper: The Evening Herald, 21 Sep 1896, Shenandoah, Schuylkill, PA. 1 Isaiah Woomer and Miss Caroline Beacher were married by Rev. Robert O'Boyle on Saturday evening, at the residence of Mr. James Haines, 213 South Chestnut street.
4. Military in 1898 in , , PA: Spanish American War: Isiah Woomer, Co. L, 21st Infantry, Private.
5. He appeared on the census in 1900 in Shenandoah, Schuylkill, PA. 7 The 1900 census recorded renting at 237 Oak Street: Isaiah Worner [indexed wrong due to poor handwriting], colliery laborer, 27, born Jul 1873, living with wife Angeline, 23, Oct 1877; daughter Adeline, 3, Feb 1897; and son Benjamin F., 4 months old, born Jan 1900. Everyone and their parents were born in Pennsylvania. The couple was married for 3 years and Angeline had birthed 2 children.
6. Moved: Isaiah's older brother, William F. Woomer, appears in the Braddock city directory in 1902, and likely encouraged Isaiah to move there for work., Abt 1903, North Braddock, Allegheny, PA.
7. Occupation: boilermaker in 1907 in North Braddock, Allegheny, PA. 14
8. Residence: 575 Hawkins Ave., North Braddock, PA in 1907 in North Braddock, Allegheny, PA. 14
Isaiah married Angeline Beacher, daughter of Benjamin Franklin Beacher Sr. and Sarah Jane Jacobs, on 19 Sep 1896 in Shenandoah, Schuylkill, PA.1 2 (Angeline Beacher was born on 15 Oct 1874 in Shenandoah, Schuylkill, PA,13 15 16 17 died on 9 Sep 1930 in South Fayette Township, Allegheny, PA 17 18 19 and was buried on 12 Sep 1930 in Pittsburgh: Cavalry Cemetery, Allegheny, PA 17 18 19.)
1 Library of Congress - Chronicling America Historic Newspapers (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov), http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lccn/sn87078000/1896-09-21/ed-1/seq-1/;words=Beacher.
2 FamilySearch.org, Pennsylvania, County Marriages, 1885 - 1950, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/KMC5-J2W Isaiah Womer and Caroline Beacher, 1896.
3 Billion Graves (http://www.BillionGraves.com), http://billiongraves.com/pages/record/IsaiahS.Woomer/2988886.
4 Find A Grave, https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/106183599.
5 1880 United States Census, Pennsylvania, Schuylkill County, Shenandoah, District 202, Page 7.
6 1880 United States Census, Pennsylvania, Schuylkill County, Shenandoah, Family History Library Film 1255192, NA Film Number T9-1192, Page 18C.
7 1900 United States Census, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/M347-DLS Isaiah Worner, Shenandoah borough Ward 4, Schuylkill, Pennsylvania, United States; citing sheet 6A, family 87, NARA microfilm publication T623, FHL microfilm 1241484.
8 Schalk, Adolf W. and Hon. D.C. Henning, editors, History of Schuylkill County, Pennsylvania (State Historical Association, 1907. Found in Pennsylvania State Library, R974.863 Sch. 13 V.2), Volume II, pages 44-46.
9 Ancestry.com, Pennsylvania, Veterans Burial Cards, 1777-2012 (Pennsylvania Veterans Burial Cards, 1777-2012. Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission, Bureau of Archives and History. Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.), Isiah Woomer, birth/death dates blank. Spanish American War, Army, Co. L 21st Inf. Private, buried Odd Fellows, Shenandoah.
10 Beacher, Bruce Franklin, Beau-Chere, The Beacher Family Newsletter, 1 Mar 1979.
11 FamilySearch.org, Ohio, Deaths, 1908-1953, (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/X6PN-SQ5 Isaiah Woomer in entry for Benjamin Franklin Woomer, 1953; citing reference Certificate, Ohio Historical Society, Columbus, Ohio.
12 FamilySearch.org, Pennsylvania, County Marriages, 1885 - 1950, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/KHFR-Z2C Isia Woomer in entry for Fred J Felbinger and Adeline Evans, 1924.
13 Genealogy Research conducted by Bruce Franklin Beacher Ph.D. (1919-2004).
14 Ancestry.com, Pennsylvania, Birth Records, 1906-1909 (Original data: Pennsylvania (State). Birth certificates, 1906–1909. Series 11.89 (50 cartons). Records of the Pennsylvania Department of Health, Record Group 11. Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.), Herbert Woomer, b. 21 Feb 1908, father Isiah Woomer deceased, mother Angeline Beacher.
15 Civil War Pension, Certificate 867890, January 15, 1898, for Benjamin F. Beacher.
16 FamilySearch.org, Pennsylvania, County Marriages, 1885 - 1950, https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/KMCT-NWW Fred R Gray and Angelina Woomer, 30 Dec 1909; citing , Schuylkill, Pennsylvania, United States; FHL microfilm 2131381.
17 Find A Grave, http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=132860473.
18 Ancestry.com, Pennsylvania, Death Certificates, 1906-1966 (Original data: Pennsylvania (State). Death certificates, 1906–1966. Series 11.90 (1,905 cartons). Records of the Pennsylvania Department of Health, Record Group 11. Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.), Death Certificate 83180. Angelina Gray.
19 Pittsburgh Press (Pittsburgh, Allegheny, Pennsylvania.), 10 Sep 1930, page 31. Obituary of Angeline Gray.