|Henry H. Bicher
This Henry's modern day family has a Saur Bible printed in 1734 in Germanstown, PA with a brass plaque on the cover inscribed: "Heinrich Bicher" , " Dec. D. 23, 1809." This is before the birth of this Henry, so he has an earlier Henry ancestor, and likely that must be the grandfather of Henry Bicher b. 12 Apr 1828. We have not yet found the missing connections.
The 1870 Census reported his age was 41, indicating he was born about 1829.
Sponsors were Henry Steiner & Polly Schneider.
Noted events in his life were:
1. He has conflicting birth information of Henry's tombstone and death certificate has a birth date of 12 Apr 1828 but 21 Oct 1828 is the birth recorded in his Muddy Creek Church baptism record. Both his baptism and burial records state his parents are John Bicher and Catherine Schneider., 21 Oct 1828 and , Lancaster, PA.
2. Census in 1860 in Adamstown, Lancaster, PA. 2 Henry Bicher, age 30, is recorded as a day laborer living on the farm of Henry Echternach, age 39. He is listed on the same page as Lydia Redcay [nee Bicher] who is likely his sister.
3. Census in 1870 in Jackson Twp., Lebanon, PA. 10 Found in the 1870 Census in Jackson Township (Myerstown post office) in Lebanon County is Henry Beecher, age 41; occupation: works on canal. He is living with wife Lucy, 32. Both were born in Pennsylvania. Henry did not own real estate, and his possessions were worth $100.
4. Census in 1880 in Myerstown, Lebanon, PA. 11 Found in the 1880 Census in Myerstown in Lebanon County is Henry Bicher, age 52, laborer. He is living with wife Lucy, 43; and son Morris H., age 4. All were born in Pennsylvania, as were their parents.
5. He was elected as a member of the town council (according to the History of Lancaster County, Pennsylvania) in 1882 in Adamstown, Lancaster, PA. 12 Town Council.--1875, Jacob Fitchthorne, Benjamin Steffy, Isaac Sowers, Henry Haller, Sr (only four councilmen this year); 1876, Jacob Fitchthorne, Henry H. Miller, Benjamin Steffy, Edward Regar, George Bollman; 1877, Henry Fitchthorne, William M. Krick, William M. Hyman, Edward Regar, David Landis; 1878, David Landis, Joshua Spaeetz, William M. Hyman, Edward Smith, Henry Fitchthorne; 1879, Edward Regar, Samuel Regar, Benjamin Steffy, Andrew M. Gottshall, Edward Smith; 1880, Andrew M. Gottshall, William M. Hyman, William R. Stork, William R. Redcay, Jr., Nathan F. Hartman; 1881, Michael Smith, Sr., William F. Regar, Jr., B. M. Artz, Cyrus Miller, Benjamin Steffy; 1882, Henry Bicher, Samuel R. Sloat, John Zerbe, Augustus Regar, Richard Trostle, Harrison Birndel; 1883, Henry Seigfreid, Henry Bucher, David Lorah, Augustus Regar, John Zerbe, Richard Trostle. History of Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, with Biographical Sketches of Many of its Pioneers and Prominent Men
6. Census in 1900 in Jackson Twp., Lebanon, PA. 13 The 1900 census recorded renting a home at 348 Richland Avenue in Myerstown: Henry Becherd, no occupation, 73, born Apr 1827, living with wife Lucy, 64, Mar 1836; son Morris Becherd, occupation teamster, 25, Oct 1875; daughter-in-law Emma, 25, Nov 1875; and granddaughter Edna M., 1, May 1899. Everyone and their parents were born in Pennsylvania. Lucy and Henry were married for 3 years and she had birthed 3 children by 1900. Morris and Emma were married for 1 year and she had birthed 1 child.
7. Newspaper: Lebanon Daily News: "A Fiery Ball. During the same storm, a fiery ball passed along the telephone wires, on Richland street, glancing off and striking the ground at the home of Henry Biechert, but no damage resulted.", 16 Aug 1905, Lebanon, Lebanon, PA. 14
8. Death Certificate: Certificate Number 108654. Henry Bicher., 21 Nov 1907, Jackson Twp., Lebanon, PA. 4 Name: Henry Bicher
9. On 21 Nov 1907 in Myerstown: Friedens Evangelical Lutheran Church, Lebanon, PA. 8 The burial notes in Frienden's Evangelical Lutheran Church identify the parents of Henry Bicher. "Henry Bicher, son of John Bicher & wife Catharine Schneiderin, buried Nov 21, 1907, New Union."
10. Obituary: Lebanon Daily News: Mr. Biechert Among Dead on 23 Nov 1907 in Lebanon, Lebanon, PA. 9 -----
Henry married Lucy Ann Fry, daughter of MIchael Fry and Elizabeth Hoschaar. (Lucy Ann Fry was born on 14 Mar 1835 in , Lancaster, PA 11 15 16, christened on 4 Sep 1836 in East Cocalico Twp.: Muddy Creek Lutheran Church, Lancaster, PA,16 died on 7 Jul 1910 in Jackson Twp., Lebanon, PA 8 15 and was buried on 12 Jul 1910 in Myerstown: New Union Cemetery, Lebanon, PA 8 15 17.)
1 <i>Find A Grave</i>, http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=35839148.
2 <i>1860 United States Census</i>, Pennsylvania, Lancaster County, Adamstown, Page 3.
3 <i>1860 United States Census</i>, Year: 1860; Census Place: Adamstown, Lancaster, Pennsylvania; Roll: M653_1124; Page: 3; Image: 8; Family History Library Film: 805124.
4 Ancestry.com, <i>Pennsylvania, Death Certificates, 1906-1966</i> (Original data: Pennsylvania (State). Death certificates, 1906–1966. Series 11.90 (1,905 cartons). Records of the Pennsylvania Department of Health, Record Group 11. Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.), Death Certificate 108654. Henry Bicher. Father John Bicher. Mother Maria Schnader.
5 Ancestry.com, <i>Pennsylvania, Death Certificates, 1906-1966</i> (Original data: Pennsylvania (State). Death certificates, 1906–1966. Series 11.90 (1,905 cartons). Records of the Pennsylvania Department of Health, Record Group 11. Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.), Death Certificate 105268. Morris H. Bicher. Father Henry Bicher. Mother Lucy Frey.
6 <i>Reading Times (Reading, PA)</i> (Reading, Berks, Pernnsylvania.), 11 May 1907, page 5. Obituary of Mrs. Charles S. Ruth.
7 <i>Muddy Creek Lutheran Church</i>.
8 <i>Friedens Evangelical Lutheran Church, Myerstown, Lebanon Co., PA</i>.
9 Lebanon Daily News, 23 Nov 1907, page 3. Mr. Biechert Among Dead.
10 <i>1870 United States Census</i>, Pennsylvania, Lebanon County, Jackson Township, Series: M593 Roll: 1361 Page: 149.
11 1880 United States Census, FHL Film 1255145; National Archives Film T9-1145; Page 152C.
12 Ellis, Franklin and Evans, Samuel, <i>History of Lancaster County, Pennsylvania with Biographical Sketches of Many of its Pioneers and Prominent Men</i> (1883. Philadelphia, Everts & Peck.), Chapter XXXV. Adamstown Borough.
13 <i>1900 United States Census</i>, https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:M33G-8FX Henry Becherd, Jackson Township, South Division, Lebanon, Pennsylvania, United States; citing sheet 16A, family 363.
14 Lebanon Daily News, 16 Aug 1905, page 3.
15 <i>Find A Grave</i>, http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=35839149.
16 Ancestry.com, <i>Pennsylvania and New Jersey, Church and Town Records, 1669-2013</i>, PA > Lancaster > Cocalico > Muddy Creek Lutheran. Baptisms, printed page 123, online image 202. Luisea Frey, parents Michael & Elizabeth Frey.
17 <i>Lebanon Courier Newspaper</i> (Lebanon Borough, Lebanon County, Pennsylvania), 15 Jul 1910, page 5. Funeral of Mrs. Lucy Biechert.