|Minnie Mae Allison
FamilySearch ID: LRKR-MM7.
Noted events in her life were:
1. Census in 1900 in Indianapolis, Marion, IN. 5 The 1900 census recorded Hiram Smith, candy maker, 30, born Dec 1870, living with wife Minnie, family restaurant, 34, Jun 1866; stepson George M. Newby, 14, Jun 1886; stepson Herbert A. Newby, 13, Nov 1887; and stepdaughter Gertrude Newby, 11, Oct 1889. The census column says they were married less than a year when the census was recorded on 1 Jun 1900, and Minnie had birthed 4 children, 3 alive in 1900. Everyone and their parents wre born in Indiana, except Hiram's father in Ohio, and Minnie's father in Pennsylvania.
2. Census in 1920 in Indianapolis, Marion, IN. 6 The 1920 census recorded renting at 939 E. Prospect Street: Sherman T. Shigley, foreman for transfer company, 55, living with wife Minnie M., 53; and stepdaughter Ester Smith, 18. Everyone and their parents were born in Indiana except Sherman's mother in Sweden, and Minnie's father in Pennsylvania.
3. Cause of Death: arteriosclerosis, 10 Dec 1950, Indianapolis, Marion, IN. 3
4. Residence: 1206 English Avenue, Indianapolis, IN on 10 Dec 1950 in Indianapolis, Marion, IN. 3
5. Obituary: Indianapolis Star: obituary of Mrs. Minnie Shigley on 12 Dec 1950 in Indianapolis, Marion, IN. 4 Funeral services for Mrs. Minnie Shigley, 84 years old, who died Sunday in her home, 1206 English Avenue, will be held at 3 p.m. today in J. C. Wilson Chapel of the Chimes. Burial will be in Floral Park Cemetery. Born at Muncie, Mrs. Shigley was a resident of Indianapolis 60 years and was a member of the Methodist Church. She and her second husband, the late Sherman T. Shigley, owned and operated several restaurants in Indianapolis nearly 30 years. Survivors include two daughters, Mrs. Esther Willis and Mrs. Gertrude Buck; two sons, George and Herbert Newby, all of Indianapolis; a stepbrother, the Rev. Harry Waldo, Westfield, and 10 grandchildren, 15 greatgrandchildren.
Minnie married Oriel "Ora" Newby on 15 May 1886 in Oronoko Township, Berrien, Michigan, United States.1 (Oriel "Ora" Newby was born on 31 Mar 1867 in , Hamilton, Indiana, United States 1 and died on 8 Jun 1894 in Indianapolis, Marion, IN 7.)
Minnie next married Hiram Smith in 1900 in Indianapolis, Marion, IN. (Hiram Smith was born in Dec 1870 in , , IN.)
Minnie next married Sherman T. Shigley, son of William M. Shigley and Anna Johnson, on 25 Aug 1917 in Newport, Campbell, KY.2 (Sherman T. Shigley was born on 17 Jul 1860 in Lafayette, Tippecanoe, IN, United States,2 8 9 died on 5 Sep 1944 in Indianapolis, Marion, IN 10 11 and was buried on 7 Sep 1944 in Indianapolis: Floral Park Cemetery, Marion, Indiana, United States 10 11.)
1 Ancestry.com, Michigan Marriages, 1851-1875, https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:NQ7T-MPR Oriel Newby and Minnie M. Alison, 15 May 1886; citing Oronoko Twp, Berrien, Michigan, v 1 p 127 rn 158, Department of Vital Records, Lansing; FHL microfilm 2,342,478.
2 FamilySearch.org, Kentucky, County Marriages, 1797-1954, https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FW17-9TX Sherman T. Shigley and Minnie M. Smith, 25 Aug 1917; citing Newport, Campbell, Kentucky, United States, Madison County Courthouse, Richmond; FHL microfilm 1,913,169.
3 Ancestry.com, "Indiana, U.S., Death Certificates, 1899-2017," Certificate 38545. Minnie M. Shigley. Father Washington Allison. Mother Martha Medden.
4 , 12 Dec 1950, page 29. Obituary of Mrs. Minnie Shigley.
5 , https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:M9M3-FQ3 Hiram Smith, Center Township, Precinct 11 Indianapolis city Ward 1, Marion, Indiana, United States; citing enumeration district (ED) 29, sheet 5B, family 106.
6 , https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:MFWY-F8H Sherman T Shigley, Indianapolis Ward 13, Marion, Indiana, United States; citing ED 221, sheet 5A, line 11, family 107.
7 "Indianapolis News (Indianapolis, IN)," 11 Jun 1894, page 2. Death Returns, Ora Newby.
8 FamilySearch.org, Indiana Marriages, 1780-1992, https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:XFX4-KRY Sherman T. Shigley and Laura F. Beeker, 13 Feb 1890; citing reference item 4 p 84; FHL microfilm 872,060.
9 Ancestry.com, "Indiana, U.S., Death Certificates, 1899-2017," Certificate 27715. Sherman T. Shigley. Father Thos. G. Shigley. Mother Mary A. Johnson born in Sweden. Informant: Esther Willis, daughter.
10 , 6 Sep 1944, page 16. Obituary of Sherman T. Shigley.
11 , https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/207463077.