Frederick Beher 1 2
Other names for Frederick were Frederick Becher,4 Frederick Beecher,5 Frederick Beeher,4 Friederich Beiger,6 Fredrick Bucher, Friederich Bucher,7 Frederick Bücher,7 Friederich Bücher, Frederick Buecher 3 8 and Fredrick Buecher.
FamilySearch ID: LZDK-6XX.
Noted events in his life were:
1. Fact: It is proven with Y-DNA tests that Frederick Beher / Beecher of Rennick's Run creek, Botetourt, Virginia is the son of Henry Beher / Beecher / Buecher who died in Littlestown, PA in 1795, and also that Frederick is the father of Samuel D. Beher (1796-1863) who died in Rushville, Indiana. Contact email@example.com to learn more or see https://searchtrees.com/beher-family-history
2. Alt. Name: Original surname Bücher with umlaut above u (same in German as Buecher)., in 1764,. Original surname Bücher with umlaut above u (same in German as Buecher). Most descendants in this branch use Beher but in other branches Beecher is predominant. See https://searchtrees.com/beher-family-history/
3. He appeared as a sponsor at a baptism on 5 Nov 1785 at Littlestown: Christ Reformed Church, Adams, PA. 9
4. In 1788 in Littlestown: Christ Reformed Church, Adams, PA. Frederick appears in the records of Christ Church for the baptisms of his children.
5. Tax List: 1789, Germany Twp., York, PA. 10 Beecher, Henry, 75 acres, 1 horse, 1 cow, 1 house, 2 lots.valuation 64,0,0, tax 0 9 0
6. Census in 1790 in Berwick/Cumberland, York County, PA. 11 Frederick Beeher is listed with 1 white male over 16, 4 white males under 16, and 4 white females.
7. Property in 1797 in Germany Twp., York, PA. 4 12 Frederick Beeher or Becher & wf:Catharine of the state of Virginia, she being one of the dau. & legatees of Jacob Winterode, deceased of Germany Twp., deeded their share of land to Samuel Beecher....
8. Residence: Deed transfer in 1797 stated Frederick was living in Virginia. in 1797 in , , VA.
9. Census in 1800 in Libertytown, Frederick, MD. 13 This may be a match.
10. Tax List: Federick Beher, taxed for 204 acres deeded to him by P. Minnick., 1806, , Botetourt, VA. See discussion:
11. Census in 1810 in , Botetourt, VA. 14 Name: Frederick Beaker [indexed as Fredk Beakes as handwritten r looks like s]
12. No will is on file for Frederick Beher in Botetourt or Rockbridge counties but there is an Estate Settlement for Frederick Beeher filed by wife Catharine on 5 Feb 1815 in Rennicks Run, Botetourt, VA, USA. 15 Following his death in 1811 his estate settlement was administered by his widow Catharine and not settled until 5 Feb1815. We've attached an image of her accounting statement viewable in the Memories section of his record at FamilySearch: https://www.familysearch.org/tree/person/memories/LZDK-6XX
Frederick married Catherine Wintrode, daughter of Johann Jacob Winteroth Sr. and Anna Maria Barbara Mayer. (Catherine Wintrode was born circa 1768 in , Frederick, MD and died after 1830 in , , VA.)
1 The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, International Genealogical Index (R) (Copyright (c) 1980, 2002, data as of November 17, 2005).
3 (Family Line Publications, Westminister, MD 21157. No year.), Page 79.
4 , Deed Book 2M-333.
5 FamilySearch.org, Virginia Marriages, 1785-1940, https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:XRV2-JH7 father Frederick Beeher in marriage of John Fulwiler and Catharine Beeher, 13 Dec 1808; citing Botetourt Co., Virginia, reference 2:3VVQZRC; FHL microfilm 30,734.
6 (Family Line Publications, Westminister, MD 21157. No year.), Page 77.
7 (Frederick, MD).
8 William J. Hinke, Church Record of The Conewago Or Christ Church Congregation Near Littlestown Adams County Pennsylvania 1747-1871 (Online https://dcms.lds.org/delivery/DeliveryManagerServlet?dps_pid=IE2130818&from=fhd in FamilySearch.org Books), Page 24.
9 William J. Hinke, Church Record of The Conewago Or Christ Church Congregation Near Littlestown Adams County Pennsylvania 1747-1871 (Online https://dcms.lds.org/delivery/DeliveryManagerServlet?dps_pid=IE2130818&from=fhd in FamilySearch.org Books), Page 20.
(Ancestry.com. Pennsylvania, Tax and Exoneration, 1768-1801 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2011.
Tax & Exoneration Lists, 1762–1794. Series No. 4.61; Records of the Office of the Comptroller General, RG-4. Pennsylvania Historical & Museum Commission, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.), PA > York > Germany Township, Beecher Henry, Beecher Frederick, Beecher John.
11 , Pennsylvania, York County, Berwick/Cumberland Townships, Series: M637 Roll: 9 Page: 461.
13 , https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:XH55-G4W Frederick Beecher, Liberty, Frederick, Maryland, United States; citing p. 225.
14 , https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:XH23-BF5 Fredk Beakes, Botetourt, Virginia, United States; citing p. 605.
15 , Will Book C Page 50. Estate settlement of Frederick Beeher.
Table of Contents | Surnames | Name List
This website was created 17 Mar 2023 with Legacy 9.0, a division of MyHeritage.com; content copyrighted and maintained by firstname.lastname@example.org